deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Auteur Sujet: Hopes for post-War of Spark sets  (Lu 478 fois)

Firegriff

• Decks
Hopes for post-War of Spark sets
« le: Mars 16, 2019, 11:42:21 pm »
What is onyour wishlist for upcoming sets?  Where do you think the theme will be going?

After the battle with Nicol Bolas ends, I think the story will follow Karn as he seeks revenge on Phyrexia.  They won't go straight to Mirrodin, because they need to build the suspense... And Karn needs more resources to end Phyrexia.

So here is how I think it will go down.  Karn, remembering the Slivers from his time on the Weatherlight, will seek the Slivers out and try to find a way to use them against Phyrexia (the Myr being inorganic don't really need to worry about being prey in my humble opinion).  So that will make one block of sets.  Another set will be about the feeble resistance of those left trapped on Mirrodin among the Phyrexians.  This lets them bring in more infect (and possibly find a way to make Proliferate a bit more useful... Maybe the resistance learns it this time?).  That would be a second block.

A third block could track the survivors of tye War of Sparks as they try to prepare to help Karn, with a final block, named something to the effect of Karn's Revenge.

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Banging and (spell) slanging!
  • Decks
Re: Hopes for post-War of Spark sets
« Réponse #1 le: Mars 17, 2019, 01:26:54 pm »
My hope isn't for the set directly after War of the Spark, but for maybe a set after that would be a return to Theros so we could finally see Elspeth returned from the underworld.
This space for rent.

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
« Réponse #2 le: Mars 17, 2019, 01:32:55 pm »
I don't remember too much about lore, but isn't there some thing about Karn only having a memory span of 20 years?

Firegriff

• Decks
« Réponse #3 le: Mars 17, 2019, 05:48:00 pm »
A return of Elspeth would be awesome.  As to Karn, not sure of the memory limitation, maybe Phyrexia may have blocked his memories?  I do know from Dominaria storyline he wants them obliterated.

robort

• Patron
  • Decks
« Réponse #4 le: Mars 17, 2019, 06:06:42 pm »
Urza acquiesced and placed a mental cap on Karn's memories, allowing him to recall only 20 years of his life at a time. There was only one thing that Karn never wished to forget, and every night he would hold a picture of Jhoira and repeat the mantra "Jhoira is my friend."

Return to Dominaria

While searching for Jaya Ballard, Chandra Nalaar met Karn in Yavimaya where he had been trying to contain Multani's regrowth spasms while searching for the Cylix.[6] After finding the Cylix, he planned to use it to destroy New Phyrexia.[7] After the defeat of Belzenlok, Karn agreed to help the Gatewatch in the fight against Nicol Bolas. He didn't take the oath, because he meant to leave soon to continue his effort to destroy New Phyrexia.[

A legend in my own mind or so what the voices keep telling me

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Banging and (spell) slanging!
  • Decks
« Réponse #5 le: Mars 18, 2019, 05:45:38 pm »
I'd love more infect!
This space for rent.

Soren841

• Decks
« Réponse #6 le: Mars 18, 2019, 05:47:14 pm »
I can see more infect.. people are all complaining that the London Mull is gonna make unfair decks too fast, and I know Infect beats Tron.. maybe some new toys will bring it up!
Nils is the God I worship