English-language Forums > Commander Discussion

Brewing CEDH Decks

<< < (3/7) > >>

Soren841:
I have concluded that Morganator is me from the future

WWolfe:

--- Quote from: Soren841 on March 18, 2019, 05:10:20 pm ---I have concluded that Morganator is me from the future

--- End quote ---

God help us if there's two Soren's...

(kidding)

Soren841:
See it makes sense! If he were future me, he'd be posting back in time (at the same time as me), but since it'd be difficult to affect the past, it's delayed from when MY posts are. ALSO, a lot of the time he basically says what I said but he says it better. Obviously, in the future I'll be better at communicating my thoughts into text.. what's the future like Morganator?

Morganator 2.0:
Now to answer this question.

--- Quote from: Red_Wyrm on March 18, 2019, 06:05:29 am ---What are other commanders cedh players are brewing with to make work, but haven't quite become cedh yet?

--- End quote ---

It seems contrary, but a lot of cEDH players are very dismissive. If a commander doesn't immediately catch their eye, they ignore it. This could just be because that is the attitude of the people who run the TappedOut tier list. A lot of the commanders under Tier 2 of this list are at the border; they are really high powered, but not quite competitive.
https://deckstats.net/decks/86132/1184089-cedh-tier-list/en

While a lot of these decks are strong, and are often referred to as competitive decks, they are just stopping short of being able to go toe-to-toe with the more powerful decks. I encourage anyone to brew with these commanders, and see if you can discover something that no one else has done yet. A couple highlights that I think are worth mentioning.

Muldrotha, the Gravetide: These are the three strongest colors in commander (fight me!), so we know that the combo potential is there. Muldrotha is also able to recur stax pieces. Her mana cost is restrictive, but there has got to be something we've overlooked. This is the commander that I think is most likely to go up a tier if brewed properly.

Teysa Karlov: She only came out recently, so maybe we just need to give her some time. So far, all the decks I've seen use her for value, but we need something that goes from "value" to "game winning".

Inalla, Archmage Ritualist: Most decks keep her in the command zone, and only bring her out if they have 4 wizards and Isochron Scepter + Dramatic Reversal. The Wanderwine Prophets combo just isn't strong enough for cEDH. I can't rationalize it, but I have a hunch that there is another way to use her second ability.

Kruphix, God of Horizons: While the last three commanders might not have been brewed enough, Kruphix is probably just waiting for some new tech to be released.

Sai, Master Thopterist: The main issue with Sai is that any brew you come up with would probably work better in Arcum Dagsson. But there might be some combo out there that was overlooked.

Vaevictis Asmadi, the Dire: An excellent removal commander that suffers the same downside as Muldrotha; 6 mana is a lot for a commander that doesn't straight-up win the game (like Narset, Enlightened Master). I don't know why, but I just get the feeling that there is some potential here that has been ignored.

--- Quote from: Soren841 on March 18, 2019, 05:49:05 pm ---What's the future like Morganator?

--- End quote ---

Most everyone in first-world countries are cyborgs (hence Morganator 2.0). Aliens made contact, and now ignore us (something about "too creepy"). Dwayne the Rock is President, and actually doing a good job (aside from the the fact that the cabinet settles arguments with wrestling). Global warming is still a bitch. And strangely enough, the cardstock quality of Magic cards has actually gone down.

Soren841:
I consider High Power close enough to cEDH. It's really not, and occasionally I won't be interested in playing a pod with them, but usually they're enough to at least hang with the big boys.. I might have to revisit Sai lol, I tried him when he was spoiled. And yes, a lot of cEDH players (especially the ones like Shaper, Gigi, Sigi, etc.) go beyond close minded. It's their way or they hate you. At least I, while being argumentative and incredibly persistent, don't hate you for disagreeing

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version