English-language Forums > Commander Discussion

Brewing CEDH Decks

<< < (2/7) > >>

Judaspriester:
Hmm.. as far as I get your posst, you lack in card knowledge and it sounds like you haven't got much EDH experience either. So I don't really get, why do you want to start on a competetive level?

Don't get me wrong, if you want to play on that level its fine, but I would expect a very steep learning curve.

Morganator 2.0:
This might help. Let's assume that the starting creature is Dryad Arbor. You'll notice that you don't necessarily need to start with a zero mana creature.

Deadeye Navigator line

* Sacrifice Dryad Arbor to get Quirion Ranger. Return a forest to untap Vannifar.
* Sacrifice Quirion Ranger to get Scryb Ranger. Return a forest to untap Vannifar.
* Sacrifice Scryb Ranger to get Trophy Mage. Trophy Mage searches for Thousand-Year Elixir. Play the elixir and untap Vannifar
* Sacrifice Trophy Mage to get Fatestitcher. Use Fatestitcher to untap Vannifar, thanks to the Thousand-Year Elixir.
* Sacrifice Fatestitcher for Peregrine Drake. Untap 5 lands. Unearth the Fatestitcher so it can untap Vannifar.
* Sacrifice Peregrine Drake to get Deadeye Navigator. Pair it with Vannifar, and then pay 2 mana to flicker Vannifar, and don't re-pair.
* Sacrifice Fatestitcher to get Body Double. Body Double enters as a copy of Peregrine Drake. Pair it with Deadeye Navigator. Generate infinite mana by continuously untapping lands.
* Flicker Body Double and have it enter as a copy of Trophy Mage. Search for Staff of Domination. With infinite mana and infinite draw, you kinda just win.
A lot of these cards already see play in certain decks, so just be memory, the brewer can figure out a path for the combo. As you play more decks and build more, eventually you will also be able to think up of cards for your combo. For something like Vannifar, you can also just search up creatures that untap another creature when they enter.

WizardSpartan:

--- Quote from: Morganator 2.0 on March 18, 2019, 11:25:29 am ---This might help. Let's assume that the starting creature is Dryad Arbor. You'll notice that you don't necessarily need to start with a zero mana creature.

Deadeye Navigator line

* Sacrifice Dryad Arbor to get Quirion Ranger. Return a forest to untap Vannifar.
* Sacrifice Quirion Ranger to get Scryb Ranger. Return a forest to untap Vannifar.
* Sacrifice Scryb Ranger to get Trophy Mage. Trophy Mage searches for Thousand-Year Elixir. Play the elixir and untap Vannifar
* Sacrifice Trophy Mage to get Fatestitcher. Use Fatestitcher to untap Vannifar, thanks to the Thousand-Year Elixir.
* Sacrifice Fatestitcher for Peregrine Drake. Untap 5 lands. Unearth the Fatestitcher so it can untap Vannifar.
* Sacrifice Peregrine Drake to get Deadeye Navigator. Pair it with Vannifar, and then pay 2 mana to flicker Vannifar, and don't re-pair.
* Sacrifice Fatestitcher to get Body Double. Body Double enters as a copy of Peregrine Drake. Pair it with Deadeye Navigator. Generate infinite mana by continuously untapping lands.
* Flicker Body Double and have it enter as a copy of Trophy Mage. Search for Staff of Domination. With infinite mana and infinite draw, you kinda just win.
A lot of these cards already see play in certain decks, so just be memory, the brewer can figure out a path for the combo. As you play more decks and build more, eventually you will also be able to think up of cards for your combo. For something like Vannifar, you can also just search up creatures that untap another creature when they enter.

--- End quote ---

This makes me want to play Vannifar. How would the Protean Hulk combo work? I, too, am inexperienced in the ways of the cEDH community, and I don't know many combos outside of various infinite mana combos + Walking Ballista, etc. I know of all those untappers because I play Marwyn for fun, but I usually win through a truckload of elves + Craterhoof Behemoth and other mass buffs (I don't play in a competitve group)

Soren841:
Simic Ezuri, Sage of Hours, and 4 0 drops is infinite turns

Morganator 2.0:

--- Quote from: Soren841 on March 18, 2019, 02:46:25 pm ---Simic Ezuri, Sage of Hours, and 4 0 drops is infinite turns

--- End quote ---

Here, I'll give the non-abridged version.

When blue is added to the mix, Protean Hulk combo becomes Flash Hulk combo. You cast Flash, revealing Protean Hulk, and then don't pay the two mana to keep it alive. The deck is fast because you include cards like Summoner's Pact, Mystical Tutor, and Worldly Tutor, to improve your odds of getting both Flash and Protean Hulk in your hand.

Vannifar adds a few other things. Firstly is that you can search up Spellseeker to get you Flash. Second, the combo changes slightly.

* Sacrifice Fatestitcher getting Tidewater Minion. It untaps Vannifar
* Sacrifice Tidewater Minion getting Great Oak Guardian, which untaps Vannifar.
* Sacrifice Great Oak Guardian to get Protean Hulk. Unearth Fatestitcher and use it to untap Vannifar.
* Sacrifice Protean Hulk finding nothing with Vannifar's ability.
* Use Protean Hulk's death trigger to find Sage of Hours, Ezuri, Claw of Progress, and 4 creatures with 0 power and CMC 0 (like Memnite, Ornithopter, Endless One, and Shifting Wall). You instantly get 5 experience counters.
* Come combat, you put 5 +1/+1 counters on Sage of Hours. You now have infinite extra turns.
Of course, you'll want Flash Hulk instead, because it is generally faster and harder to stop.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version