deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Phyrexquities - Comments  (Read 190 times)

Comment Bot

Phyrexquities - Comments
« on: March 21, 2019, 05:03:46 pm »
Phyrexquities

This topic has been created automatically to discuss this deck.
Dieses Thema wurde automatisch erstellt, um dieses Deck zu diskutieren.

nsyrette

• Decks
Re: Phyrexquities - Comments
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2019, 05:03:46 pm »
There's a downside with using those Azor Gateways, you have to discard five different mana costing cards (as in CC : 1,2,3,4,5 minimum (not five random cards).  (Not five casting cost either, if I am reading the wording correctly.)

This is a powerful card in an X kind of deck, so obviously it would be hard to achieve, early in a game.

nsyrette

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2019, 05:20:58 pm »
Get an artifact for one or two mana casting that allows you to tap for one mana (even if it is colorless) and then add in some Cabal Strongholds. (something you could use advantageously after laying a third land into play instead of a fourth)

nsyrette

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2019, 05:22:26 pm »
I'd add an artifact with lifelink somewhere in there... (you never know)

jgil43

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2019, 06:16:54 pm »
Hey - thanks for the feedback/comments!

- Gateway is used to cycle/fix cards. Scry with map into card draw with Gateway has proved effective at turning unwanted cards into useful answers (along with Whisperer's surveil, Karn, and Treasure Cove)

- Cabal Stronghold x2 was originally in the deck... but it's mana ramp only really becomes effective when you have CB +6 lands (CB+5 = 5 mana, CB+6 = 9 mana)... and by then Map has usually produced enough treasures to cast a kicked Josu game finisher, I found that Folly's ability to bring back creatures turn 6-8 is usually much more relevant especially in a low creature count deck. I now play Josu on turn 4... dies... then bring him back with Folly when i'm going to have 10 mana to play him kicked later in the game.

- There are currently no artifacts with lifelink. I looked at Mark of The Vampire for life link... and I'm toying with the idea of going W/B and adding mortify, ixilan's binding, kaya's wrath, lyra and maybe resplendent angels...

Appreciate the thoughts - thank you :)