English-language Forums > Commander Discussion

EDH players- what's your best deck?

(1/7) > >>

WWolfe:
So which deck is your best deck? Why do you consider it your best deck? Higher than normal win %, most outside the box deck, deck that guarantees the most fun play experience?

For me it's my Sidisi, Brood Tyrant deck. It hits both the higher than normal win % and deck that guarantees the most fun play experience marks. I track my wins and losses with each deck and it wins a little over 42% of the time and does so in a number of ways (Aphetto Alchemist + Mesmeric Orb with Sidisi out, Gravecrawler + Phyrexian Altar + one of the Blood Artist effects with another zombie out, straight swarm, among a few others). I can play it 5 times in a session, likely win 2-3 of them and do so in a different way each time. Several of the people in my normal play circle enjoy playing against it to see if they can beat it.

Sliverking:
My best deck is probably by Tatyova, Benthic Druid deck.  Mana ramp, bounce spells and land searching.  Then it ends with legions of krakens, leviathans and sea creatures.  It's the first deck I really pulled out all the stops when building, and I feel the most pride in the deck. 

Soren841:
Vannifar

Morganator 2.0:
Best Deck: Captain Sisay. She is fast (consistent turn 4 win), adaptable, and requires a fair amount of skill to play. I first built her as a toolbox stax deck, but she has gradually become more of a combo deck (due to a less powerful meta). To be fair, this was a close call, as Edric, Spymaster of Trest is a powerful control deck, but has trouble with consistency.

Favorite Deck: Krenko, Mob Boss. Mono-red is a huge restriction, so I've had to come up with some creative ways of getting around those limitations. This was my first Commander deck, and I still have it to this day. I also think it's the best Krenko deck in existence, but that's just me being pretentious.

Most Fun: The Scarab God. I always need to be aware of what's in everyone's graveyard, and I've done some pretty weird plays to avoid board wipes and enchantments. The deck is also very incremental, so it works fine for more casual metas.

Hardest Build: Vaevictis Asmadi, the Dire. This was kinda my own fault, because I based the deck around Primal Surge, which means 99% of the deck was permanents. But I absolutely insisted on still using instant-speed interaction (In the form of cards like Caustic Caterpillar and Seal of Doom). Also, Vaevictis was a huge target for removal, so protecting him was hard.

I have actual stats I could show for these decks, but I don't think anyone is interested in that.

MonteTribal:
I'm not a huge EDH player, so my range is a little limited.

Momir Vig, Simic Visionary - combo deck that revolves around tapping Experiment Kraj a lot. The deck is mostly ramp spells, then tries to get Kraj out right before my turn so it can tap. It tends to just go infinite in a bunch of weird ways.

Krenko, Mob Boss - pulls this at the M13 prerelease and have been running it ever since. Wins by going wide and pinging things. Doesn't *need* Krenko but definitely helps it perform faster.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version