English-language Forums > Commander Discussion

EDH players- what's your best deck?

<< < (2/7) > >>

WWolfe:

--- Quote from: Morganator 2.0 on March 26, 2019, 04:15:53 pm ---I have actual stats I could show for these decks, but I don't think anyone is interested in that.

--- End quote ---

I wouldn't mind seeing them.

Morganator 2.0:

--- Quote from: WWolfe on March 26, 2019, 05:25:48 pm ---
--- Quote from: Morganator 2.0 on March 26, 2019, 04:15:53 pm ---I have actual stats I could show for these decks, but I don't think anyone is interested in that.

--- End quote ---

I wouldn't mind seeing them.

--- End quote ---

Someone is interested?

This makes me happy! My favorite thing about Deckstats is the stats!

Before I show it to you I need to explain expected win percentage. It is the sum of my base chance of winning for every game with that commander, and then divided by the games played by that commander. So if it's a three player game the base chance is 0.33, a four player game is 0.25, a five player game is 0.20, etc. For example, Lavinia played in a 3 player game, a 4 player game, and a five player game. (0.33+0.25+0.20)/3= 0.26 or 26%. I should also mention that some of these commanders (namely Kynaios and Tiro, Krenko, and Edric) frequently play in games of 5 to 7 players, but secret partners are involved. In some cases they won with a helping hand, but the expected win percentage was adjusted accordingly.

Now for the data! I started recording stats back in 2017, but it was only for the cEDH league at my local game store. Now that the league has gone belly-up, I'm recording all games that I play. This is the current 2019 data.

CommanderWinsLosesGames playedWin percentageExpected win percentageKynaios and Tiro of Meletis10010100%29%Edric, Spymaster of Trest61786%33%Krenko, Mob Boss53863%32%Captain Sisay651155%30%The Scarab God981753%29%Mishra, Artificer Prodigy5101533%26%Lavinia, Azorius Renegade0330%26%Overall41307158%29%
NOTES:

* All of these decks were used against decks with the same approximate power level. I never play decks like Sisay and Edric against casual decks.
* Lavinia was in a bad meta to operate. I designed her to work well against competitive combo decks, but she gets smashed by casual creature decks, so I took her apart.
* Kynaios and Tiro on the other hand, I have no idea why it's doing so good. It's a weak combo deck that wins with Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker and either Pestermite or Felidar Guardian. I think is has to do with my opponents not leaving up removal spells for when combo turn comes around. And not playing any form of stax.
* My overall win rate is double what is expected. I keep trying to figure out why this is (if stuff like where I play at, the number of players in a game, or the decks I go against is having an effect), but I've come up with nothing. I'm pretty sure it's just because I'm a good player.
* Great... I sound pretentious again.
So I guess, by looking at the data... Kynaios and Tiro is my best deck.

Firegriff:
While I haven't tracked stacks on them, my most fun deck is:
https://deckstats.net/decks/75927/602438--edh-armed-masses/en

I have had opponents mock me the first time they play against Anafenza, then I watch in amused mirth as they get rolled under the hordes.  The deck has had a few small upgrades since I last updated the list, but in a nutshell, an army of pseudo-or-actual vigilance, every growing creatures makes me a lot harder target, especially when I can boardwipe creatures post combat at no creature loss.  I don't know why Anafenza is viewed as an ineffective general, but I become a target very quickly with her on the field.

Now as to my best deck, this one has enough of a reputation that I become a kill on sight target when they see the general.

https://deckstats.net/decks/75927/695226-edh-mental-overload-nekusar-/en

Need to put in a Grafted Exoskeleton, a few cards left to acquire for total lich evilness, but I started playing Nekusar as a general when he first came out and everyone thought he was a nice sidecard. 

A deck I am working on is led by Thraximundar, and is a deck focused on "please kill my creatures."  Just got a few cards for infinite sacrifice loop.

Soren841:
Morganator.. the problem with Kynaios is that it's not a cEDH deck and not in a cEDH meta. This plus table politics definitely skews the estimated win % and stuff in ways you can't really control or predict.. welcome to casual Magic.

HowlingLotus:
My Best & Favourite is The Locust God. I don't have the numbers offhand, but I would say it wins more often than it loses by a fair margin. This is speaking in terms of casual and no one bringing super expensive decks to the table (no one has alpha cards or power 9, etc.). I've only played my new Rakdos, the Showstopper deck once, but already had a blast. I don't think it will take overtake TLG anytime soon, but it left a fun first impression.

https://deckstats.net/decks/81091/847493-locust-god-swarm

https://deckstats.net/decks/81091/1246062-rakdos-circus-of-rng

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version