deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: EDH players- what's your best deck?  (Read 2777 times)

robort

• Patron
  • Decks
Re: EDH players- what's your best deck?
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2019, 02:35:18 pm »
Best I would have to say but it isn't fully maximized is Etali, Primal Storm

Favorite deck to run because of unpredictability of what will happen is Thantis, the Warweaver  I personally like it because it makes every game different. With this deck I do get what does that do?? Just cards that don't normally see play. Everything from War's Toll, Maddening Imp, Smoke, et-cetra. Just a bunch of jank that works well together and normally helps speed up the game. Adding more jank as I continue to constanly play. Both my playgroups actually enjoy when I do play Thantis.

My personal favorite though is Krav and Regna Life Gain and Drain. Very reliable for me anyway.

Then my favorite budget/casual because it gets bigger quick and surprises my opponents most of the time is Hallar, the Firefletcher

I don't have any big competitive decks, not that I couldn't have any. Just prefer not to.
A legend in my own mind or so what the voices keep telling me

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2019, 05:25:46 pm »
For me it's my Sidisi, Brood Tyrant deck. It hits both the higher than normal win % and deck that guarantees the most fun play experience marks. I track my wins and losses with each deck and it wins a little over 42% of the time and does so in a number of ways

Wait... you also keep track of win rates? Your turn. I showed you mine, you gotta show me yours.

Izzet808

• Decks
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2019, 12:14:16 am »
Inalla, Archmage Ritualist. One of my first EDH decks I bought and modified. It pushes ETBs by copying wizards and has a pretty good win rate. It runs Sower of Temptation, Beguiler of Wills, Master of Waves, and then copies with Minion Reflector, Flameshadow Conjuring, Panharmonicon, Naban, Dean of Iteration, and Mirror March.

Red_Wyrm

• I'm the boss of the forums.
  • Decks
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2019, 01:53:08 am »
Inalla, Archmage Ritualist. One of my first EDH decks I bought and modified. It pushes ETBs by copying wizards and has a pretty good win rate. It runs Sower of Temptation, Beguiler of Wills, Master of Waves, and then copies with Minion Reflector, Flameshadow Conjuring, Panharmonicon, Naban, Dean of Iteration, and Mirror March.

How is master of waves? I've never played Inalla, but my friend has and his devotion to blue is never to a point where the card is worth running, even if you are getting 2x your devotion to blue.
My King Baby said yes!
I thought you'd never ask
Also, I always spell your name correctly, Red_Wurm.  :)

Please, it is Red

iand099

• Decks
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2019, 06:51:36 am »
I want to say it's my Muldrotha, but I reckon win-percentage-wise it's Daretti. I'm always talking about turning one deck into my winner, but it never seems to materialize. I think I'm just misplaying.

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Banging and (spell) slanging!
  • Decks
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2019, 04:37:26 pm »
For me it's my Sidisi, Brood Tyrant deck. It hits both the higher than normal win % and deck that guarantees the most fun play experience marks. I track my wins and losses with each deck and it wins a little over 42% of the time and does so in a number of ways

Wait... you also keep track of win rates? Your turn. I showed you mine, you gotta show me yours.

My note pad for my win-losses is in my locker at the shop, I'm going this afternoon and will bring it home with me and post it.
This space for rent.

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Decks
« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2019, 02:54:51 pm »
Mine isn't going to be as nicely formatted as Morganator's, and keep in mind mine is a more casual meta, but here it is...

Sliver Overlord...…………………….11-3.....78%
Purphoros, God of the Forge.....8-3...…..72%
Skullbriar, the Walking Grave...15-6.....71%
Karador, Ghost Chieftan………….12-7.....63%
Sidisi, Brood Tyrant................27-23...54% (higher than I thought)
Edgar Markov...……………………...3-4......42%
Animar, Soul of Elements………..5-8......38%
Overall...………………………………….82-54....60%

Skullbriar is 11-0 in 1v1 but only 4-6 in multiplayer games, it just makes itself too big a target to survive taking out 3 or more opponents and usually once I take out one or more I become just have too much of a target to take out the remaining players. Sidisi has became a game of archenemy but I'm still able to take out 1 or 2 opponents before going out. The deck has never finished worse than 3rd. Karador is Shadowborn Apostles and holds its own by early explosions. Purphoros I don't play that much, I save it more for play against newer (and I don't know how else to say this) or lesser players. Sliver Overlord I only play occassionally, it's a decent deck but not one I really enjoy piloting. Animar is one of those commanders that draws hate as soon as people see him so it having the win% it does kind of surprises me. Edgar is same boat as Animar. These are the only decks I have more than 2 or 3 games with.
This space for rent.

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2019, 06:52:42 pm »
So assuming that the multiplayer games with Skullbriar are 4-player games, your expected win percentage with Skullbriar is 38%. It seems like you're in the same spot as me; an abnormally high win percentage. Looking at the deck I can see why it's so powerful in 1vs1.

What I'm more curious about is Purphoros. If this is the deck for new players, why is it so high? Do you think is has something to do with people not interacting with the deck, or is it something else?

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Decks
« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2019, 07:39:50 pm »
They just don't interact with the deck enough. The deck isn't even meant to be that good. It was a budget challenge deck that I upgraded some afterwards and have kept solely for the purpose of playing against newer players. Almost every time it wins I just shake my head and wonder why.
This space for rent.

Cabinade

• Decks
« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2019, 11:25:16 pm »

I'm still looking to upgrade (Within a very small budget) however this is by far my favorite deck.

1 Atraxa, Praetors' Voice
1 Ajani Steadfast
1 Arcane Sanctum
1 Arena Rector
1 As Foretold
1 Assassin's Trophy
1 Astral Cornucopia
1 Birds of Paradise
1 Bloodstained Mire
1 Bountiful Promenade
1 Brainstorm
1 Breeding Pool
1 Chromatic Lantern
1 Command Tower
1 Commander's Sphere
1 Commit // Memory
1 Counterspell
1 Crystalline Crawler
1 Cyclonic Rift
1 Darksteel Ingot
1 Deepglow Skate
1 Demonic Tutor
1 Diabolic Intent
1 Dimir Signet
1 Doubling Season
1 Dovin Baan
1 Dreadship Reef
1 Drowned Catacomb
1 Elspeth, Sun's Champion
1 Eternal Witness
1 Exotic Orchard
1 Flooded Strand
2 Forest
1 Fortified Village
1 Glacial Fortress
1 Godless Shrine
1 Golgari Signet
1 Grasslands
1 Hallowed Fountain
1 Innocent Blood
1 Island
1 Isolated Chapel
1 Jace, Cunning Castaway
1 Jace, Unraveler of Secrets
1 Kiora, the Crashing Wave
1 Leyline of Anticipation
1 Mastermind's Acquisition
1 Merciless Eviction
1 Mirari's Wake
1 Mortify
1 Murmuring Bosk
1 Mystical Tutor
1 Narset Transcendent
1 Nissa, Vital Force
1 Oath of Ajani
1 Oath of Gideon
1 Oath of Jace
1 Oath of Nissa
1 Oath of Teferi
1 Ob Nixilis Reignited
1 Opulent Palace
1 Orzhov Signet
1 Overgrown Tomb
1 Pir, Imaginative Rascal
2 Plains
1 Polluted Delta
1 Putrefy
1 Rhystic Study
1 Saltcrusted Steppe
1 Sandsteppe Citadel
1 Search for Azcanta
1 Seaside Citadel
1 Seedborn Muse
1 Sensei's Divining Top
1 Shalai, Voice of Plenty
1 Simic Signet
1 Sinister Sabotage
1 Smothering Tithe
1 Sol Ring
1 Solemn Simulacrum
1 Sorin, Solemn Visitor
1 Sungrass Prairie
1 Swamp
1 Swords to Plowshares
1 Tamiyo, Field Researcher
1 Tamiyo, the Moon Sage
1 Teferi, Hero of Dominaria
1 Teferi, Temporal Archmage
1 Temple Garden
1 Tezzeret's Gambit
1 Tezzeret, Artifice Master
1 Underground River
1 Vraska the Unseen
1 Vraska, Relic Seeker
1 Watery Grave
1 Windswept Heath
1 Woodland Cemetery
1 Yavimaya Coast

crimsonking

• Decks
« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2019, 03:01:37 pm »
My best EDH deck is probably Grenzo, Dungeon Warden:
https://deckstats.net/decks/54477/454432-grenzo-s-deck
It can win as soon as turn 3, so it's quite competitive and the idea behind it is quite original.

Shredwick

• EDH
  • Decks
« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2019, 01:52:43 pm »
My best deck was my Mishra Artifact storm deck.  Loved that deck, but then it evolved in a bit more fun to play version...

...Breya eggs/storm.  Hits similar notes but has better recursion.  It's more fun to play, and to play against.

I also favor my Ramos storm deck and my Vial Smasher/Thrasios landfall/combos

Vaevictis is pretty fun.  Brudiclad might get there once he's tuned right.

Hopefully Mistform Ultimus will be fun but probably not that good, and if I ever build Hazezon...
A single victory is all I need.

Loggiu

• Decks
« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2019, 12:44:11 am »
I'm trying to play Mishra but i can't finish it, i understand that if the spell is countered  mishra's ability triggers and you can put the card into play, but can the opponent attend the mishra trigger and then counter your spell????????????????????? If it's that i got only nether void!!

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
« Reply #28 on: April 26, 2019, 01:01:20 am »
Mishra isn't my best deck, but it can be a fun and challenging deck to play. While Vaevictis Asmadi, the Dire is my hardest build, Mishra, Artificer Prodigy is a close second.

So you are correct, your opponent can wait for Mishra's trigger to resolve then counter it. I've found that the best way to use Mishra is with Possibility Storm (the newest iteration of the deck is even called "Mishra-bility Storm").
« Last Edit: April 26, 2019, 01:03:26 am by Morganator 2.0 »

Loggiu

• Decks
« Reply #29 on: April 26, 2019, 01:11:05 am »
i add possibilty storm and shimmer myr and then i try to pubblish it, it's one of my best!!!