deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: WAR Spoilers  (Read 10066 times)

robort

• Patron
  • Decks
Re: WAR Spoilers
« Reply #150 on: April 16, 2019, 11:10:14 pm »
Casualties of War I think will work much better than Windgrace's Judgment not sure but however cost 1 more mana but choosing whatever targets instead of individual targets from every opponent just seems much better to me
A legend in my own mind or so what the voices keep telling me

Red_Wyrm

• I'm the boss of the forums.
  • Decks
« Reply #151 on: April 16, 2019, 11:19:51 pm »
Casualties of War I think will work much better than Windgrace's Judgment not sure but however cost 1 more mana but choosing whatever targets instead of individual targets from every opponent just seems much better to me

Hmm. I would compare it more to decimate than windgrace's judgement. I love decimate because I can destroy problematic cards on across the board, or wreck an opponent that is too far ahead, and this seems like just a more expensive decimate if there arent any walkers on the field. Perhaps once war of the spark is released we'll know for sure how many walkers there are that see legitimate play and maybe it'll be worth it. I would play decimate over casualties of war, but in specifically golgari, I do like it more than windgrace's judgement.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2019, 12:58:06 am by Red_Wyrm »
My King Baby said yes!
I thought you'd never ask
Also, I always spell your name correctly, Red_Wurm.  :)

Please, it is Red

robort

• Patron
  • Decks
« Reply #152 on: April 17, 2019, 12:05:47 am »
Wrym,

If I am reading casualties of war correctly. It says choose one or more. More says to me that it is all of them. An artifact, creature, enchantment, land and a planeswalker to destroy all for 6 mana. 5 targets for 6 mana isn't to shabby especially in my EDH meta where there is more than likely one of my opponents has those targets to destroy. LOL guess it is just my meta/playgroups I play in. They tend to look for the biggest optimizational play they can make instead of also focusing on slowing down the other opponents with multiple choice removal.

Other than that, great job Sorin with posting with the spoilers keep up the great work
A legend in my own mind or so what the voices keep telling me

Slappy T-Rex

• Decks
« Reply #153 on: April 17, 2019, 12:15:46 am »
It reminds me a lot of Decimate. It's great because you can spread the removal around and it can be pretty devastating if you decide to direct it all at one player. If you cast it early it can send someone back so far that they may never recover.

Wyrm, was that the card you meant to compare it too?
« Last Edit: April 17, 2019, 12:18:33 am by Slappy T-Rex »

Red_Wyrm

• Decks
« Reply #154 on: April 17, 2019, 12:56:00 am »
It reminds me a lot of Decimate. It's great because you can spread the removal around and it can be pretty devastating if you decide to direct it all at one player. If you cast it early it can send someone back so far that they may never recover.

Hahaha yes that is what I meant. I'll fix my post. Thanks!!
My King Baby said yes!

Please, it is Red

HowlingLotus

• Decks
« Reply #155 on: April 17, 2019, 06:46:56 am »
I wonder if Finale Of Revelation is worth making space for in The Locust God? It has an Elixir Of Immortality effect if X = 10+, but is sorcery speed. Hmm.
Mainly play Casual Multiplayer and EDH.

HowlingLotus

• Decks
« Reply #156 on: April 17, 2019, 06:48:24 am »
Finale Of Eternity was a late spoiler today it would seem.

Seems pretty good!
Mainly play Casual Multiplayer and EDH.

Red_Wyrm

• Decks
« Reply #157 on: April 17, 2019, 10:57:14 am »
I wonder if Finale Of Revelation is worth making space for in The Locust God? It has an Elixir Of Immortality effect if X = 10+, but is sorcery speed. Hmm.

That is exactly what I was thinking. I run blue sun's zenith in my The Locust God deck, and I will admit, i have never actually needed to use it. It usually get's wheeled away because I would rather wheel twice for 10+ cards for around 5-7 mana depending on the wheel effects used, and create that many insects than sink that 7 mana into blue sun's zenith for 4 cards, even at instant speed. And I honestly don't think the timetwister effect is enough to make it worth it. There are other things I would rather do with my 12 mana.

Edit: I just reread the card, and I forgot about the untap 5 lands clause if x is 10 or more. This still doesn't change my opinion about the card. I can several times of me having 12 mana, and each time I won that turn. I don't see Finale of Revelation winning me the game for 12 mana. But I mean I guess it warrants play testing, so I will definitely proxy it in for the next time I play.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2019, 11:03:44 am by Red_Wyrm »
My King Baby said yes!

Please, it is Red

Soren841

• Decks
« Reply #158 on: April 17, 2019, 12:35:10 pm »
Pt. 43
« Last Edit: April 17, 2019, 06:50:32 pm by Soren841 »
Nils is the God I worship

Judaspriester

• Decks
« Reply #159 on: April 17, 2019, 02:12:29 pm »

I think its a more expensive, but better version of decimate since you aren't forced to destroy a target of every type. So if you're the only 1 with Enchantments, you don't need to destroy 1 of them.
You say Prison Cell, I hear 'Holiday'.

Soren841

• Decks
« Reply #160 on: April 17, 2019, 04:52:52 pm »
Leaks
Nils is the God I worship

Soren841

• Decks
« Reply #161 on: April 17, 2019, 04:54:21 pm »
Sorry guys I'll have to post screenshots 1 at a time