deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: The Bolas's Citadel EDH deck challange  (Read 2204 times)

robort

• Patron
  • Decks
Re: The Bolas's Citadel EDH deck challange
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2019, 12:22:15 am »
So once I submit my deck I cannot make edits to that deck, correct?

Yes that is correct but only submitted on this thread. It is like submitting a finished product to a company. Once the company receives said product then nothing more can be done/added to said product
A legend in my own mind or so what the voices keep telling me

Soren841

• Decks
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2019, 07:37:38 pm »
https://deckstats.net/decks/86132/1251168-breya-bomberman

So the goal is to combo out with one of a few combos and win the game either with infinite mana, aetherflux reservoir, or laboratory maniac

Sensei's Divining Top + Bolas's Monument: Use Top's ability to put it on top of your library, then pay 1 life to re-cast it. This lets you draw through your entire deck so you can either stack up the life total with Aetherflux Reservoir before nuking your opponents, or find one of the other combos this deck has.

Bolas's Monument + Necropotence: Cast the top card of the library if it's something you want to play, otherwise exile it away with Necropotence (so, exile away all lands). Do this until you can get Aetherflux Reservoir (either off the top or by casting a tutor), and then rack up the life total to win the game.

Auriok Salvagers + Lion's Eye Diamond: This is the bomberman combo. Generate infinite colored mana. Cast Breya, then sacrifice her and a thopter to deal 3 damage to an opponent. Repeat until all opponents are dead.

Angel's Grace + Ad Nauseam: Cast Angel's Grace so that Ad Nauseam doesn't kill you. Then use it to draw your whole deck. There are enough fast mana cards (Mox Diamond, Mox Opal) that you should be able to just find a way to win. The go-to is Laboratory Maniac, and then using something to draw a card.
Nils is the God I worship

Firegriff

• Decks
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2019, 06:41:15 am »
https://deckstats.net/decks/75927/1257076-anafenza-rots-your-mind

Many potential combos here.

Sunstrike Legionnaire or Midnight Guard + Presence of Gond for Infinite Creatures.
Infinite sac outlets in Gravecrawler and Phyrexian Arena or Pitiless Plunderer.  Alternatively, Oathsworn Vampire, Bontu's Monument and Phyrexian Arena or Pitiless PlundererPitiless Plunderer + Phrexian Altar + Gravecrawler enable infinite mana.
Multiple ways to abuse endless creatures with sac outlets.

Anafenza the Foremost (Commander) plus Dictate of Erebos, Butcher of Malakir, Grave Pact or Martyr's Bond to make your other creatures less of a target, then allow for exiling all of opponents' defenses for an all out assault if needed (not likely).

Utilize tutors and Bolas's Citadel to run quickly through deck.

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Banging and (spell) slanging!
  • Decks
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2019, 03:30:15 pm »
Some interesting brews so far.
This space for rent.

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2019, 06:18:46 pm »
Ten days to go

Let's see your crazy brews for Bolas's Citadel.

Frankly I'm excited to see what's coming. Will I see a counterspell deck with top-deck manipulation? A token deck that sacrifices tokens for massive damage? A storm deck?

Red_Wyrm

• I'm the boss of the forums.
  • Decks
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2019, 09:01:49 pm »
Hey, just a thought, someone should post step by step instructions on how to post your deck list on the forums for those of us who are inept and, for lack of a better word, stupid. Not for me, of course. Eye r smart.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2019, 11:01:49 pm by Red_Wyrm »
My King Baby said yes!
I thought you'd never ask
Also, I always spell your name correctly, Red_Wurm.  :)

Please, it is Red

Soren841

• Decks
« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2019, 09:09:37 pm »
U literally just make a post with the link to your decklist. That's it.

Soren841

• Decks
« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2019, 10:23:00 pm »
No

Red_Wyrm

• Decks
« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2019, 11:02:27 pm »
No

I have adjusted my posts accordingly.
My King Baby said yes!

Please, it is Red

robort

• Patron
  • Decks
« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2019, 12:04:56 am »
I wrote in the beginning of this thread on how to post a deck, lol I think. But finally finished mine.

https://deckstats.net/deck-18838818-246aa4aab16ca66dccad93545f5be4e7.html

You can hit an opponent on turn 2 with the right card draw with Virtus the Veiled but that isn't are only options. Especially if Virtus the Veiled does hit an opponent. There is Archfiend of Despair that is mana costly but effective and Wound Reflection. Our personal goal is to not care much about life considering everyone can lose life even ourself. Cards such as Pox and Dire Fleet Ravager.

Now our combo takes a few pieces that include Bolas's Citadel. We first need a sac outlet such as our 2 best of Phyrexian Altar and/or Viscera Seer. Then you need a creature such as our 2 best of Gray Merchant of Asphodel and/or Kokusho, the Evening Star. Sacrificing either of those 2 and having Bolis's Citadel in play. Now To make it happen you can use Haunted Crossroads especially with Phrexian Alter making mana you can put sacrificed creature on top of the library and cast with Bolas's Citadel. So it drains your opponents life, but using Viscera Seer and you can scry your entire library playing whatever you want. You can also sac Blood Artist or Zulaport Cutthroat. Once again Viscera Seer sacrificing Eternal Witness and using Bone Harvest to place Eternal Witness on top of library to cast it with Bolas's Citadel also allows you to scry through your library. All the while returning Bone Harvest. There are other cards to allow us to put creatures back on top of our library and cast them with Bolas's Citadel.

A quick fast way to draw through our entire deck to get any pieces we need is to use Underrealm Lich with Yawgmoth's Bargain. 1 life to draw 3 cards and then using Underrealm Lich with Sylvan Library and draw 6 cards.

We have tutors to make this happen and even ways to cheat our creatures out from the graveyard. Nothing says happiness then our wonderful recursion. Things like Animate Dead, Reanimate, Dance of the Dead and a few others.

Necropotence and Scroll Rack to help us with deck manipulation and even just drawing what we need.

Then The Bond Combo just in case clause. So the Vision is not to care a bit about life but to win by taking it as much as possible.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2019, 12:08:39 am by robort »

robort

• Patron
  • Decks
« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2019, 11:58:05 pm »
6 more days left so come on guys, lets get to those brews and I am not talking about beer :P

robort

• Patron
  • Decks
« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2019, 12:20:23 am »
Hey, just a thought, someone should post step by step instructions on how to post your deck list on the forums for those of us who are inept and, for lack of a better word, stupid. Not for me, of course. Eye r smart.

Snippet from a previous post of mine "if I remember correctly you go to your deck, click share/export, find link to this deck, hit copy and then paste it here" as here in this thread.

But to simplify. Click on the deck you were working on and find the tab that shows share/export. It will be right next to the tab that shows EDH suggestions. Click on that tab and open it up and then you will see down near the bottom that shows "link to this deck". Click on either one of those links which when I click on mine the link turns blue. Put the arrow onto the blue and right click on it and then select copy. Come to this thread and place arrow onto here and right click again. Hit paste and your deck is now fully copied onto this thread.

A few more days to go so again lets get into brewing and become the show me state of Missouri :) I can't wait to see more creativity with the Citadel

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2019, 10:49:37 pm »
Oh would you look at that...

Three days left

If you haven't submitted a decklist and would like to get in on it, now would be the ideal time.

robort

• Patron
  • Decks
« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2019, 07:46:13 pm »
1 day, 6 hours, 14 minutes and 5 seconds left!!

Red_Wyrm

• Decks
« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2019, 07:47:29 pm »
https://deckstats.net/decks/69736/1252914-bolas-s-citadel-competiton-dec/en

Okay so apparantly combos are very prevalent but that isnt really what I wanted to do. The idea was to win through small advantages and slow pinging. That whole place a frog in boiling water vs putting him in cool water and bringing it to a boil. I wanted to get Teysa Karlov out and then just get as many creature death triggers as possible. Then a lot of those cards give me life albeit 1, or 2 with Teysa, but it is supposed to help support the paying life idea about Bolas's Citadel. There is demonic tutor and enlightened tutor to help fetch the citadel so you can with with it.
My King Baby said yes!

Please, it is Red