deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [EDH / Commander] Athreos Aristocrats  (Read 803 times)

SirHerpaderp

Re: [EDH / Commander] Athreos Aristocrats
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2019, 04:37:44 pm »
Thanks man, I'm really excited to play it.

One thing I'm a little unsure of is what I'd prefer my opponents to do with the Athreos triggers. Do I want them to feel like they need to take the three or do I want them to give me the creature back.

In your experience, what do you find people tend to do? Are they usually more willing to pay the life or more willing to let you have the creatures back? (Obviously this will depend on the creature in question, I mean just from a general stand point).

I know in my play group I have one person who doesn't really buy in to the whole "life is a resource" thing, so I can probably reliably target him for things I want back, but where I'm a little undecided is what to dedicate that last 10% of the deck too once I've sorted out all the ramp and card draw and what not.

Currently I'm torn between a reanimation package so that I can always get things back regardless of their choices, or a drain and gain package, partly to keep their life totals low enough that the decision becomes more pressured and partly because it gives me more resource for things like Bolas's Citadel and Greed. It's difficult to know which is going to be the better option without knowing which way the triggers will tend to go.

Like I say, I only ordered it yesterday so haven't had chance to play test it, so some feedback based on your own experiences would be massively appreciated.

Thanks again. Great deck!

I still have to pratice a lot with this deck but I do think from the opponents point of view its a must to pay the life and let the Creatures go to the bin. It takes some effort to get them back this way and you usually can spare 3 life. If you manage to get your gas up with some good draws, it's fine to bin them tho since I got some ways of bringing them back and sometime the chosen opponent (which should in most cases always be the same) will get to a point where he can no longer afford to bin them. That said, most of the time I'm fine with both :D

I was thinking about using Debt to the Deathless and comparable Drainspells too, but i havent found enpough room for it. One could probably substitute the token generators with more value etbs to force them even harder to pay the life. With 4 Aristocrats and Gray Merchant of Asphodel in the deck you usually manage to deploy a decent sustain in terms of life.

CleanBelwas

• Decks
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2019, 04:51:38 pm »
Thanks man, that's really helpful feedback.

Just can't wait to get playing with it now. I do love me some Aristocrat strats.

SirHerpaderp

« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2019, 04:56:21 pm »
Thanks man, that's really helpful feedback.

Just can't wait to get playing with it now. I do love me some Aristocrat strats.

Keep me updated on how it works out! :)

SirHerpaderp

« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2019, 03:24:06 pm »

Revision 28

Added/removed cards:
+1 Castle Ardenvale
+1 Syr Konrad, the Grim

Changed amounts:
-1 (Main) +1 (SB) Falkenrath Noble
-1 Plains