deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Alesha - Comments  (Read 146 times)

Comment Bot

Alesha - Comments
« on: April 08, 2019, 10:22:03 pm »
Alesha

This topic has been created automatically to discuss this deck.
Dieses Thema wurde automatisch erstellt, um dieses Deck zu diskutieren.

Nalyr217

• Decks
Re: Alesha - Comments
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2019, 10:22:03 pm »
I love playing this commander and I do have a few suggestions.

Cut the Citywide Bust. If you have creatures that you want to use with a higher health (ex. Pontiff of Blight) you would rather keep them on the board.
Cut the Ankle Shanker. Unfortunately, attack triggers do not trigger from Alesha's reanimation, as they were not officially declared as an attacker.
Cut the Wear/ Tear. As nice as the cheap removal is, you already have a lot more removal that is a lot more flexible and also at instant speed.
Cut the Crackling Doom. If you have been able to play this and it works out well then keep it, but I never found an occasion where it actually mattered at all.

Add Smothering Tithe. As you may notice, your only mana ramp is limited to rocks, which could be problematic.
Add Crypt Incursion. This card is great against other reanimator decks and gives you a lot of life, which can also save you in a clutch moment.
Add Fulminator Mage. Bit of a more expensive card, but follows the same type of play as Avalanche Riders and can be pretty annoying for your opponents.
Add Austere Command. It is a more consistent board wipe for your deck and allows you to keep your creatures with a larger toughness.

DaBaller

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2019, 10:52:21 pm »
Hey thanks for the suggestions! I was looking for some new type of deck to play, since most of my decks are very control heavy. That had probably some influence in the deckbuilding. Crackling Doom works out great in my playgroup most of the time, so I think I Will keep it. Kinda forgot about the attack triggers not happening, thanks for noticing! You really made my dat with these suggestions, didn't think anybody would come and comment on my random edh deck. Thanks for being awesome!

Judaspriester

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2019, 02:41:21 pm »
Hmm.. in order to speed up the deck, cut Bloodfell Caves, Scoured Barrens, Wind-Scarred Crag, Terramorphic Expanse and the 3 Scry lands. At least for me their effect isn't significant enough to justify that the lands enter tapped. Exotic Orchard could be an interesting option for color fixing.
Temple of the False God is, at least for me a noob trap. It looks very nice, but even on curve its a dead land drop until turn 5. if you miss a land drop it will hurt you even more.

Then i would go down to 36 Lands in total and add Fellwar Stone and Darksteel ingot to compensate.  Knight of the White Orchid could also be very interesting to make sure you don't fall behind with your lands.

Since your commander allows you to get your creatures back, what about Diabolic Intent? Its afordable, and the additional cost shouldn't hurt you that much.
You say Prison Cell, I hear 'Holiday'.

DaBaller

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2019, 12:33:01 am »
@JudasPriester In my playgroup these lands are fairly accepted as decent double lands. I agree that we can go back to 36 lands and put in the mana rocks. I feel like the scry lands are still usefull anyhow. If I would cut them, except for exotic orchard, which lands should I look at to replace them? Something like Mana confluence, City of Brass, Ancient Ziggurat?