deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Thousand year storm ?  (Read 1252 times)

Caveman Clay

• Patron
  • Decks
Thousand year storm ?
« on: April 14, 2019, 02:34:41 am »
https://cards.deckstats.net/magiccard.php?utf8=1&lng=en&card=Thousand-Year%20Storm

lets assume  I'm cast 3 spells already this turn.

How does this card work with 
                https://cards.deckstats.net/magiccard.php?utf8=1&lng=en&card=Pull%20from%20the%20Deep (do i get 4 copies) returning 4 instants and 4 sorcery's.
                https://cards.deckstats.net/magiccard.php?utf8=1&lng=en&card=Tezzeret%27s%20Gambit (5 copies) 10 cards and proliferate 5 times
                https://cards.deckstats.net/magiccard.php?utf8=1&lng=en&card=Mystic%20Retrieval (6 copies) (do i get 6 copies) returning 6 instants or 6 sorcery's cards.
Est. MTG player 2018.
Goblins collecting 505

zacem

• Decks
Re: Thousand year storm ?
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2019, 03:53:04 am »
Although I am far from an expert, from what I can tell, you do not get that many copies. Since the card says, "copy for each other" it seems to be saying you will always have one less copy than the number of the spell you are casting now. Meaning you don't get a copy of the first spell you cast each turn, but you get 1 copy on the second and 2 on the third, etc. That is my understanding.

Caveman Clay

• Patron
  • Decks
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2019, 04:28:38 am »
I think you are correct as I look more into it.
but still looking at question.  does it work. - 1 copy.

Pull from the Deep (do i get 3 copies) returning 3 instants and 3 sorcery's to my hand?
                Tezzeret's Gambit (5 copies) 8 cards and proliferate 4 times?
                Mystic Retrieval (6 copies) (do i get 5 copies) returning 5 instants or 5 sorcery's cards to my hand?
Est. MTG player 2018.
Goblins collecting 505

HowlingLotus

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2019, 04:40:54 am »
I think you are correct as I look more into it.
but still looking at question.  does it work. - 1 copy.

Pull from the Deep (do i get 3 copies) returning 3 instants and 3 sorcery's to my hand?
                Tezzeret's Gambit (5 copies) 8 cards and proliferate 4 times?
                Mystic Retrieval (6 copies) (do i get 5 copies) returning 5 instants or 5 sorcery's cards to my hand?

Because you listed sorceries it's a bit easier to follow.

If you have already cast 3 spells, then Pull From The Deep will be cast and you get 3 copies of it. [4th spell cast, but only 3 copies]
Then if you cast Tezzeret's Gambit next, you would cast it and get 4 copies of it. [5th spell cast, but only 4 copies]
Then if you cast Mystic Retrieval last, you would cast it and get 5 copies of it. [6th spell cast, but only 5 copies]

zacem explained it pretty well. You always copy your spells at a minus one ratio to total instant and sorcery spells you have cast.
Mainly play Casual Multiplayer and EDH.

Soren841

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2019, 04:41:29 am »
If you've cast 3 spells before Pull then you will have 3 copies plus the original.
Nils is the God I worship

Caveman Clay

• Patron
  • Decks
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2019, 12:52:42 pm »
Thanks for the info.  :) 

There is one more question and maybe then I'll have a good handle on Storm.  If I'm on my 4th spell  this turn and cast a card like Disallow in theory I would get 3 copies after the first one. Question is?  Do lose use of the other copies or do they stay until my end of turn.
Est. MTG player 2018.
Goblins collecting 505

Red_Wyrm

• I'm the boss of the forums.
  • Decks
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2019, 01:12:09 pm »
Thanks for the info.  :) 

There is one more question and maybe then I'll have a good handle on Storm.  If I'm on my 4th spell  this turn and cast a card like Disallow in theory I would get 3 copies after the first one. Question is?  Do lose use of the other copies or do they stay until my end of turn.

You have to use them then and there, so basically your opponent would need to counter each copy of disallow if they wanted to do a counterwar, otherwise whatever spell you counter is for sure being countered.
My King Baby said yes!
I thought you'd never ask
Also, I always spell your name correctly, Red_Wurm.  :)

Please, it is Red

Caveman Clay

• Patron
  • Decks
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2019, 01:14:53 pm »
Thank you  :)
Est. MTG player 2018.
Goblins collecting 505