deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Oathbreaker Format  (Read 2544 times)

Red_Wyrm

• I'm the boss of the forums.
  • Decks
Re: Oathbreaker Format
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2019, 10:35:30 am »
Lol thanks for trying but I'll pass :) oathbreaker is a way better solution to me than that.

What? You dont have $1,000 to drop on a cEDH deck?

If I make an oath breaker deck, I absolutely have to choose Nicol Bolas, Plansewalker and Cruel Ultimatum. Maybe after war of the spark I could do Nicol Bolas, Dragon-God and one of the finales. I dont think it mentioned it anywhere in the rules, but from my understanding the signature spell has to be in the color identity of the commander? It doesnt have to Match the identity completely? I can have a blue spell as my signature spell in a 2 color deck?
My King Baby said yes!
I thought you'd never ask
Also, I always spell your name correctly, Red_Wurm.  :)

Please, it is Red

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Banging and (spell) slanging!
  • Decks
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2019, 05:05:26 pm »
Lol thanks for trying but I'll pass :) oathbreaker is a way better solution to me than that.

More like $4000 minimum.

I have a few decks that are in the $1000 range that aren't cEDH.
This space for rent.

Soren841

• Decks
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2019, 05:29:04 pm »
Proxies my guys
Nils is the God I worship

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2019, 07:28:15 pm »
There is a thread that handles frequently asked questions about cEDH.

https://deckstats.net/forum/index.php/topic,41224.0.html

I will tell you this now; decks do not cost $4000 (maybe if you choose to foil them out).

Now back to Oathbreaker.

I dont think it mentioned it anywhere in the rules, but from my understanding the signature spell has to be in the color identity of the commander? It doesnt have to Match the identity completely? I can have a blue spell as my signature spell in a 2 color deck?

That is correct. The signature spell must be within the color identity of your Oathbreaker, but not exact.

Red_Wyrm

• I'm the boss of the forums.
  • Decks
« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2019, 05:30:38 am »

More like $4000 minimum.

I have a few decks that are in the $1000 range that aren't cEDH.

😑

And my father disapproves of me spending $100 on a deck. Good thing it's my money old man!!!

My King Baby said yes!
I thought you'd never ask
Also, I always spell your name correctly, Red_Wurm.  :)

Please, it is Red

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Decks
« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2019, 03:22:40 pm »
I will tell you this now; decks do not cost $4000 (maybe if you choose to foil them out).

I've seen Food Chain Tazri decks in the $4-5K range. Chain Veil Teferi in the $4000-4500 range. Zur Doomsday right under $4000. Thrasios/Vial Smasher around $3800. Maybe the decks you see are cheaper, but these are among the most popular ones in my LGS. Granted, my LGS is full of old-heads that have been playing forever and have multiple copies of ABU duals and can put a copy of each in all of their decks.
This space for rent.

robort

• Patron
  • Decks
« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2019, 03:26:07 pm »
Proxies are allowed in all my playgroups but only if you own the card itself. I personally won't proxy because it just doesn't have the real feel deal. I would hate to look at a card and think "you are fake piece of cardboard". Nothing feels better then having the real card in my hand.
A legend in my own mind or so what the voices keep telling me

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Decks
« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2019, 03:37:52 pm »
Proxies are allowed in all my playgroups but only if you own the card itself. I personally won't proxy because it just doesn't have the real feel deal. I would hate to look at a card and think "you are fake piece of cardboard". Nothing feels better then having the real card in my hand.

Now I will say I use proxies in my decks for any card over $100. I'm just not taking a chance on them being stolen or bent or whatever. My Sidisi deck is over $2700 due to 3 ABU duals and Gaea's Cradle but those are proxies. I have copies of all the cards I use proxies of however. I use to not like proxies...until the value of the ABU duals & Cradle spiked so much.
This space for rent.

Soren841

• Decks
« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2019, 04:32:47 pm »
It all depends on the deck  :P Yidris is ~$7.4k without foils.
Nils is the God I worship

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2019, 12:31:47 pm »
So I did some brainstorming with some friends, and there are some weird synergies you can do with the signature spells and Planeswalkers.

Narset, Parter of Veils + Windfall= you have a hand, no one else does.

Teferi, Temporal Archmage + Fabricate= search for The Chain Veil and win with that combo.

Tezzeret the Seeker + Merchant Scroll= use merchant scroll to search for Dramatic Reversal, and then Tezzeret gets Isochron Scepter.

Liliana, Death's Majesty + Buried Alive= Put Necrotic Ooze, Triskelion, and Phyrexian Delver in grave. Liliana reanimates Necrotic Ooze and you can win with that combo.

Freyalise, Llanowar's Fury + Triumph of the Hordes= Play an elfball strategy with the win condition right there at your side.

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Decks
« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2019, 02:51:37 pm »
Tezzeret the Seeker + Mystical Tutor= Search for Isochron Scepter with Tezzeret, Mystical Tutor on the Scepter. Search for Beacon of Tomorrows...
This space for rent.

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2019, 05:43:40 pm »
Tezzeret the Seeker + Mystical Tutor= Search for Isochron Scepter with Tezzeret, Mystical Tutor on the Scepter. Search for Beacon of Tomorrows...

Unfortunately I don't think that works. The Signature Spell always returns to the Command Zone, and Isochron Scepter requires you to exile a card from your hand.

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Decks
« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2019, 08:42:00 pm »
Wasn't referring to it with the signature spell. Just saying in general.
This space for rent.

ORCH1D

• Decks
« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2019, 09:32:49 pm »
The format seems somewhat interesting. If I had any relevant cards I'd probably give it a go but I don't have much money or time for it at the moment. Though, if I could, I'd probably put a Ral, Storm Conduit and Expansion//Explosion deck together because that sounds broken.

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2019, 09:37:36 pm »
Oh shoot. Forgot one of the combos we came up with.

Ral, Storm Conduit with Fork.