deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Oathbreaker Format  (Read 2546 times)

Red_Wyrm

• I'm the boss of the forums.
  • Decks
Re: Oathbreaker Format
« Reply #30 on: April 24, 2019, 06:18:52 am »
Oh shoot. Forgot one of the combos we came up with.

Ral, Storm Conduit with Fork.

Because who needs a signature spell when you can copy your opponent's?
My King Baby said yes!
I thought you'd never ask
Also, I always spell your name correctly, Red_Wurm.  :)

Please, it is Red

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Banging and (spell) slanging!
  • Decks
« Reply #31 on: April 26, 2019, 03:09:25 pm »
I guess I'm going to end up trying this format as it seems to be catching fire at my LGS. Any suggestions for a PW & signature spell?
This space for rent.

LordDarkura

• Decks
« Reply #32 on: April 26, 2019, 04:02:36 pm »
I actually met the people who made the format (Weirdcards) at an event in Minneapolis. It was pretty fun!
I hope it takes off, because I often don't have time to play a whole commander game, but Oathbreaker is a good bit faster.

Soren841

• Decks
« Reply #33 on: April 26, 2019, 05:24:01 pm »
People keep saying they like it cuz it's faster but literally cEDH tho 🤧🤧🤧
Nils is the God I worship

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
« Reply #34 on: April 26, 2019, 06:23:13 pm »
I play competitive commander, and even I'm making a deck for Oathbreaker. My playgroup is entirely made up of commander players, and we see this as a nice variant (I don't care what the creators of Oathbreaker say, this is totally a commander variant).

I've already given some suggestions for some deck ideas. But if you need more...

Xenagos, the Reveler + Triumph of the Hordes: expect this to be similar to Grand Warlord Radha.

Tamiyo, Field Researcher + Enlightened Tutor: Think Derevi Stax, but where you can search up any stax piece.

Liliana, Untouched by Death + Zombie Apocalypse: I know you like zombie tribal WWolfe, so this one should appeal to you the most.

Chandra, Torch of Defiance + Fiery Confluence: The best thing I can think of if you're trying to do a mono-red burn deck.

Garruk, Apex Predator + Assassin's Trophy: Kill all other Planeswalkers.

Will Kenrith + Rowan Kenrith + Grapeshot: It's a storm deck. That is all.

robort

• Patron
  • Decks
« Reply #35 on: April 26, 2019, 11:19:25 pm »
I agree with Sorin with yes cedh is really fast but even at my playgroups there is hardly any game that goes on for an hour. But think about this though? People say they want something faster. Ok I will give them they want faster but odd for people who want something faster that we have formats with a time limit that goes to 50 minutes max per match. How much faster you want? 2 minute games? 3 minute games? 5 minutes games? 10 minutes tops? Which I also think it is odd you want faster but don't want mana rocks go figure.

My thing though with oathbreaker is this. When certain cards get broken and/or commanders/oathbreakers. How big is the ban list going to become? So far the list is pretty long and how much more longer it honestly and really it is going to become.

Don't also forget tiny leaders got busted and broken because of speed, speed, speed.
A legend in my own mind or so what the voices keep telling me

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
« Reply #36 on: April 27, 2019, 12:01:49 am »
Tiny leaders was 1 vs 1. Oathbreaker is multiplayer. While games will go faster, I don't think it will be by that much. I doubt burn will be viable (60 damage is difficult to pull off) but aggro and Boros decks stand a better chance now.

I'm optimistic, but this craze probably will die down in a month or so.