deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [LEGACY] Timmy- Deck Review Request  (Read 407 times)

Skellex

• MTG Player since '94
  • Decks
[LEGACY] Timmy- Deck Review Request
« on: April 21, 2019, 12:49:45 am »
New to the forums, long time player. Am looking for any suggestions on how to make my deck better, I have uploaded it to my collection/decks.

https://deckstats.net/decks/130585/1269601-timmy

Feedback and insight much appreciated!
Skellex
"I did it for the Mana"

XwhodisX

• Decks
Re: [LEGACY] Timmy- Deck Review Request
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2019, 01:46:46 am »
this deck is a bit slow

Skellex

• MTG Player since '94
  • Decks
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2019, 02:04:34 am »
this deck is a bit slow

Interesting, what do you base this observation on? How can I make it better?
It generally wins between turn 6 and 8.
25 of the cards are 2 drop or less, with an additional 13 cards being 3 drop, and only 6 in the deck being more than 3.
generally speaking this is how a match would look/ has looked/ does look:
turn 1: Telepathy
Turn 2: Fog bank
Turn 3: any Tap for damage creature
Turn 4: charisma attached to the turn 3 creature and then tap to take that creature and swing at the opponent with their own creature
Turn 5: confiscate another permanent of choice plus rinse and repeat turn 4, now swinging with 3 of their creatures or 2 while controlling an enchant or artifact of theirs. after that it gets silly with fog banks soaking up all the combat damage if they swing, and enough counters and snaps to protect your valued cards.
Interested to know what reccomendations you might have or in what way you see this as slow? Thank you for the feedback!
Skellex
"I did it for the Mana"

DanyTheWarrior

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2019, 02:45:20 pm »
I think you are not taking any advantage of Verity Circle in your deck right?

Also, legacy is a very powerful, very fast format where the most degenerate decks can win in turn 0, I think you need some sort of safe valve for that. Force of Will is the 'nope' card for excellence but, if budget is a concern, Daze can do the trick sometimes.

crimsonking

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2019, 08:45:06 pm »
In order for this deck to be competitive, you should go down to 60 cards.
Also, there are too many one-ofs. You should try to have as much as possible four-ofs to increase redundancy.
I see many cards from the High Tide archetype, so I suggest to add more copies of High Tide and Turnabout.
Also, some cards fit into a Scepter toolbox, so including Isochron Scepter could be another option.
I don't see well all those Control Magic effects.
In Legacy, creatures tend to cost 1-2 mana, a 3-mana creature could be considered to have already a high mana cost. So you're not going to get that much of a reward from stealing them for 4 mana or more.