deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Just want an opinion.... (EDH/Commmander - Mardu - Hold My Beer....Shut up and)  (Read 675 times)

Judaspriester

• Decks
Hey,

first of all, better clean up your landbase. I've got a basic rule here: If it enters tapped, don't add it unless it got a significant effect. Better add some more basics then.

If you're afraid of colorfixing, Fellwar Stone and Exotic Orchard do a very great job on a low budget. If you want to invest a little more, Path of Ancestry could be an option. In stead of Evolving Wilds you could also use Ash Barrens, since it's a little more flexible.
You say Prison Cell, I hear 'Holiday'.

Jesterskull

• Decks

Judaspriester

• Decks
Hey,

there are some more lands to clean up: Scoured Barrens and Kabira Crossroads.

Besides that I would call Nomad Outpost, Temple of Malice, Temple of Silence and Temple of Triumph at least questionable. For me they are usually not worth delaying my deck by 1 turn, but if you think otherwise, its fine.

Jesterskull

• Decks
Yeah.... I actually like to scry and lifegain lands in this deck..... helps me plan for riskier plays.

And High Risk = High Reward.

(Wouldn't be Mardu otherwise.)

Judaspriester

• Decks
Mhh.. I don't think that 1 life or scry 1 really matters for risky plays. Besides that, this sounds a little different to your description as fun deck.

If you really want to play serious, what about some tutors then? Diabolic Tutor, Diabolic Intent and Enlightened Tutor would be a good start. Then, Phyrexian Arena would be great of more card draw.

If you need some space, first cut Divine Visitation, since you have only 4 cards that provide you a repeatable token gain.

Blade of Selves, Banshee of the Dread Choir, Herald of the Host and Warchief Giant could do a great job for card draw with Tymna.

Btw, if you talk about risk and reward: only the last lifepoint counts, everything above it is a usable ressource ;)
« Last Edit: April 23, 2019, 04:22:54 pm by Judaspriester »

Jesterskull

• Decks
12 token producers....... You miscounted a few.

(I think I am good.)

(Likely not seeing all the combos here.)
« Last Edit: April 23, 2019, 05:21:00 pm by Jesterskull »

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
Time for me to get involved. Hold my beer.

Lands that enter tapped slow your deck down immensely, and because you're playing a Mardu aggro strategy, the last thing you want is to be slowed down (I'm pretty sure that going fast was the whole gimmick behind the Mardu clan).

If we're talking high-risk, high-reward, the lands you're currently using are not that. It's more like high-risk, low-reward. Hall of the Bandit Lord, is high-risk, high-reward. Gamble is high-risk, high-reward. Necropotence is high-risk, high-reward. Kabira Crossroads is not.

But that's enough of that. I want to really help flesh out this deck. What direction do you want to take this deck? Are you trying to make it pure-combat damage, combo-centric, or something in-between? Have you tested this deck out? And if so, how did the games go? What parts did it excel at, and where did it struggle?

Also... I'm not seeing all the combos here either. What are they?

Jesterskull

• Decks
....Just to point out..... My Deck was the Commander Deck of the day at Edhrec

https://edhrec.com/deckpreview/df8f2e5f05a5b1d09bd06929be48624f

(though it's not the recently updated version with Added/removed cards:
-1 Evolving Wilds
-1 Grand Coliseum
-1 Terramorphic Expanse
+1 Ash Barrens
+1 Exotic Orchard
+1 Path of Ancestry

but whatever...  Calling that a win.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2019, 06:15:20 am by Jesterskull »

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Banging and (spell) slanging!
  • Decks
You link is broken. Leads to a 404 page not found error message.

Never realized EDHrec did a Commander deck of the day, knew they did a commander of the day that's not based on any particular deck but never a deck of the day and I go there pretty much every day.
This space for rent.

Jesterskull

• Decks
I meant commander of the day.... and look, the other one got it today... awesome......

(As for the link... well I don't know why it doesn't work.... your gonna have to go to it manually (it's the latest one.)

Jesterskull

• Decks
Oh.. nevermind.. looks like they updated it... even more awesome

https://edhrec.com/deckpreview/442346b4696dcada07638e7970028709 (edit: hopefully this will be updated again with v3)

(please note, that the deck was made as it was for a four person game, and was intended to work as it does. (I chose the cards I did to also not to be the biggest threat at a table.... but could instantly could be and to deal with threats that are.)

(Note the low salt score.)

But the deck is also made for fun (also to be some similar in a way to my other deck which isn't commander.)
« Last Edit: May 03, 2019, 06:18:21 am by Jesterskull »

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Banging and (spell) slanging!
  • Decks
Not being the biggest threat at the table is a good idea. Don't want to get targeted before you have a chance to win.
This space for rent.

Jesterskull

• Decks
Updated to fit the theme I was going for more, got rid of some cards, that were clashing too much against the theme of the deck. The deck should be more functional to it's goals now.

Revision 3

Added/removed cards:
-1 Captive Audience
-1 Karmic Justice
-1 Terminate
+1 Dawn of Hope
+1 Etali, Primal Storm
+1 King Macar, the Gold-Cursed

Jesterskull

• Decks
https://edhrec.com/deckpreview/442346b4696dcada07638e7970028709

Got this updated..... cause I am awesome. (nevermind.... I though this was updated.... guess I am terrible.)