deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Yidris EDH NEED SUGGESTIONS - Comments  (Read 521 times)

Comment Bot

Yidris EDH NEED SUGGESTIONS - Comments
« on: April 25, 2019, 01:36:04 am »
Yidris EDH NEED SUGGESTIONS

This topic has been created automatically to discuss this deck.
Dieses Thema wurde automatisch erstellt, um dieses Deck zu diskutieren.

iamfat322

• Decks
Re: Yidris EDH NEED SUGGESTIONS - Comments
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2019, 01:36:04 am »
Need suggestions for this thanks :)

Sliverking

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2019, 02:20:04 am »
Recently I built a Yidris deck.  My deck was based around Eldrazi, since there's only 1 white Eldrazi card. 

One thing I always ask is what is the theme of my deck?  It looks like you are going for a graveyard deck, with cards like Vigor and Lazav, so I would advise looking for surveil cards.  That way you can put cards into the graveyard quickly.   

I would recommend taking out the Llanowar Elf, despite how good the mana is, it's not something you'll want to pull late game.    Perhaps add in more removal, such as Naturalize or counterspells.  Maybe some bounce spells like Capsize or Boomerang that would allow you remove threats your opponent puts down. 

As for lands, I might recommend swapping out some of the ETB tapped lands and go to basic lands.  Then throw in a Sword of the Animist  so you can get a land just for attacking. 

Aetherflux Reservoir is a great card, but I don't see much life-gaining in your deck.

Also, I love Double strike, but I think that would go better in a Saskia deck where you deal damage to many opponents. 

Hope this helps.  :D
Plays 4 player EDH games against himself.

iamfat322

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2019, 02:37:35 am »
Thank you for the suggestions!
I agree that I should run more removal and bounce spells to be more interactive but I don't understand your point with the graveyard strategy. My only graveyard interaction is my couple delve cards along with of course the Lazav you mentioned but Vigor specifically stay out of the graveyard. I mainly put in the Lazav as a sort of toolbox card for a late-game strategy where I turn him into an Arixmethes out of nowhere or something along those lines. Rather than surveil cards I run a couple of wheel cards such as Magus of the Wheel and Windfall.
I do really appreciate your suggestion for Sword of the Animist as well but once again I don't understand why Aetherflux Reservoir is good to take out. Drawing it in the early parts of the game allow me to take damage from some threats while I develop my board plus I gain life off of Yidris's many cascades. It also works as a great finisher and it acts as a big threat while it's on the board. While life gain isn't my main strategy I find it very important.

Sliverking

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2019, 03:07:17 am »
Sorry about that, I was getting Vigor mixed up with Genesis from Judgement (lets you get cards back). 

I didn't think about the cascade life gain combo.  If you can get any kind of tutor that allows you to search for an artifact it would be great to add that in so you can get the Aetherflux out quickly. 
Plays 4 player EDH games against himself.

Judaspriester

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2019, 10:26:56 am »
First of all, cut all bad tap lands like Thornwood Falls. they slow you down alot. Better risk some trouble mana fixing some times. If you need more color fixing, Fellwar Stone does a very great job. Incubation Druid could be another interesting idea.

with your amount of artifacts, some tutors for them like Fabricate could come handy.

Im not sure Phage the Untouchable is a good idea. Unless I've missed something it will make you loose the game if you cast it with cascade, since you cast it from your library in stead of your hand.

If you want some more removal (this depends alot on your playgroup) here are some suggestions I usually use:
Curtains' Call
Nature's Claim
Imprisoned in the Moon (for some decks worse than removal if used on your opponents commander)
Hull Breach
Vandalblast
Terminate
Krosan Grip (nice combo stopper)

Then, what about Fervor or Mass Hysteria as haste enabler?

about Diminishing Returns, why do you want to use it? If you want to get your graveyard back, there are better options like Elixir of Immortality. If you want to target the whole table, what about  Time Reversal then? you can only use it once, but you don't need to exile 10 cards.

Some stuff to make your commander unblockable like Whispersilk Cloak could come handy to make sure you'll be able to cascade.

/edit: as Moganator already pointed out, I was somehow mistaking the colors while thinking about removal. I've cleaned up the list. -.-
« Last Edit: April 25, 2019, 01:48:50 pm by Judaspriester »
You say Prison Cell, I hear 'Holiday'.

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2019, 01:09:57 pm »
That's a lot of white cards for a deck without white.

You might actually have too many ramp cards (and some that aren't that good). I would take out Dimir Keyrune, Wood Elves, Sword of the Animist, and Darksteel Ingot.

For card draw, mass draw tends to be best. Wheel of Fate and Winds of Change are good additions.

iamfat322

• Decks
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2019, 09:36:16 am »
Thank you Morganator and Judaspreiester for the suggestions! I will be taking out the cards Morganator said and will do some switching around of the lands. I've never seen Time reversal before that's quite nice. I am trying to keep the deck relatively cheep so I will not be running the Wheel of Fate or Winds of Change.

iamfat322

• Decks
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2019, 09:42:22 am »
Also cascade is a may so in the off chance I cascade into Phage I won't lose on the spot but because I have so much unblockable stuff in the deck (atleast currently) it can just take out players if not dealt with.