deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Let's see your stats  (Read 9670 times)

Red_Wyrm

• I'm the boss of the forums.
  • Decks
Re: Let's see your stats
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2019, 02:13:03 pm »
You are an absolute legend Red_Wyrm,
O.o this is totally going in my signature line, thanks!

Coding is very simple. It is logical. The syntax of the language may be difficult. For example, in C++ you have to put a semicolon (;) after EVERY. SINGLE. LINE. Ugh. And you gotta know what the commands do. Like MATLAB has a text2numbr command that will take a text like, "Krenko is the best commander ever" and turn it into a number, so you can perform mathematical operations on it. Once you learn what each function does and the syntax (those semicolons have caused me problems more than once) it is very simple. The  best way to do it if you raen't taking a class is download a free program and just start doing something. I downloaded Python, pain in the butt to figure it out, but once I did, I decided what I wanted to do, just a simple code asking for user input of a number, running that number through a function and spitting out the output, just to make sure I knew enough to get an output value.

Something like (ignore my poor syntax, I need a bit of a refresher)
x=input('x=')  % so this would display the message x=, and have the user type in a number. The % is just for comments. The program doesn't ready anything after the % so you can describe your code so YOU can logically understand it, but the computer doesnt see it.
y=5*x %Note in most programs I've played with, you HAVE to include the multiplication sign. You cannot type 5x. It has to be 5*x or x*5 (or x+x+x+x+x)
disp(y) % This would display y. so if x was 1, y would be 5 and it would output 5.

However BBC code seems more straight forward. Like if you don't wanna click insert quote, you can just type {quote}QUOTED TEXT HERE{\quote} using square [] brackets instead of {} I used them so it didn't actually quote the message, but show you what it looks like.

Now I'll try my hand at a table and explain it a little more indepth than what I saw Morganator do on his thread (which is a fantastic thread). I'm gonna cheat and copy some of his code from that thread.

{table} So here we begin the table
{tr} Not sure why this is here. I guess we need to start a row, the table doesn't automatically start us with one row. Seems clunky to me, but works all the same, so this starts our first row, I hope.
{td}Commander{/td} Okay so this creates a column, with "Commander" being the data in this spot, i.e. first row first column. To make another column before going to the next row, we will use the same command {td}{/td} We want four columns, Commander, Wins, Losses and Win %
{td}Wins{/td}
{td}Losses{/td}
{td}Win %{/td}
{/tr} So this is the end of our first row, with our title columns. I'm just gonna make data up for the next row as an example. Don't tell my lab professor. He'd kill me.
{tr} So this starts us a new row.
{td}Krenko, Mob Boss{/td}
{td}3{/td}
{td}2{/td}
{td}60%{/td}
{/tr} This ends the second row.
{/table} This ends the table.

Oh I should note, I am not sure how the code responds to my little comments in red since they are IN the BBC code for the table, but you shouldn't be including comments like that when you actually insert the table. Here is what it should look like before you insert it, remember you would have square brackets.

{table}
{tr}
{td}Commander{/td}
{td}Wins{/td}
{td}Losses{/td}
{td}Win %{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Krenko, Mob Boss{/td}
{td}3{/td}
{td}2{/td}
{td}60%{/td}
{/tr}
{/table}

Now Let's see if it worked. I'm going to copy and paste it, replacing the squiggly brackets with square ones. Do squiggly brackets have a more formal name? Please let me know.

CommanderWins|Losses|Win %|
Krenko, Mob Boss|3|2|60%|

Okay so I didn't feel like going back and changing my example code, but in the final code, I inserted a | at the end of each column to separate them. You could also just add a few spaces and it would most likely see the spaces and space them apart, I didn't try, but I assume it would work.

Bonus points if you can find the | on your keyboard. || means or in C++ and I had to copy and past from google the || because I couldn't find it on the keyboard for the longest time.

I googled RPG maker projects. I didn't actually click any links, but I read a little bit of what came up. Video game programing from my understanding is totally different than coding. Note the words programming and coding. Coding is the code I laid out earlier in the post. Programing is using that code. I programmed a little bit in Torchlight II Guts and Gamemaker. Both were great. They were more visual compared to this dry typing. It is hard to explain let's see if I can do it.

Okay so like in Torchlight II Guts, you would click insert NPC character or something like that. You would choose what type of character you wanted to insert, let's say a demon boss man, so you would find the sprite (that's a fancy word for image) of the baddest looking demon you wanted. There are several ones already codded into the game. Then you can color him how you want, you can resize him, you can place him in your world and you choose his stats. His attacks and everything are already programmed in. So if you want a magic wielding demon you would select such in the first step, or a melee or whatever. Let's say you wanted Sir Demon Lord, thats his name, to spawn when the character gets to a certain point. You would place a little hit box type thing (fI think they are called triggers) wherever you want the player to reach. It will be invisible to the player. Once the player comes into contact with the hitbox, that means they are where you want them, and it triggers Sir Demon Lord to Spawn.

Things like the npc, triggers, environments are all coded into the game, you just assemble the pieces how you want. Think of it like a lego kit. You have all the lego pieces (the code) and you can assemble them however you'd like.

Now I did this using an already established game engine, whichever one Torchlight II uses, is it Guts? Maybe, not sure. Not sure if Guts is a game engine. Actually I think it is G.U.T.S.  I am not sure how much would differ when making your own game from scratch, there is definitely more coding involved, but usually the meat of the coding is in the game engine you choose. For RPGs the best is the one Sony uses. They don't license it to anyone. They develop their game engine and use it exclusively for their titles, so good luck getting your hands on that.

I know you didn't exactly ask for my opinion, I volunteered it.  ;)

Any of us are happy to help you, just ask. :)

Best of luck to you, sir! Or Ma'am? What is the gender neutral word? Person? God damn political correctness.

Best of luck to you, genderless person!
Best of luck to you.

EDIT: Hey the table worked!
My King Baby said yes!
I thought you'd never ask
Also, I always spell your name correctly, Red_Wurm.  :)

Please, it is Red

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Banging and (spell) slanging!
  • Decks
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2019, 03:44:59 pm »
Heading out today hoping to pick up my 100th win of the calendar year.

Sliver Overlord......……..........11-3.....78%
Grand Arbiter Augustin IV......6-3.....75%
Skullbriar, the Walking Grave...17-6.....73%  (13-0 in 1v1, 4-6 in multiplayer)
Purphoros, God of the Forge.....8-3......72%
Hope of Ghirapur…………......…...4-2...….66%
Karador, Ghost Chieftain.........12-9.....57%
Sidisi, Brood Tyrant...............33-25....56%
Edgar Markov.......................3-4......42%
Animar, Soul of Elements........5-8......38%

Overall.........................99-63....61%
This space for rent.

Soren841

• Decks
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2019, 03:51:30 pm »
My stats

The First Sliver (Sliver Hulk): 5-1.. 83%
Nils is the God I worship

Red_Wyrm

• Decks
« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2019, 07:11:29 am »
I'm gonna make it a habit to track my games starting Saturday, the next time I expect to play. ive side.

Okay, guys. I did it. I wanted to get more than 1 days worth of data, so I've delayed it a little while to get more games in.

CommanderWinsLossesWin %
Krenko, Mob Boss10100%
Ayli, Eternal Pilgrim4180%
The Locust God1150%
Muldrotha, The Gravetide (Persistent Petitioners)1150%
Maelstrom Wanderer10100%
Total8373%

I should probably note all of these were either 2 or 3 person games because everyone has been busy.  In fact, all except two of Ayli's games were 2 people (to be clear, me and 1 opponent). So 2 games with Ayli were 3 of us (1 of which I lost) and EVERY other game I've played has been 2 of us because no one wants to play.

Well actually one person is in New York for work, my brother was doing something (I forget what) and so he didn't play with us the past few weekends, and the last person is tired of always losing so he never comes. (He also commits to the board with a Nevinyrral's Disk out, so you be the judge of why he cannot win.)

So I am not too sure this is a true edh environment since I am missing half the players. Although 1 game with Ayli, Eternal Pilgrim I got Bolas Citadel out turn 5, and basically won right there. I hit a bunch of good cards in a row, I got Aetherflux Reservoir, followed by a few mana rocks and stuff that wasn't particularly important, and then a sanguine bond. I am at 28 life at this point, and I hit a beacon of immortality, so I go down to 22 to cast it, and gain 22, causing my 1 opponent to lose 22 and then I gain some more life from my Reservoir and blast his face off. It was epic. That citadel does some work, but if I didn't have that beacon of immortality, that lifeloss would've hurt me a lot, and I very well could've lost as my opponent apparently had cyclonic rift in his hand. I also got very lucky that I had like 5 or 6 nonland cards in a row the turn I cast the citadel.

And OMG combined with either necropotence or Aetherflux Reservoir, Bolas's Citadel is a godsend. I got all three out one game, but to be fair I tutored for necropotence. I know three card combos are happy lala land in EDH, especially when they are all in the 99, but each of them can be grabbed by enlightened tutor, and then I run demonic tutor as well, and all i need is necropotence to start digging through the deck to find the rest of the combo. It is a lot more plausible than I expected.

I got excited. I'm sorry.

My King Baby said yes!

Please, it is Red

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Decks
« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2019, 02:43:24 pm »
(He also commits to the board with a Nevinyrral's Disk out, so you be the judge of why he cannot win.)

Depending on how the Nev's Disk is being used, that may not be a bad play as long as he doesn't over commit to the board. Sometimes you have to force the owners hand so that they will go ahead and use it.
This space for rent.

Soren841

• Decks
« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2019, 03:07:09 pm »
Update on my stats!

Sliver Hulk is now 7-1... 88%

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Decks
« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2019, 03:34:38 pm »
Update on my stats!

Sliver Hulk is now 7-1... 88%

Nice! What was the 1 loss to? Was it when you were still working out the bugs?
This space for rent.

Soren841

• Decks
« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2019, 03:46:05 pm »
I forget lol

Aetherium Slinky

• Rules Advisor
    • reddit.com/r/jankEDH
  • Decks
« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2019, 04:19:08 pm »
[tr] Not sure why this is here. I guess we need to start a row, the table doesn't automatically start us with one row. Seems clunky to me, but works all the same, so this starts our first row, I hope.
It's a feature. That tag is not a line break (like <br>). It announces that a row element starts here. The corresponding end tag [/tr] says "this is end of row". Redundant or not, that's how most of BBCode works: start tags and end tags.
Come brew some jank with us!
https://www.reddit.com/r/jankEDH/

Red_Wyrm

• Decks
« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2019, 05:03:54 pm »
(He also commits to the board with a Nevinyrral's Disk out, so you be the judge of why he cannot win.)

Depending on how the Nev's Disk is being used, that may not be a bad play as long as he doesn't over commit to the board. Sometimes you have to force the owners hand so that they will go ahead and use it.

I prefer to not commit when the Disk is out. I would rather use resources already in play, that I am most likely going to lose, to force his hand. Generally this means attacking him until he cannot deal with it anymore. I usually only see the disk when they NEED to boardwipe soon, so they are already on the edge of using it, just waiting for that extra push, which attacking can usually do if they can't win in combat (which as I said they probably can' and that's why they played the disk, in my experience.)
My King Baby said yes!

Please, it is Red

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Decks
« Reply #25 on: May 28, 2019, 05:13:25 pm »
There's times where that's not the case. I've seen it put it early to deter people from trying to build an early board state. I've also seen it in the way you're describing. As I said, it depends on how the Disk is being used.
This space for rent.

Red_Wyrm

• Decks
« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2019, 05:18:18 pm »
There's times where that's not the case. I've seen it put it early to deter people from trying to build an early board state. I've also seen it in the way you're describing. As I said, it depends on how the Disk is being used.

I've never seen it used that way, but that is an interesting use. How successful is it at deterring early board states? If no one has built up a board state, someone has to, to force them to use it, or does everyone wait for a Krosan grip or something?
My King Baby said yes!

Please, it is Red

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Decks
« Reply #27 on: May 28, 2019, 05:26:35 pm »
Some people won't do anything except play a land and pass unless they have/draw a removal spell but even then they'll sometimes hold onto it to see if the other players will commit to the board.

Usually I'll put a few less important creatures out and start popping them in the face to make them use it. However, I don't always do this as I don't want everyone to know I'll do that and allow them to keep their removal for other things (mainly my stuff) later in the game.
This space for rent.

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
« Reply #28 on: May 28, 2019, 05:32:45 pm »
So I don't often go up against Nevinyrral's Disk, but when I do see it, it's when everyone already has a boardstate that's worth protecting. My three solutions are to either destroy the disk, bait the player into activating it (by either attacking them or playing a single good card), or to smooth-talk them into activating it. I convince them that everyone else has a strong boardstate so it's in their best interest to activate it.

Usually destroy the disk.

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Decks
« Reply #29 on: May 28, 2019, 05:48:31 pm »
Come to think of it, it's been months since I've seen a disk.
This space for rent.