deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Let's see your stats  (Read 9672 times)

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
Let's see your stats
« on: May 01, 2019, 05:28:32 am »
You know what my favorite thing about Deckstats is? The stats.

I little while ago, I posted on another thread my current win percentages for commander. I'm curious if anyone else does this, and if so, post your results. Let's see how your decks are doing.

So these are my results (2019 data). I'll update it in a few months as I play more games.

Commander | Wins | Losses | Games Played | Win Percentage | Expected Win Percentage | Status
Edric, Spymaster of Trest   911090%35%Active
Kynaios and Tiro of Meletis   1732085%30%Inactive
The Scarab God   1392259%28%Active
Krenko, Mob Boss   54956%32%Active
Captain Sisay   651155%30%Active
Mishra, Artificer Prodigy   6121833%27%Active
Vaevictis Asmadi, the Dire   12333%29%Active
Lavinia, Azorius Renegade   0330%26%Inactive
Overall   57399659.4%29.4%

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Banging and (spell) slanging!
  • Decks
Re: Let's see your stats
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2019, 02:16:45 pm »
Mine isn't as nicely formatted as Morganator's...

Sliver Overlord...............11-3.....78%
Purphoros, God of the Forge.....8-3......72%
Skullbriar, the Walking Grave...16-6.....72%  (12-0 in 1v1, 4-6 in multiplayer)
Karador, Ghost Chieftain.........12-9.....57%
Sidisi, Brood Tyrant............30-23....56%
Edgar Markov....................3-4......42%
Animar, Soul of Elements........5-8......38%

Overall.........................86-56....60%

« Last Edit: May 01, 2019, 02:19:34 pm by WWolfe »
This space for rent.

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2019, 05:57:47 pm »
Here you go.
CommanderWins  |  Losses  |  Games played  |  Win Percentage
Sliver Overlord1131478%
Purphoros, God of the Forge831172%
Skullbriar, the Walking Grave1662272%
Karador, Ghost Chieftain1292157%
Sidisi, Brood Tyrant30235356%
Edgar Markov34742%
Animar, Soul of Elements581338

Red_Wyrm

• I'm the boss of the forums.
  • Decks
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2019, 11:55:07 pm »
You know what my favorite thing about Deckstats is? The stats.

I little while ago, I posted on another thread my current win percentages for commander. I'm curious if anyone else does this, and if so, post your results. Let's see how your decks are doing.

So these are my results (2019 data). I'll update it in a few months as I play more games.

Commander | Wins | Losses | Games Played | Win Percentage | Expected Win Percentage | Status
Edric, Spymaster of Trest   911090%35%Active
Kynaios and Tiro of Meletis   1732085%30%Inactive
The Scarab God   1392259%28%Active
Krenko, Mob Boss   54956%32%Active
Captain Sisay   651155%30%Active
Mishra, Artificer Prodigy   6121833%27%Active
Vaevictis Asmadi, the Dire   12333%29%Active
Lavinia, Azorius Renegade   0330%26%Inactive
Overall   57399659.4%29.4%

You mentioned a while ago that your krenko isnt strong enough to be cedh, but too strong for casual. So where do you play that? I would assume if you played it in cedh it wouldn't be at 58% and if its 58% in casual, people wouldn't be playing with you anymore because they know they're losing.

Also 96 total games seems very low, but I dont keep track of mine and so I can't compare. I mean I guess I play 2-5 games a night depending on length on Saturdays once a week at most, usually 2-3 weeks apart, so it take a while to accumulate a high game number.
My King Baby said yes!
I thought you'd never ask
Also, I always spell your name correctly, Red_Wurm.  :)

Please, it is Red

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2019, 12:59:18 am »
Krenko, Mob Boss is typically used for either cEDH/high power games with a few people, or slightly more casual games with a lot of people. Krenko is one of the decks that frequently sees games with 5 to 7 players, hence why the expected win percentage is a little messed up (but not as much as Edric's).

Unfortunately, due to this gray area of "strong but not strong enough", he doesn't see a lot of play, hence the low number of games over the course of 4 months. Which brings me to the next point.

I typically play two or three days of the week out of seven. On these days, I range from 2 to 7 games a night, depending mostly on the length of the games, and If I actually like where I am. There was one game store when my attendance was dwindling, and now I've stopped going all together. But there had been 13 weeks of 2019 when I first wrote that post, which averages at 7.38 games per week, or about 3 games every day I play commander.

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Decks
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2019, 09:11:14 pm »
My average number a games at the time of writing the post was a little over 8 a week. That number will have dipped at the end of the month when I update it again because I've yet to play this month. I anticipate getting to play more the rest of the month than I have to date but there still will be a week & a 1/2 of this month with no games and I won't be playing more than my normal number to make up for that discrepancy.
This space for rent.

Red_Wyrm

• Decks
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2019, 12:10:31 am »
Both of you guys have higher than expected (25%) win %. Why is this do you guys think? Are you playing against people who dont know the game as well, or have less competitive decks? Maybe you're both just really good at stacking the deck (kidding).

I'm gonna make it a habit to track my games starting Saturday, the next time I expect to play. I know Morganator you're competitive and always trying to make the best plays rather than just do something awesome and spectacular even if it isnt the best thing to do. For example, my opponent cast song of the dryads on my skithiryx, the blight dragon, and I could've cyclonic rift the enchantment for 1B and killed him with it, but I HAD to tap it for mana because it was funny. I dont think you do stuff like that.

Wwolfe, I'm not too sure about you. You seem like you have a more casual side and a competitive side.
My King Baby said yes!

Please, it is Red

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2019, 02:23:04 am »
I know Morganator you're competitive and always trying to make the best plays rather than just do something awesome and spectacular even if it isnt the best thing to do.
I never said that. More often than not I do tend to play optimally, but there are times that I do crazy plays just for the hell of it. One time I started the game with Gemstone Caverns in play and exiled Paradox Engine (the deck's win condition) to see if I could play the deck on hard mode.
Both of you guys have higher than expected (25%) win %. Why is this do you guys think? Are you playing against people who dont know the game as well, or have less competitive decks?
Yeah, I haven't quite figured that out. I match the power levels of decks, so I think it comes down to me being a very good player. It also seems like some people use really low amounts of interaction, don't include grave-hate, and are terrible at threat-assessment (if the Winter Orb is stopping someone from winning, leave it alone). But I think what it really comes down to is that I'm really good at commander. For deck building I always add in appropriate amounts of mana ramp, removal, and card advantage. During gameplay I always have good treat-assessment, and I play interactively. If your plan is to sit in your corner and just build up your own board-state, expect to lose often (unless you're a fast combo deck).

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Decks
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2019, 10:41:59 am »
My normal play group is a little odd, it's a casual meta but it's more competitive than most casual metas if that makes sense. Most of the group has been playing 10 or more years with only one person playing less than 5.

I'd attribute my win % to being quicker than most to adjust to changes in the meta. That's not to say others are bad or too slow at it, I just tend to make changes immediately. Then again, I have a lot of free time to do so with being out of work for medical reasons the past 10 months.
This space for rent.

Red_Wyrm

• Decks
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2019, 02:22:23 pm »
Why don't you two start a thread about most common misplays, how to have better threat assessment, something like that that you think you have nailed to a T, but others seems to struggle with more so than you guys.

can you give an example, WWolfe on changes you've seen in your meta and how you respond to them?

In case we are getting a little off topic, STATS.

STATS
STATS
STATS

There we are back on track. :)
My King Baby said yes!

Please, it is Red

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2019, 02:57:04 pm »
A thread for the worst misplays already exists

https://deckstats.net/forum/index.php/topic,45243.0.html

I also have one kinda like what you're suggesting. It's an intro to cEDH, but it goes over a lot of deck optimization, so it's kinda what you want.

https://deckstats.net/forum/index.php/topic,41224.0.html

I couldn't find one for threat assessment though. I'm sure I could put something together.

Red_Wyrm

• Decks
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2019, 03:01:11 pm »
A thread for the worst misplays already exists

Not so much a thread about our biggest misplays, some of those are situations that will never come up again, but misplays that you see a lot of people make that they think are good plays, but are actually not good. Like instead of leaving mana open for your conterspell when you see someone tutor (and reveal) for their key combo piece, and instead just trying to advance your board.

Well perhaps that is a bad example as hopefully you learn from that experience, but I mean misplays people don't realize are misplays, but you see them and you're like oh you idiot.

There is this one person who without fail commits to the board the same as when he sees Nevinyrral's Disk as when it isn't there. And then he just hopes and prays they don't use it, with his board ultimately getting blown up because I make them use the disk so I can advance my board. I've learned they play the disk because they need a boardwipe. And they will use it when they need to, but if they untap with it, you give them the power of instant speed, so you have to make them use it.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2019, 03:36:31 pm by Red_Wyrm »
My King Baby said yes!

Please, it is Red

Chiru

• Decks
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2019, 03:45:15 am »
Stupid question.
Can anyone tell me how Morganator got that stats layout? Did they put it together themselves, or and I overlooking a button on this site?

Red_Wyrm

• Decks
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2019, 04:51:19 am »
Stupid question.
Can anyone tell me how Morganator got that stats layout? Did they put it together themselves, or and I overlooking a button on this site?

https://deckstats.net/forum/index.php/topic,44932.0.html

Yeah so there is an insert table button. I've never used it, so I am not too sure how it works, but we all play MTG here, so i think we are capable of figuring out how exactly the insert table works, though it may take a few attempts. I linked Morganator's thread which is like an intro to deckstats and BBC code in general (that's the type of code used on this, and from what I've noticed, most forums sites. In fact Morganator says it is used on most forum sites I believe. He/she (are you a boy or a girl Morganator?) goes over how to insert a table in the thread. One thing that bothers me about the BBC code is the use of / as opposed to the \. Latex uses the \ and I write in that all the time for my lab reports. To be honest, I cannot remember if C++ or MATLAB use it. It's been so long and I only have rudimentary knowledge of them, but that / drives me crazy!!!!!!!!!!

Here is the section where he goes over inserting a table:
Inserting a table

This one gets a little weirder. The code initially looks like this.
{table}
{tr}
{td}{/td}
{/tr}
{/table}

Each {tr} represents a table row, and each {td} is a column... sort of. See, if you want a table with 3 rows and 2 columns, the code looks like this:

{table}
{tr}
{td}1{/td}
{td}2{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}3{/td}
{td}4{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}5{/td}
{td}6{/td}
{/tr}
{/table}

I've inserted the numbers on purpose, to help you understand what this will look like.

1   2
3   4
5   6

You'll also notice that the tables aren't that pretty. It's grayed out, the size is a little weird, and trying to add artistic effects the text inside them is a nightmare and a half. But it does help organize stuff.

I should note I am not 100% sure this is the function he used, but hey, maybe. His stats look like they're organized in a table.
Best of luck to you, sir!

Stupid question.

No no no no no. Do not say that. It may sound cliche, but the only stupid question is the one you don't ask. It's the best way to learn. I had a teacher in high school that shamed a kid for asking a question in class about a topic we covered the first or second month of school. Sure, he SHOULD'VE asked 5 months ago, but he didn't would you rather him ask now and learn or never ask and never know. Made me really upset, I am no high school teacher, but I am somewhat intelligent in certain areas, and I help my fellow students. I could never imagine shamming anyone for asking a question. Making good natured fun is one thing, shamming and humiliating them is totally unacceptable and shouldn't be tolerated. Oops. I ranted. Sorry. I really tried not to. Okay, I'll stop now.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2019, 05:01:43 am by Red_Wyrm »
My King Baby said yes!

Please, it is Red

Chiru

• Decks
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2019, 07:15:24 am »
You are an absolute legend Red_Wyrm, thank you so much to taking the time to type all of that out and explain it. I was hoping it was just a button or drop down menu where we could list our stats like that, but I guess not, lol. Maybe some day.

As for the code, that's probably the worst thing it could've been for me. I have a learning disability, and code is something I've tried and failed to learn many times because of my now abandoned RPG Maker projects. I guess if nothing else I could just log them like WWolf did, it's just that Morganator's looked like it was an added feature of the site because it's so neat and well put together.

As for my stupid comment, I get what you mean. I have a weird anxiety when interacting with people online, and figured it would be an obvious question that my admitting it made me feel less likely to be called out for it. I actually had a teacher bully in high school that belittled everything I did because I couldn't remember anything he was teaching. It got so bad that he wouldn't even attempt to grade my papers because he just assumed I didn't get anything right, he'd just make a convoluted show of my lack of intelligence, then throw it straight into the trash. Eventually he actually stopped giving me work all together. So thank you for understanding that kind of situation.

I have a friend that runs a computer company and owns multiple servers around town, so I'll see if maybe he can try teaching me code sometime. Thank you again Red_Wyrm, and sorry I turned this reply into a long-winded ramble, lol. :)