deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: The Strongest Deck Tech - mtg arena  (Read 499 times)

nifty129

The Strongest Deck Tech - mtg arena
« on: May 06, 2019, 02:17:55 am »
Hey guys, just thought I'd share what's probably the strongest new card interaction out of war of the spark.

So for those that don't know there are a few cutting edge players running izzet control right now, and not that janky Ral combo nonsense.

I'm talking a 100 percent non creature list with the exception of Kefnet, and Niv.

You control the aggressive/mid-range player out, slam kefnet turn 4 or 5, then slam niv.

This is probably the most back breaking thing in mtg right now, and I'm including tefari into tefari, domri into domri, vivian into vivian, bolas into bolas, and general esper/grixis shenanigans.

The reason for this is kefnet is reoccurring yes, he has forking potential yes, but it's his body that's his real strength.

Every flyer people run right now, djinn's, drake's, pheonix's, get's eaten by kefnet, he does just as well against removal and grounded threats.

Really the only thing that pairs up well at that mana cost would be nullhid ferrox, and it's not like stompy is a thing right now.

So if your the type of player who's really invested in doing well in ranked I'd recommend testing this out for yourself.

All the best

bradcoish23

• Decks
Re: The Strongest Deck Tech - mtg arena
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2019, 07:27:17 pm »
You have a list that is working for you? Don't see a link to a deck.

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Banging and (spell) slanging!
  • Decks
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2019, 02:50:50 pm »
Yea, if you're gonna name the thread as "Deck tech of the strongest deck on Arena" it would help to post a list and put a little more about the deck interactions and what the line of play, etc. is.
This space for rent.

Judaspriester

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2019, 03:03:30 pm »
Yea, if you're gonna name the thread as "Deck tech of the strongest deck on Arena" it would help to post a list and put a little more about the deck interactions and what the line of play, etc. is.

For me it seems like he was so exited about, well, what ever he found, that he wasn't able to write a proper description. ;)
You say Prison Cell, I hear 'Holiday'.

nifty129

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2019, 01:26:20 am »
Sorry guys, Niv draws you cards, and Kefnet forks and provides you a discount on instants/sorceries. That's the interaction. But this tech is already old, I think grixis beats izzet control hands down. The reason why I rate grixis higher now is that they main board about 3 times the hand hate with thought seize equivalents, so they can pick apart most of these fun strategies, and they'll typically get that hand info on you before your counters are up.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2019, 01:40:43 am by nifty129 »