deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Where do we go from here?  (Read 3797 times)

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
Re: Where do we go from here?
« Reply #30 on: May 13, 2019, 11:44:56 pm »
You guys heard of the Rabiah scale?

Similar to the Storm scale, it's a ranking on how likely we are to revisit a plane in a standard-legal set. 1 is super likely and 10 is nigh-impossible. It hasn't been updated in a while, but here are the rankings.

1: Dominaria. Innistrad, Ravnica. The last update to this scale was right before the release of Guilds of Ravnica. We are most-definitely going back to these planes.
2: Zendikar.
3: Theros.
4: Ixalan, Tarkir.
5: Alara, Amonkhet, Kaladesh, Lorwyn/Shadowmoor, New Phyrexia/Mirrodin.
6: Fiora (Conspiracy), Regatha (Core sets), Vryn (Magic Origins).
7: Shandalar (Core 2014), Kamigawa, Kylem (Battlebond).
8: Segovia (The Hippodrome). Plane where everything is much smaller, and when planeswalkers come here, they shrink down... so what's the point?
9: Ulgrotha (Homelands), Serra's Realm (Urza block), Rath (Weatherlight Saga), Phyrexia (Weatherlight Saga). Because these planes have been destroyed, we likely won't go back. Mercadia. A backwards world (goblins are smart, mountains are upside-down) is unsurprisingly hard to design.
10: Rabiah (Arabian Knights). Due to intellectual property issues, we will likely never see Rabiah, but we might see another Arabic/Persian styled set. Bablovia (Unstable). Because this is the world of Unstable, we won't see it appearing in standard.

Judaspriester

• Decks
« Reply #31 on: May 22, 2019, 05:46:08 pm »
For those who was hoping for new slivers in the next edition: see the modern horizons spoilers.

My favorite til now:
The First Sliver
WUBRG
Legendary Creature - Sliver
Cascade (When you cast this spell, exile cards from the top of your library until you exile a nonland card that costs less. You may cast it without paying its mana cost. Put the exiled cards on the bottom of your library in a random order.)

Sliver spells you cast have cascade.

You say Prison Cell, I hear 'Holiday'.

Red_Wyrm

• I'm the boss of the forums.
  • Decks
« Reply #32 on: May 22, 2019, 05:51:16 pm »
For those who was hoping for new slivers in the next edition: see the modern horizons spoilers.

My favorite til now:
The First Sliver
WUBRG
Cascade (When you cast this spell, exile cards from the top of your library until you exile a nonland card that costs less. You may cast it without paying its mana cost. Put the exiled cards on the bottom of your library in a random order.)

Is this real? Please tell me you're joking. The give the most broken tribe the most broken mechanic? Oh dear lord. Because they weren't powerful enough with their personal avacyn, angel of hope, and coat of arms. And being able to tutor for any piece they need. Wtf.
My King Baby said yes!
I thought you'd never ask
Also, I always spell your name correctly, Red_Wurm.  :)

Please, it is Red

Judaspriester

• Decks
« Reply #33 on: May 22, 2019, 05:56:10 pm »

My favorite til now:
The First Sliver
WUBRG

Is this real? Please tell me you're joking. The give the most broken tribe the most broken mechanic? Oh dear lord. Because they weren't powerful enough with their personal avacyn, angel of hope, and coat of arms. And being able to tutor for any piece they need. Wtf.

http://www.mythicspoiler.com/mh1/cards/thefirstsliver.html

It's "just" a spoiler, but for me it looks pretty real. Besides that, I agree with you.
You say Prison Cell, I hear 'Holiday'.

Firegriff

• Decks
« Reply #34 on: May 22, 2019, 07:38:41 pm »
... The First Sliver plus the Tribe enabling Changeling god/lord will be a rather broken combo.  Are they even playtesting these cards?

Loggiu

• Decks
« Reply #35 on: June 08, 2019, 09:43:22 am »
does anybody knows where i can find a synthesis of ravnica: city of guild block story???

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Banging and (spell) slanging!
  • Decks
« Reply #36 on: June 08, 2019, 11:09:16 pm »
This space for rent.

Red_Wyrm

• I'm the boss of the forums.
  • Decks
« Reply #37 on: June 09, 2019, 07:16:52 am »
does anybody knows where i can find a synthesis of ravnica: city of guild block story???

https://www.amazon.com/Ravnica-Cycle-Book-I/dp/0786937920

I would love to read them myself, but I haven't. I would also love to read A Song of Fire and ice, The Maze Runner, Hunger Games, To Kill a Mockingbird, Johnny Got his Gun, and so many more, but the hardest part is opening that first page because i am really deterred from reading. But I would read a super long document on them online without a second though. So who knows if I'll ever ready any of them. I've also seen the Movies/TV Shows, so it isn't as exciting reading it.
My King Baby said yes!
I thought you'd never ask
Also, I always spell your name correctly, Red_Wurm.  :)

Please, it is Red

Izzet-saurus

• Rogue deckbuilding donkey
  • Decks
« Reply #38 on: June 09, 2019, 08:12:13 am »
I honestly expected Innistrad Zendikar, Theros and Tarkir I'd like to revisit primarily for their thematic elements. it's good to know that most of the planes I'd like to see are high on this scale outside kamigawa

HowlingLotus

• Decks
« Reply #39 on: June 11, 2019, 06:44:30 am »
Garruk seems like he would fit into a Viking theme pretty well, so fingers crossed.

He would probably be worshiped as a god by the people and he looks the part somewhat. Just don't cast thoughtseize on him.
Mainly play Casual Multiplayer and EDH.

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Decks
« Reply #40 on: June 11, 2019, 08:40:17 am »
I'd be cool with another Innistrad block...this time without the Eldrazi.
This space for rent.

Loggiu

• Decks
« Reply #41 on: June 11, 2019, 10:36:13 am »
I read somewhere it may be another time spiral

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Decks
« Reply #42 on: June 12, 2019, 04:33:52 pm »
I suspect we'll see a new plane next, but after that I wouldn't mind a return to any of the top 3 outside of Ravnica since we're there now.
This space for rent.

Marshstepper78

• Decks
« Reply #43 on: June 13, 2019, 11:05:22 am »
The Time Spiral block was set on Dominaria, which we returned to recently. I doubt we'll be heading back there soon.