deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Dem Buff Zombs - Comments  (Read 214 times)

Comment Bot

Dem Buff Zombs - Comments
« on: May 10, 2019, 05:49:56 am »
Dem Buff Zombs

This topic has been created automatically to discuss this deck.
Dieses Thema wurde automatisch erstellt, um dieses Deck zu diskutieren.

CastleBodrin

• Decks
Re: Dem Buff Zombs - Comments
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2019, 05:49:56 am »

Judaspriester

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2019, 10:14:24 am »
Hmm.. the mana base looks kinda solid, that's already good. just 3 small suggestions.  Evolving Wilds or Terramorphic Expanse could be replaced with Ash Barrens, which is a little more flexible. Obelisk of Grixis could be replaced with Darksteel Ignot. The effect is the same, but the ignot is indestructible. Since you're playing a decent amout of swamps, Tainted Mountain and Tainted Isle could be worth concidering.

About the tutors: What about Diabolic Intent? Sacrificing a creature shouldn't be a big deal with a zombie deck.

For removal, Curtain's Call works gread in EDH, and Tragic Slip could also be interesting, since it ignores indestructible, and its happends kinda often that creatures die.

A little word about Chaos Warp: I know that many like it because its a universal removal in red. But I've already seen a Chaos Warp making things much worse. For example someone removed a threat, and given the player a high cmc combo piece for free which ended the game in the next turn.
I don't want to say its a bad card, but if you want to use it, you should be aware about the down side.

You've added Urborg and the deck seems like you want to attack alot. What about Filth then? With Filth in Graveyard and Urbog out, your whole board becomes unblockable.

If you need graveyard hate in yor meta and/or your playgroup likes to tutor, Ashiok, Dream Render is a very great solution for both problems.

@CastleBodrin: check the color pie. 82% black, 7% red, 11% blue. so Izzet signet wouldn't do much.

/edit: some more tribal cards: Metallic Mimic, Adaptive Automaton, Coat of Arms (could be dangerous against other tribe decks), Vanquisher's Banner.

/edit2: another very important card for zombie decks: Rooftop Storm
« Last Edit: May 10, 2019, 11:54:29 am by Judaspriester »
You say Prison Cell, I hear 'Holiday'.

Samwisetheknave

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2019, 08:37:02 am »
thanks for the comments guys! i replaced the wilds and expanse with ash barrens to help cut down on cards and did the same with the ingot and obelisk. decided to forego tainted mountain and isle, but that was purely because i didnt want to add more lands. might replace one of the other lands with them if i feel they'll work consistently. curtain's call was too high a cmc to not exile or board wipe, but i did add tragic slip. i understood you hesitations about chaos warp, and while i like it, i decided to agree and take it out since i felt i had enough removal anyways and was looking for cards to take out to make the deck legal. I hadn't realized the urborg/filth combo, so i definitely added that in. Ashiok seems like he belongs in a very different deck, as i plan on using my graveyard a lot, but it definitely gave me some ideas. i was planning on finding more tribal buffs, so thanks for saving me the search. coat of arms is definitely a sideboard card against other tribal decks, as i feel i can run the strongest tribal with zombies, with maybe an exception of dragons? and i have rooftop storm in my other zombie deck, must have just forgotten to add it. thanks for the save. the servant was an easy removal from the deck once i thought about it. it was just one of the weaker cards in the deck in general. appreciate everything!

Judaspriester

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2019, 11:20:32 am »
I'm always glad to help.  :)

About Ashiok, Dream Render: I agree with you that he doesn't fit that well into your deck, but he is a very efficient card. so, if your meta uses many tutors or if there are more other decks tha rely on their graveyards, Ashiok could hurt them alot. Simply think about your meta. Besides that, both effects only harm your opponents, otherwise it would be madness to play him in a zombie deck.  ;)

About Curtains' Call: I think you've misread here. It has cmc 6, but the price drops by 1 for each opponent. In a 4 player game he kills 2 creatures for just 2B.

About Coat of Arms: It's a little like Chaos Warp. It is a strong card, but also has a downside you should keep in mind.

Btw, do me a favour next time, and sometimes hit the enter key sometimes while writing. it makes the text much more readable. ;)
You say Prison Cell, I hear 'Holiday'.