English-language Forums > Commander Discussion

Threat Assessment in Commander

<< < (3/13) > >>

WWolfe:
There is also some value to showing that you will come back on people who come at you Robort. I may not get them back right away, but I will before the end of the game.

Morganator 2.0:
Maybe this will help, or maybe this is just me putting way to much effort into something pointless (again). I hope this picture shows up well enough that you can read the cards. Let's see how good your threat assessment is, starting with an easy one.

* Cards with the tap symbol on them are tapped.
* There are no commanders on the battlefield. You are playing as Ruric Thar.
* The Extraplanar Lens is imprinted with a Snow-Covered Swamp. Snow-Covered Swamps tap for double mana.
* Lightning Greaves is equiped to Birds of Paradise.
* It is Grand Arbiter's end step, so it is about to become your turn. You have Nature's Claim in hand. Which artifact do you destroy before your untap step?
Hover your cursor over to reveal the answer. For whatever reason, card names are hidden under spoiler text.

You should remove Cursed Totem. The Cursed Totem is hurting you a lot more than anything else.

Firegriff:
I would probably go after Winter Orb.  First, I would get the mana advantage, and it is inhibiting my play potential.

Soren841:
Big bet. Kill lense easy

Judaspriester:
Hmm.. lets see what we can hit:

* Winter Orb - Doesn't seem a that big deal right now, since I've got 2 mana dorks out
* Cursed Totem - currently doesn't matter, since it just doesn't allow to re-equip the greaves hurts only me
* Extraplanar Lense - snow swamps give an additional mana, but the power is limited by the winter orb
Hmm.. the most interesting choice would be Winter Orb, since the other 2 doesn't really affect me and I'm the first player that benefits of the mana advantage. But I'm not sure I would blow it up at all this turn, depending on my hand it could be a viable solution to wait one more turn, if I'm able to play something useful with 3 mana. It hurts the player to my left way more than me.

/edit: As Moganator mentioned, i mixed up Cursed Totem with Null Rod. This changes the situation. In this case, I think its more interesting to destroy the Cursed Totem, since this would help me, but not my opponents (at least at the current board state). Waiting doesn't seem to be a viable option, since I would be limited to 2 mana in my turn.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version