deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Aggiorna Sessione button and then try again.

Autore Topic: Games you've enjoyed  (Letto 48482 volte)

Scottish_Kitty

• Decks
Re: Games you've enjoyed
« Risposta #105 il: Gennaio 29, 2021, 08:19:17 pm »
So last night I decided to test my custom elf deck I threw together on MTGO after buying some of the new cards. So I asked my friend to help me test it since he's the one who got me into MTG and has been the one teaching me to play Commander.

A lot of back and forth with me just loading the field up with elves and chipping at his health with Lathril's ability. I have him down to like 23 health and I have like almost 30 elves on the field. He plays a sorcery that destroys every creature on the field. But he forgot to take into account I had Elderfang Venom on the field. So he still has to take over 30 life damage due to this absolutely bananas stack that was so big it didn't even fit on the screen.

Its not much compared to some people's stories, but it was my first victory against someone whose been playing for awhile and I was proud of myself  ;D

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Banging and (spell) slanging!
  • Decks
« Risposta #106 il: Febbraio 14, 2021, 08:55:47 pm »
This is an old story but I was reminded of it last night when playing a paper game (rare these days I know) with my son.

It was an a FNM probably 7+ years ago. It was right after Theros came into Standard. I had been working so much I really hadn't been able to put much time into building a new deck so I just took my pre-release deck (Boros Heroic) and traded for the cards to make it a 60 card deck. The deck ended up being like a $20 deck. My first round match-up...a guy that I played a lot at the store. He was sporting a deck that was easily $600 that included 4 Stormbreath Dragons and a couple copies of Elspeth, Sun's Champion. I really don't remember much about the decks plan other than it including those cards. Point of the story is I beat the guy 2-0 in games that didn't go past turn 5. He was so pissed that his $600 deck lost to a $20 deck, he dropped from the FNM and went home.
This space for rent.

CleanBelwas

• Decks
« Risposta #107 il: Febbraio 20, 2021, 08:31:55 am »
So I built a Yuriko deck. That shit is FUN.

I love games of chance like Yuriko's trigger. What's it gonna be? Could be a swamp. Could be Draco. So much fun.

First game, hit The Cauldron of Eternity on a turn two ninjitsu. Turn three, drew scroll rack off the top. Everyone was dead by the end of turn 5.

Second game, my buddies are (rightly) targeting me early. In the mid game I'm on around 18 life, my opponents are in mid 30s. I have arcane adaptation out so I have around 5 ninjas that can't be blocked. 5 Yuriko triggers.

Swamp. Island. DRACO! BRAINSTORM! In response to last trigger, brainstorm and put Draco back on top. Now my opponents are all but dead (and were on the next turn).

That deck is so much fun. It feeds an itch that I don't often get in EDH. Playing a low to the ground, aggressive tempo deck with small, aggressive creatures, bounce spells and cantrips. Usually those things all suck in EDH, but Yuriko makes them good. The deck runs 33 lands and no mana rocks, and yet, it doesn't suck. I have fallen in love

Federico Rosano

• Decks
« Risposta #108 il: Febbraio 26, 2021, 04:35:51 pm »
Basically every time I play with my brothers/friends using my casual decks.
Unique mechanics, great sinergy, no infinite combos and good cheap cards.
I shared all of them on my Deckstats profile, hoping anyone can have some fun as I have with them.
MTG Arena is something I tried, but it's not as fun as playing with real cards.

krichaiushii

• Decks
« Risposta #109 il: Febbraio 28, 2021, 08:17:12 pm »
This happened several years ago, so details are fuzzy.

I went to the store for an EDH tournament (a dangerous exercise for those wanting fun).  Our pod of 4 strangers had decks of similar strengths, but more importantly, the player skills were matched.

In the end, we went to time, and the Marath, Will of the Wild deck won, but it didn't matter, because each player held the game for a bit, saved the game at least once, and contributed in a meaningful manner.  There was lots of laughter and oohs and aahs throughout that game.  I know that after that game, I ended up building my own Marath deck, modeled on what I saw of that guy's deck.

Most games of Magic I have played - commander or otherwise, before and after that game - feature wide variance in deck compatibility, player skill, and contribution to the game, even among friends in a known meta. 

This one game, though, might be the pinnacle of my game experiences in a long time of playing Magic.

Whether or not this is good or bad, I don't know.

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Banging and (spell) slanging!
  • Decks
« Risposta #110 il: Marzo 08, 2021, 04:09:04 pm »
Got to play the other day with some friends, we played several games. Other than my wins with my favorite Sidisi deck, the most fun game was with my newly unretired OG Purphoros deck.

I essentially was a non-factor for the first 8 or so turns. All I had done was cast Norin the Wary and ended up having to discard to hand size a few turns. I kept a three land hand and just could not draw any ramp or lands to save my life. I was such a non-threat I was left alone until I drew a fourth land. That turn I cast Purphoros. Norin did a little bit of damage on the turn around the table with the Purphoros trigger everytime he re-entered the battlefield. My next turn I drew a land, played it and played Panharmonicon.

That turn around the table he really did some damage. I started getting attacked and man, it hurt. I got down to 11 life. Luckily everyone else was in the single digits. They realized they were all dead before that next turn around the table just from the damage Norin would do to them with both Purphoros and Panharmonicon out. The first player cast a spell to try to help the others and he did some damage to me. He died on his end step when Norin came back into play. The next guy was top decking and drew a land. He attacked me for 4 hoping the other guy would be able to do the last 7 to me. He died on his endstep. The next player thought he had me. He was playing a blue control shell and thought he had me. He cast a single target Cyclonic Rift targeting Purphoros. I responded by casting Shunt and changing the target to his Teferi, Master of Time which was about to ultimate. He scooped at that point as he was dead on his endstep.

Honestly I won because of poor sequencing on the last players part. Had he ultimated Teferi and then overloaded Cyclonic Rift he had me. I asked him why he didn't overload Cycolnic Rift. He said he was holding open the other mana to cast Nexus of Fate just to make sure he had enough combat steps to kill me (he only had one 2/2 out) but once I Shunted his Cyclonic Rift he was dead on his endstep to Norin re-entering the battlefield so it didn't matter at that point.

Overall a fun day of Magic, but some of our plays were less than optimal and you could tell we were rusty from not getting to play much the past year.
« Ultima modifica: Marzo 08, 2021, 04:11:58 pm da WWolfe »
This space for rent.

WizardSpartan

• Red_Wyrm's boo
  • Decks
« Risposta #111 il: Marzo 25, 2021, 03:58:05 am »
I just had the craziest game with my Ayara, First of Locthwain deck.  Opponents were Evra, Halcyon Witness; Melek, Izzet Paragon; and Depala, Pilot Exemplar.

Early on, I got a Carrion Feeder, Zulaport Cutthroat, and Ayara out.

The Evra player got an early Mother of Runes, and Melek came out quick because Sol Ring things. Luckily, I had a pretty devastating Mire in Misery. After a few somewhat uneventful turns consisting of us setting up and me doing some draining.

Then, I drew Army of the Damned. At this point, my opponents were at ~30 life, and if Army resolved, the life I would have drained from 13 zombies entering & leaving the battlefield (Carrion Feeder sac + Zulaport Cutthroat drain) and various other extra creatures would have won me the game. Unfortunately, I didn't have enough mana. It's fine, though. Ayara was drawing me an extra card a turn cycle, so I was hitting my land drops. I bided my time, and in a couple turns, I had my chance.

The blue player was tapped out, so I figured I was in the clear. I turned all my mana sideways and went for it.

Evra player: Mana Tithe.

Mana Tithe?

Mana Tithe??

I can't even be mad, tbh, although the next turn was difficult. The Evra player had Evra in play and Whispersilk Cloak equipped to her. I was able to do enough damage to avoid getting one shot by Evra, but they still smacked me for 19, and we were in dire straits.

But then, the Melek player revealed an Invoke the Firemind on the top of their library, and cast it for x=8. Melek copied it once, and the Swarm Intelligence they had out copied it again, dealing a total of 24 damage to the Evra player at 23 life.

So it came to my turn again, and I top decked probably the most fun card in my deck: Bolas's Citadel. I'll be honest, I love the card so much. Probably too much, tbf.

I began the turn at 23 life, and my 2 remaining opponents had ~25 and ~30 life, respectively. I played a bunch of cards and did a bit of drain with Ayara. Notably, I got a Sengir Autocrat & Nightmare Shepherd (probably my 2nd favorite card). I dropped all the way to 2 life on my citadel spree, but to the utter disbelief and dismay of my opponents, I managed to kill them that turn. Apparently, looping Sengir Autocrat, making a bunch of Serf tokens, and saccing them to win with Ayara and Cutthroat does a lot of damage. (There's also a bit of irony in a noble using serfs to win the game, I suppose)

BoBWiz

• Decks
« Risposta #112 il: Marzo 27, 2021, 02:51:36 pm »
Suddenly I realized an infinite combo.

I was playing a 5C legendary Deck, featuring Sisay, weatherlight captain and jegantha, the wellspring as a companion.
Sisay was killed last turn so I played Teshar, Ancestor's Apostle and use Kethis, the Hidden Hand's ability to cast a former countered mox amber from the graveyard to trigger teshar and gain back Sisay.

Cause of the legendary rule I'd to sac a second mox amber. So I flooded a mana and cast the sacrificed mox again. Suddenly I realized: I got infinite mana, by casting and sacrificing the two mox again and again!

With Sisay I got all Legendary creatures from my library onto the battlefield including Samut, Voice of Dissent, Kenrith, the Returned King  and Odric, Lunarch Marshal.

Infinite life, infinite cards and infinite +1/+1 counter = instant win.
« Ultima modifica: Marzo 27, 2021, 02:59:02 pm da BoBWiz »

Slyvester12

• Decks
« Risposta #113 il: Marzo 27, 2021, 03:45:42 pm »
Wait, how did you go infinite? Kethis' ability only applies to cards in the graveyard at the time the ability resolves, so you'd have to exile two more legends for every time you wanted to cast Mox Amber.
Elves and infect are the best things in Magic.

BoBWiz

• Decks
« Risposta #114 il: Marzo 27, 2021, 04:14:40 pm »
I'd exile a flagstones of trokair and a urza's ruinous blast that were in my gy. Then all legendary permanents got: "You may cast this from your gy".
But may you're right. May just the cards that are in the gy when the ability resolves got it.
In that case I am a lucky cheater with a free win :D

Slyvester12

• Decks
« Risposta #115 il: Marzo 27, 2021, 04:35:25 pm »
 Yeah, if you check under rulings for Kethis on gatherer, there's a ruling for 7/12/2019 that reads:

"Kethis' last ability affects only legendary cards that are in your graveyard at the time it resolves. Legendary cards put into your graveyard later in the turn won't gain the ability. If you play a legendary card and it returns to your graveyard, it won't have the ability anymore."

So, unfortunately, you have to exile two new legends each time you want to recast Mox Amber.
Elves and infect are the best things in Magic.

BoBWiz

• Decks
« Risposta #116 il: Marzo 27, 2021, 04:36:21 pm »
OK, I am a lucky cheater.

Federico Rosano

• Decks
« Risposta #117 il: Aprile 06, 2021, 12:38:30 pm »
Talking about luck: I had so much fun with the Unstable Set. The dice deck I made is so unpredictable, I love it.

https://deckstats.net/decks/88072/1374436-unlucky-deck-ft-unstable-set-

ApothecaryGeist

• Decks
« Risposta #118 il: Aprile 06, 2021, 02:43:21 pm »

Cause of the legendary rule I'd to sac a second mox amber. So I flooded a mana and cast the sacrificed mox again. Suddenly I realized: I got infinite mana, by casting and sacrificing the two mox again and again!

Also ...

Not sure where you got 2 Mox Amber.  Regardless of that, The legend rule is not a sacrifice effect.  It is a state-based action.  No player gets priority.  So you cannot tap for mana.
Happy Brewing!
:)

Aetherium Slinky

• Rules Advisor
    • reddit.com/r/jankEDH
  • Decks
« Risposta #119 il: Aprile 11, 2021, 03:22:33 pm »
That game last night where I drew a blue land, Sol Ring, Ancient Tomb and Arcane Signet. Resulted in a turn two Consecrated Sphinx. Needless to say I won the game with sheer card advantage and comboed off a couple of turns later. Big mana, big draws, a nut opening hand.
Come brew some jank with us!
https://www.reddit.com/r/jankEDH/