deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Games you've enjoyed  (Read 49574 times)

BoBWiz

• Decks
Re: Games you've enjoyed
« Reply #120 on: April 13, 2021, 10:57:41 am »
"Not sure where you got 2 Mox Amber.  Regardless of that, The legend rule is not a sacrifice effect.  It is a state-based action.  No player gets priority.  So you cannot tap for mana."

I guess my english isn't that great and we figuered out it wasn't an invinite combo anyways, but ...

just to make it clear:

Got a mox amber on board - tap it for mana - cast a new one - hold the new (untapped) one - tap it for mana (and than start cheating by repeating this).

best

TropicalBoi

• Bears, Beets, Battlestar Galactica
  • Decks
« Reply #121 on: April 13, 2021, 07:00:04 pm »
Played a game last night.

Friend had a 64/64 Hamletback Goliath.

I kill it with Grisly Spectacle.

He only has 60 cards left in his deck (I was milling him a lot).

The Scarab God Mill Prevails once more!

paramerius

• I want both my kidneys, so budget for life!
  • Decks
« Reply #122 on: April 19, 2021, 07:51:26 pm »
I would pick two games without much thinking.

First was at M13 prerelease when we were almost terminated. It was such a cold war that i won with literary last card in deck - Volcanic Geyser that was cast or 18 mana. 18! We used almost every inch of the table, and when the other gut attacked me once it took I think 10 minutes to finish that combat phase.

Second was the best EDH game ever. Two-headed Giant EDH with Shirei, Shizo's Caretaker reanimator and Oviya Pashiri 1-mana-tribal on our side and Avacyn, Angel of Hope control/voltron with Mirko Vosk sheananigans decks on the other side of the table. For quite the number of turns we were sitting on 1 HP, and the other side had been dealt 30 commander dmg by Oviya Pashiri. The tension was very high.
I want both my kidneys, so budget for life!

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Banging and (spell) slanging!
  • Decks
« Reply #123 on: April 20, 2021, 05:59:28 pm »
Games I've enjoyed...

just being able to play in person the past few weekends has been more enjoyable than I really think it was beforehand.
This space for rent.

Aetherium Slinky

• Rules Advisor
    • reddit.com/r/jankEDH
  • Decks
« Reply #124 on: May 13, 2021, 03:21:05 pm »
Yesterday I got a pretty funny win. I was playing Medomai the Ageless. Got to nine mana, had two turns after another. First turn I cast Approach of the Second Sun. In response to it I cast Narset's Reversal. I let the copy resolve gaining me seven life and then on the following turn I cast the Approach of the Second Sun normally winning me the game. I even told my opponents "you've got one turn left" but they couldn't do anything. So that happened. Thanks for reading.
Come brew some jank with us!
https://www.reddit.com/r/jankEDH/

ApothecaryGeist

• Decks
« Reply #125 on: July 18, 2021, 07:21:49 pm »
 8)   Ultimated Mordenkainen for his emblem at the prerelease today.   8)
Happy Brewing!
:)

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Decks
« Reply #126 on: July 18, 2021, 07:29:00 pm »
We played some games while waiting on the prerelease yesterday and I saw something happen that was absolutely hilarious. Guy uses Hermit Druid on turn 3 with 2 mana dorks on the board, dumps his whole library into the graveyard, goes to cast Dread Return for flashback from the graveyard targeting Thassa's Oracle. In response to the Dread Return another player activated Temple Bell causing everyone to draw a card. The Thassa's Oracle player looked like he wanted to flip the table when it set in he had just lost.
This space for rent.

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
« Reply #127 on: July 18, 2021, 08:11:13 pm »
In response to the Dread Return another player activated Temple Bell causing everyone to draw a card. The Thassa's Oracle player looked like he wanted to flip the table when it set in he had just lost.

Someone did it! It finally happened.

Aetherium Slinky

• Rules Advisor
    • reddit.com/r/jankEDH
  • Decks
« Reply #128 on: July 18, 2021, 08:12:19 pm »
In response to the Dread Return another player activated Temple Bell causing everyone to draw a card. The Thassa's Oracle player looked like he wanted to flip the table when it set in he had just lost.

This is precisely the reason why I play Disallow!

Slyvester12

• Decks
« Reply #129 on: July 18, 2021, 09:00:47 pm »
What idiot dumps their library with no protection and a Temple Bell on the board?
Elves and infect are the best things in Magic.

Aetherium Slinky

• Rules Advisor
    • reddit.com/r/jankEDH
  • Decks
« Reply #130 on: July 18, 2021, 10:13:02 pm »
What idiot dumps their library with no protection and a Temple Bell on the board?

I don't know but we played two low/mid power online games today with Morg, Morg's friend and another friend of mine. The first game revolved around Morg resolving a Possibility Storm, Bolas's Citadel and Sensei's Divining Top into Aetherflux Reservoir. I kept a list of my deck nearby so that I was able to see what my options were. Counterspells...pretty useless unless you hit an instant speed removal spell instead. My Negate turned into a Path to Exile targeting Morg's Mishra, Artificer Prodigy but it wasn't quite enough to stop the Citadel and Top. I had hoped to hit Anguished Unmaking / Chaos Warp / Generous Gift or anything that could target the Citadel.

The second game was rather interesting. We were playing Brudiclad, Telchor Engineer (Morg), Braids, Conjurer Adept (Morg's friend), Wasitora, Nekoru Queen (that other friend) and Kami of the Crescent Moon (me). Early on the game revolved around Dragon Tempest and Terror of the Peaks. I wasn't really that scared because I was mostly left alone. I did get a Curse of Opulence cast on me so people did attack me for some sweet Gold tokens but nothing serious. We did see an Urza, Lord High Artificer and 10+ Myr tokens being tapped for mana. Braids player was afraid of casting Braids because of Terror of the Peaks and the game entered a weird back-and-forth phase. For a good while it looked like Morg was going to come out ahead with a billion tokens and a token copy of Terror of the Peaks. Terror of the Peaks got removed but Chancellor of the Forge made 10 Goblins and the game was back on with Brudiclad turning the Goblins into Urza's Constructs (they get +1/+1 for each artifact you control) thus letting Morg to swing with the nearly twenty Constructs that were 23/23s. Two players out (Braids and Wasitora), I was left at 3 life. All I had was a bunch of mass bounce spells and Iron Maiden. Somehow I managed to hold onto my lowly life totals by copying a creature to act as a blocker, use Maze of Ith and mass bounce. Morg even tried to foil my plans by casting two wheels in a row but to no avail. Game finished: Morg drew some cards, got hit by a Flood of Tears where I slammed Iron Maiden back down dealing the last 15 damage to Morg in their upkeep. Thus ended the story of the little Kami that could.

Loaded Shaman

• Muscle Mage
  • Decks
« Reply #131 on: July 19, 2021, 06:46:25 am »
Played a game last night.

Friend had a 64/64 Hamletback Goliath.

I kill it with Grisly Spectacle.

He only has 60 cards left in his deck (I was milling him a lot).

The Scarab God Mill Prevails once more!

Awesome. Reminds me of why I always keep a Polymorphist's Jest ready in my main modern decks; I love that look when I drop their entire defense down to 1/1 creatures then hit them with something like Simic Sky Swallower and Terra Stomper for trample from above and below. Favorite!

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Decks
« Reply #132 on: July 19, 2021, 06:48:22 am »

It was a newer guy to the shop, he just had started coming around before Covid hit. Not sure how long he’s been playing but it was totally bonehead play. I’m just glad I was there to see it.
This space for rent.

entropize

• Decks
« Reply #133 on: July 19, 2021, 06:56:35 am »
My favorite game was against a friend online, he had a token deck with several hundred tokens in play due to swarm scute and multiple land searchers. He even said good game at the end of his turn. My turn rolls around and I played massacre wurm.  I remember this other game against this one friend of mine. I was playing a token deck and had a protective wall. He played this annoying combo that involved boros reckoner with two other cards that included boros charm and 2 blasphemous act. Needless to say my token generator wall was meaningless and ended up backfiring.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2021, 07:01:25 am by entropize »

Elan Morin Tedronai

• Modern Tribal Combinations!
  • Decks
« Reply #134 on: July 19, 2021, 08:38:25 am »
Contrary to the millers, I love playing my Pheres Centaur Pagony, especially with Loaming Shaman, that goes against all the mill technique. Basically cards like him and Elixir of Immortality just make the whole process for me totally senseless. Also, I love playing with my Countering Innistrad Vampires which are very menacing deck with a lot of Lightning Bolts (ok, full set) and good Terminate, that I love sporting and playing at FNMs. However, I am sick from epilepsy, was twice, maybe thrice sick from COVID-19, got vaccine and it might be full month or 2 months since I've last been at FNM. I also like playing with my Duel Knights that are riding Lions, if you know the flavor of the art of some of those cards like Kabira Vindicator, Ethercaste Knight, Citadel Castellan, Rafiq of the Many, and others (less) like Knight of the White Orchid, Valiant Knight and Sigiled Paladin. It's probably my third or second most favorite deck with "Militia Warbandry" type of Tribal that's like Soldiers, Knights, Vampires, Goblins, Warriors and Elves of course. I count those like Minotaurs, Satyrs, Shamans, Centaurs and the least "footmen" deck that's Drakes, for which people here gave 31 stars, and for which I'm honored and even had a joyful interview with the guys from Goldfish. I'm in a "brewing mode" even now and I'm building 3 or 4 new decks, that are in my gallery as well, but I haven't bought any Ninjas and Hydras, while I intend to make such decks until the end of the year and hopefully the end of this pandemic. See if you like some of my decks and feel free to get inspired from my "Tribal" approach, but it's just me: I just don't make any other decks than in Tribal mindset or a serious mechanic like Adaptive Enchantment, which I received as a present for my birthday 2 years ago, but I "enhanced" and "imploded" with a lot of new cards, including the recent editions of Theros and Eldraine where I found Chulane, Teller of Tales, Siona, Captain of the Pyleas and Eutropia the Twice-Favored. I just don't make other decks apart from Tribal approaches and I rarely play competitively or tied for money. I just can say that probably: yeah, I have "answer for everything", but I certainly despise the mill mechanic and I think that cards like Loaming Shaman, Elixir of Immortality and Clear the Mind as more blueish totally senselessly and meaninglessly "trashcan" all the mill provisional technique and success in it. The brightest games are even those not played by me: I give the Centaur deck to a person, who doesn't like the mill and my friend teaches a lesson at the FNM. Kidding, but yeah, I might say so: I have good "answers for everything" on the table. No: I don't stand chance against Eldrazi Tron or Snapcaster Mage with a lot of power and control, including "tutors" and painful discards. I make good synergies with the Tribality, but I'm not limitless and at FNMs I'm mostly: 2-4 or 3-3, rarely 4-2 at the end of the night. So, I rarely win, but I certainly enjoy my games, when I play of course. I intend to get back at the LGS somewhere after the summer, but I don't feel very well and I'm taking my time at the moment.
Regards:
Chavo