English-language Forums > General Magic

Games you've enjoyed

<< < (31/47) > >>

robort:
This isn't a commander game I just played recently but I thought I would mention it. Normally our playgroup plays on Saturday and this Saturday coming up I had to work so I couldn't play. Figure what they hell why not and just do a draft on Friday night which I haven't done in a long long time. Short version it was match 2 game 2 and I attacked my opponent. He blocks taps 3 mana to give his creature deathtouch. Both our creatures die and then I just out right reply "That is it? I play so much commander I was expecting something more when you paid 3 mana". I had totally forgot what it was like playing limited. His reaction of course was priceless because he had a puzzled look on his face when I said it. I won that game though and the match while ending up going 2-1 in the draft.

Morganator 2.0:
Have I ever mentioned how much I like Possibility Storm?

Last night I was playing Vaevictis Asmadi, the Dire. Possibility Storm was out and someone had just flipped into Teferi's Puzzle Box. When my turn came around, I put 11 cards on the bottom and drew a new 11 cards (incidental draw from Wandering Archaic gave me that many cards).

Now, important detail with Teferi's Puzzle Box: the cards are put on the bottom in any order of your choosing. I intended to take advantage of this and stacked those cards accordingly. My plan for my next turn? Flip through my entire deck until I find those cards on the bottom.

Come my turn, the first spell I cast is Sarkhan Vol, which flips into Garruk, Primal Hunter. I knew I had only a few planeswalkers in this deck, so that got me about 3/5ths of the way through my deck. I cast an enchantment to get me another enchantment, and I'm now most of the way through my deck. Then I start casting artifacts. First artifact, gets me a second. Cast myself another artifact, flip into a different one.

Casting the last artifact in my hand. Flipping really far, tension is high, I'm hoping to get into the cards I tucked with Teferi's Puzzle Box... and I do. I cast Bolas's Citadel off of the top of my library. I then pay 10 life to use Bolas's Citadel and cast the next spell I had put there; Primal Surge. Win.

Aetherium Slinky:
Played a three-person commander game last night. It doesn't even matter what they played because my Kami of the Crescent Moon group draw & control deck just poppped off. I just had or drew all the pieces.

Got a really good hand with Forced Fruition, Mind Over Matter and mostly lands. Play Kami on turn 2, draw into Sol Ring, play that on turn 3. I drop a Folio of Fancies in anticipation of the next turn: come turn 4 I cast Forced Fruition. Both opponents play a spell but sadly the second one is a Nature's Chant targeting my Forced Fruition. Away it goes... But my opponents do still have 15 cards in hand!

My first spell of turn 5 is Mind Over Matter. With that I cast a Mystical Tutor finding Recurring Insight to the top of my library. Then I Windfall getting me a fresh grip of cards plus Recurring Insight. Discard four lands to untap some stuff (2x Sol Ring, 2x Island) and cast Recurring Insight getting me another 15 cards. Pass turn.

Ghave, Guru of Spores tries to go infinite with Ashnod's Altar. Negate to the rescue! Obuun, Mul Daya Ancestor tries to remove my stuff with a Crush Contraband but a lovely little Counterspell made sure none of that happened.

So there I am, resolving my Recurring Insight's rebound and wondering what I'm going to do. (My opponents have ~15 cards in hand, I have ~20 after the rebound.) Then it hit me: I can't make my opponents draw too many cards but I can make myself draw some cards. Time to drop Toothy, Imaginary Friend. Then drop Jace, Wielder of Mysteries. Finally I play Mystic Sanctuary putting Recurring Insight back on top of my library. Draw it with Jace, play it and put a ton of counters on the Toothy. I have a little over 30 cards left in my library. Discard a bunch of cards; play both Teferi's Ageless Insight and Evacuation to bounce all my creatures where Toothy triggers and draws me 2x18 cards. And that's the game. Thank you for reading.

ApothecaryGeist:
I lost the game.  But my deck won the game!

I was playing The Haunt of Hightower.  After a good start, the sultai player cast Culling Ritual.  This blew up all my mana rocks.  Now I'm very stunted.  Sultai player also has a Xanathar, Guild Kingpin.  He targeted me first.  Gets K'rrik first.  Now he targets me each turn as none of the other players are in black.  Each turn, with K'rrik's help, he's able to peel two or three cards from my library.  He gets Liliana, Waker of the Dead; Tergrid, God of Fright; Noxious Gearhulk.  Just to name the biggies.  He ultimately wins. 

It was actually enjoyable to watch my deck wreak havoc all while I was a bit mana locked and barely relevant.  8) [size=78%] [/size]

WWolfe:
Was playing some commander the other day and had something funny happen. One opponent casts Cyclonic Rift for the overload cost. Opponent two casts Delay targeting Cyclonic Rift. So game proceeds, the final time counter comes off Cyclonic Rift and the caster says "overloaded Cyclonic Rift". The look on his face when we explained to him that he couldn't cast it for the alternate cost since it had been Delayed was hilarious. He moaned about paying seven mana for a Rift that was delayed three turns to only be able to single target bounce something. He scooped and left.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version