deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Autor Tema: Games you've enjoyed  (Leído 49498 veces)

CleanBelwas

• Decks
Re: Games you've enjoyed
« Respuesta #195 en: Noviembre 13, 2022, 08:12:41 pm »
Shout out to how many times Chaos Warp has created a story that has appeared in this thread.

Card is so much fun.

Aetherium Slinky

• Rules Advisor
    • reddit.com/r/jankEDH
  • Decks
« Respuesta #196 en: Noviembre 15, 2022, 11:06:12 am »
1v1, I was on Kami of the Crescent Moon and my friend was on Kozilek, Butcher of Truth. Now, this Kozilek deck is really powerful. Infinites, Kozilek on t5 is not unusual and that annihilator in 1v1 is really oppressing. I drew into a decent hand with some draw spells and counters. My friend tried to push through but between my draw and counters I was able to stop the most crucial moves they did. I was also able to copy my Psychosis Crawler and slowly chipped away until a well timed draw doubler + Consecrated Sphinx synergy combo which made me draw tens of cards per rotation making pushing through my counters impossible. I won the game and I was really proud of what I achieved.
Come brew some jank with us!
https://www.reddit.com/r/jankEDH/

Landale

• Decks
« Respuesta #197 en: Noviembre 16, 2022, 02:39:57 am »
Played a 3 way game since our 4th hasn't been available for a while. I'm using Delina, Wild Mage the others are running Willowdusk, Essence Seer and Ashaya, Soul of the Wild.
The first few turns they're mostly ramping, Willowdusk also got a Trudge Garden out quick and made a couple tokens off it on their fourth and fifth turns, I get a Mountain out each turn. I get a turn 1 Sol Ring, turn 2 Delina, turn 3 Hazoret's Monument and swing at Willowdusk, getting only one Delina copy for 6.
Turn 4 I tap out to drop in the Ancient Copper Dragon, pitch Shiny Impetus and luck into a 4th Mountain. Drop it, use it to cast Barbarian Class then swing with Delina again copying the Ancient Copper Dragon 5 times before the die fail me. All 33 damage going to Ashaya because they're likely to go off next turn with the mana they've got. I proceed to make about 60 treasures and use some of it to max out Barbarian Class, drop Vengeful Ancestor, Crucible of Fire, and finally Fanatic of Mogis killing Ashaya.
Willowdusk plays Reckless Spite on their turn, targeting the Ancient Copper Dragon and Fanatic of Mogis, buffs up one of those 4/4 tramplers and swings in at me and I just take it.
I manage to draw a Gadrak, the Crown-Scourge on my turn and play it, and swing with it while managing to make four copies along with giving Delina Menace and +8/+0, and the Vengeful Ancestor as well. for a total of 57. With Willowdusk tapped and only one untapped token from the Trudge Garden, they had no choice but to take it all and lose.

Delina is probably one of my favorite decks lately, just because she does stupidly excessive things like that as often as she falls flat on her face. Keeps games from being too predictable, while still having a pretty good chance at doing something amusing.

SeraphimRisen

• Decks
« Respuesta #198 en: Noviembre 16, 2022, 08:36:42 am »
Had a game a few weeks ago. Stock decks, no modifications.

friendly game w/ a close friend.
Mind Flayarrrs vs Necron Dynasties.

I was down to 8 life against her 30ish. Almost out of cards, out of options.

Pull out that card (forget its name) that mills 14 cars. Pull back my Nemesis of Reality, mill 10 more... By the time I finished my turn, she'd milled 42 cards and had 2 in deck. Sadly, I had no way to mill the last 2 before passing my turn and got absolutely crushed as soon as it was her go.

I lost but it was absolutely fun to do it.

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
« Respuesta #199 en: Noviembre 22, 2022, 03:38:08 am »
I had two intesting moments a few nights back.

First, I died from commander damage... from my own commander. One opponent cast Zealous Conscripts to gain control of Licia, Sanguine Tribune and attack me. The next opponent played Cursed Mirror to copy Zealous Conscripts and hit me again. It was a good play, I had both Near-Death Experience and Necropotence on the battlefield so I was about to win.

Next game start slow. Everyone keeps their starting hands and they're overall happy with their hands. I go first, and the other 4 players' first two turns are "land, pass". So on my turn 3...

Morganator 2.0: "So, is everyone happy with their starting hands?"
Jedit player: "Don't you dare."
Morganator 2.0: *slowly raises a card*
Jedit player: (softly) "Don't you fuckin' dare."
Morganator 2.0: I cast Windfall.

Bonethousand

• Decks
« Respuesta #200 en: Noviembre 23, 2022, 03:52:33 pm »
Was brought down to 4 life against a Manabarbs and a Dictate of the Twin Gods from a Ghen player, and then The First Sliver player goes to comabt. I respond by tapping two lands and sacking a treasure to cast Tef's Protection, thinking I'm meme killing myself, until the 4th player who was already knocked out goes, "You stacked that right. The protection resolves first."

Sliver player focuses down the Ghen player, cascades out a few more slivers, and then I phase back in on my turn and win with 5 Warstorm Surge triggers. Best accidental win of my career.

CleanBelwas

• Decks
« Respuesta #201 en: Noviembre 23, 2022, 05:39:35 pm »
We finally got an Ashnod card, and she's every bit as fun as I had hoped.

Ashnod the Uncaring. What a gal.

Played my first game with her the other night and for a while I was just doing fun sacrifice for value plays. Killed some stuff, drew like 16 cards in a turn, all the kinds of things I like to do.

Game was dragging on and it was time to close it off so I did a bit of combat to get everyones life total right where I wanted it. Second main I played Bolas's Citadel, sacrificed a bunch of stuff to drain everyone for 10, triggered Ashnod to make it 20 and copied Ashnod's trigger with Strionic Resonator to make it 30. Done and dusted.
« Última modificación: Noviembre 23, 2022, 05:41:56 pm por CleanBelwas »

Landale

• Decks
« Respuesta #202 en: Noviembre 23, 2022, 09:49:41 pm »
I phase back in on my turn and win with 5 Warstorm Surge triggers. Best accidental win of my career.
How did you win exactly? Phasing back in wouldn't trigger Warstorm Surge.

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
« Respuesta #203 en: Diciembre 14, 2022, 09:10:27 pm »
Last night was great. Not only did I get to play Edric for the first time in almost 3 years, it's also the first time I've won entirely from incremental combat damage. No extra turns.

Bonethousand

• Decks
« Respuesta #204 en: Diciembre 16, 2022, 08:04:23 pm »
I phase back in on my turn and win with 5 Warstorm Surge triggers. Best accidental win of my career.
How did you win exactly? Phasing back in wouldn't trigger Warstorm Surge.

Sorry, I meant I phased back in and then executed 5 of them during my turn. I have a Mila, Crafty Companion // Lukka, Wayward Bonder deck that I just try to ultimate multiple times and blink/recur bangers.

If I remember correctly, I played a Terror of the Peaks into the Lukka Emblem, recurred a Breaker of Armies from my graveyard, and then blinked the Breaker of Armies.
« Última modificación: Diciembre 16, 2022, 08:12:15 pm por Bonethousand »

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
« Respuesta #205 en: Febrero 15, 2023, 03:36:42 pm »
Last night I played Creative Technique. After shuffling I said "Someone cut the deck, I don't want to get blamed if I flip into the win condition." So someone cut the deck and I flipped Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker off the top. I win.

Bonethousand

• Decks
« Respuesta #206 en: Febrero 15, 2023, 07:09:01 pm »
I am playing Mayael the Anima and have a massive board state, including a Regal Behemoth, a Seedborn Muse, and a bunch of Old Gnawbone treasures; also I just drew like 15 cards last turn. Giada, Font of Hope player to my left puts an aetherflux reservoir to the stack. So I Mayael into a Gisela, Blade of Goldnight, and flash out a some creatures into a Terror of the Peaks putting the Giada player to 52, and the reservoir resolves. I'm at 34 hp.

The table discusses what to do, and another player suggests using their Vilis, Broker of Blood to kill my Gisela, getting around my Spearbreaker Behemoth (It was a pretty decent lock). They put the 5 -1/-1 triggers to the stack, bringing themselves down to 4. I respond by drawing another full grip off of Return of the Wildspeaker and draw into a Wear // Tear to force action on the reservoir. Everything resolves and suddenly we're all at single digits of hp, but no one is dead.

4th player comes back from another room and is like, "wtf happened?"

CleanBelwas

• Decks
« Respuesta #207 en: Febrero 17, 2023, 12:14:18 pm »
Playing my "Table fun" deck last night.

Two very fun highlights.

The first is my friend and yours, Jumbo Imp. Had the hottest Jumbo Imp rolling of my life. Went like this:

Enters on turn 3: +2. Uh oh. Could be bad.
EOT: -1. Phew. Got away with it.
Upkeep: +6. Boom. Swing for 7.
EOT: -1: Amazing.
Upkeep: +6. 12/12 coming in.
Rest of the game, sat comfortably around 8-12 for the rest of the game.

Other highlight was finally winning with Triskaidekaphobia. It's been a long time in the making. Nice to finally check it off the bucket list.

Just Hidetsugu's Second Rite left on the bucket list for that deck now. Came sooooo close last week. Had a friend at 10. Fired it off. Didn't notice his untapped black mana and he had a Greed in play. The quest continues.

Landale

• Decks
« Respuesta #208 en: Febrero 25, 2023, 07:45:04 am »
Tried something different for once, went to my local store for draft instead of commander. I put together a Rakdos deck, my opponent for the game in question an Azorius deck.
Throughout the game I got a few early hits in and manage two Infectious Inquiry and a Vraska's Fall, they're walling me with stuff like Annex Sentry, Soulless Jailer, and Orthodoxy Enforcer. I build up enough that I can kill them thanks to Hazardous Blast letting me through, they Serum Snare my Chittering Skitterling, the other options being a few Charforger or a couple Chimney Rabble and they didn't want to give me more goblins, leaving them with 1 life. The game then continues to drag out until I'm down to two cards and I pull something I forgot I had, Phyrexian Atlas, and proceed to win by killing them with a mana rock thanks to them having used up their copies of Reject Imperfection earlier.

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
« Respuesta #209 en: Marzo 27, 2023, 05:56:14 am »
I had a lot of fun games over the weekend.

First fun game I was playing Haldan + Pako. I had just cast a player's Twinferno to give Pako double strike and kill that same player. So now alarm bells are going off with the other two players. One of them is gunning to kill Pako. Here's how it went down.

First he casts Chaos Warp. Stubborn Denial for that.

He casts Chord of Calling for 8 mana. I counter it with Memory Lapse. I'm not going to find out what he was going for.

On his next turn he cast Primal Might to give his commander (Raggadragga) a buff to fight Pako. In response I use Decisive Denial to get Pako to fight before the buff comes in.

He's quite annoyed at this point. Noticing that Pako only needs two more damage to be removed, he casts Voracious Hydra with X=2. I cast Seedling Charm to regenerate Pako.

He rage quits. Throws a fit, packs up his cards and leaves. My last opponent casts Whelming Wave. I don't have any more tricks. I lose.

For this next game I was playing Mishra, Artificer Prodigy. If you're seeing this commander for the first time that effect probably confuses you. Just know that he's great with Possibility Storm.

So I cast Possibility Storm, with the plan of casting Mishra next turn, and then finding a way to win the turn after that. The next player's first spell gets flipped into Void Winnower. The game now grinds to a halt. Not only can we not cast even cards from our hand, if we flip into an even MV card off of Possibility Storm we can't cast it. It's trouble. On a later turn I cast Ponder, hoping to flip into something useful. I get to cast Gamble. So I search my deck. Most of my removal is 3 mana, because I like to be able to remove any permanent in this deck. So I pick Vampiric Tutor to maximize my chances, cast it, and get lucky and flip into Crosis's Charm. Without Void Winnower I was able to cast Mishra and then storm off the following turn.

With Brudiclad, Telchor Engineer on the battlefield I cast Dance of Many, copying my opponent's Sheoldred, the Apocalypse. Then I cast Irenicus's Vile Duplication to make a non-legendary copy of Sheoldred. Go to combat, make all my tokens non-legendary Sheoldreds (10 total). Second main phase, I cast Winfall with 8 other cards in hand. That's 160 life lost.