deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Games you've enjoyed  (Read 50324 times)

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Banging and (spell) slanging!
  • Decks
Re: Games you've enjoyed
« Reply #225 on: September 03, 2023, 06:44:46 pm »
Karador Shadowborn Apostles- Ayara, First of Locthwain with Thrumming Stone out, cast a Shadowborn Apostle and Ripple 4 through the rest of my deck putting out 17 Apostles, dealing 17 from Ayara. I got destroyed after that the one remaining player but it was a fun little sequence that I never thought I'd pull off (I thought either Ayara or the Stone would get removed on site because people would see it coming). I forgot how much I enjoyed playing that deck.
This space for rent.

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
« Reply #226 on: January 17, 2024, 02:57:49 pm »
Turn 1: Sol Ring.
Turn 2: Smothering Tithe.
Turn 3: Felidar Sovereign.
Turn 4: Win.

So that was lucky.

ApothecaryGeist

• Decks
« Reply #227 on: January 17, 2024, 10:22:51 pm »

So that was lucky.

After that, did all of your opponents vow to pay for your Smothering Tithe forever more?
Happy Brewing!
:)

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
« Reply #228 on: January 18, 2024, 05:13:03 am »

So that was lucky.

After that, did all of your opponents vow to pay for your Smothering Tithe forever more?

Nah, and it's not like that would have made a big difference. Any ramp spell of mine would have accomplished the same result. It was the lack of removal that screwed them.

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
« Reply #229 on: February 14, 2024, 03:03:03 am »
I had some really good games these past few days. I'm learning a lot about Judith, Carnage Connoisseur.

First, the last ability of Bolas's Citadel makes for a very good win condition. Not used to that; in all my other decks I forget that it has that ability.

In another game I managed to play Judith on turn 4. On turn 5 my opponents had 10 creatures collectively, so I was able to play Revel in Riches and follow it up with Blazing Volley. With the ten treasures I won on the next upkeep.

Landale

• Decks
« Reply #230 on: February 14, 2024, 04:28:37 am »
Was playing a game this weekend using Neera, Wild Mage against Tegwyll, Duke of Splendor, The Scarab God, and Willowdusk, Essence Seer.
The game was not really going my way, I was getting mana flooded and not drawing into anything that would make creature tokens to use the Polymorph from my opening hand to get my Displacer Kitten. The most I had managed to do was get a few spells to draw cards, netting a bunch more lands and a Shifting Shadow, get an Aria of Flame out, and drop Stasis Field on The Scarab God.
Eventually I happened to draw into Chaotic Transformation and used it on a bunch of their stuff and my own Stasis Field since The Scarab God said they'd lay off me for a turn if I got rid of it. I immediately reveal Omniscience, which obviously worries everyone and they beat me as close to death as they can manage.
Next turn I draw into my Displacer Kitten and bait out counters with Polymorph aimed at their stuff and a couple other spells before casting the Kitten, then Neera, and finally Shifting Shadow to set off the infinite Grapeshot loop.

The fact that my deck did what it was supposed to do, and won, wasn't quite what made it so enjoyable as it was just dropping an Omniscience on everyone out of nowhere.