deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Games you've enjoyed  (Read 49528 times)

Red_Wyrm

• I'm the boss of the forums.
  • Decks
Re: Games you've enjoyed
« Reply #30 on: September 02, 2019, 04:05:35 pm »
Faced lethal against a token deck in the next turn (like 40 creatures on his site, while i had no creatures, and no cards in hand), top decked rakdos charm, burned him down, he was kinda mad. i had a good laugh. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

This is THE best thing I have ever heard. I love it.
My King Baby said yes!
I thought you'd never ask
Also, I always spell your name correctly, Red_Wurm.  :)

Please, it is Red

zacem

• Decks
« Reply #31 on: September 09, 2019, 02:02:31 am »
This just happened. Playing Narset, Enlightened Master, opponents don't matter. The battlefield was 7 lands, thousand-year storm, The Mirari Conjecture at 2 lore counters, untaped Izzet chemist. Hand was, mana geyser, mystical touter, negate. Endstep use chemist to exile Fireminds Foresight from my graveyard. My turn, untap, cast touter on my upkeep, finding brass bounty to the top of my library to draw for turn, play mana geyser with 3 copies, use that mana to cast brass bounty, (4 copies) sac the chemist to cast Foresight finding Jayas immolating inferno. At this point with all my mana and storm count, my opponents gave up. I wanted to count the damage, but they needed to leave, so we cleaned up. The game wasn't super close, but I was probably dead in the next 3 turns or so.

MisterDalek

• Waiting for gary in standard
  • Decks
« Reply #32 on: September 09, 2019, 07:26:23 pm »
I was playing Zada against a Feather, Tazri, and Animar. I had absolutely no board presence with ~10 lands, and a Koth of the Hammer on 2 loyalty. I cast Zada and a Goblin Rabblemaster, attacked the animar player for 1 with the goblin token, then won the game. I cast Chaotic Strike on my Zada to draw four cards, and just kept chaining cantrips and rituals until I was able to get three Guttersnipes onto the board with Heat Shimmer and Twinflame. Unfortunately, even with cards like Seize the day I was unable to attack with the huge mass of creatures I had due to the surprisingly large number of lifelinking creatures on the board, but those three guttersnipes combined to deal well over 100 damage by the end of the turn. So that's the story of how I won a game with 9 mana and no board presence. It isn't that surprising for my Zada deck to do things like this in a turn, but it is surprising when I do it out of absolutely nowhere.

I also won the game after this with my Gisa deck by casting Grave Betrayal.

That's it.

Nothing else.

Just Grave Betrayal.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2019, 07:28:28 pm by MisterDalek »
I play black decks.

That's about it.

burn your face

• Decks
« Reply #33 on: September 10, 2019, 12:17:00 am »
I enjoy any/all midrangey topdeck wars. I have been fortunate enough to have quite a few.

Aetherium Slinky

• Rules Advisor
    • reddit.com/r/jankEDH
  • Decks
« Reply #34 on: September 13, 2019, 12:12:24 am »
Dear forum,

Today I had my first "I knew it would come in handy!" moment. I was playing against a full-creature Yarok, the Desecrated deck. The reason for this was mainly Primal Surge and the likes. I was playing my newly brewed Nekusar Burn-Control.

It was a long and grindy game where I played Propaganda, Glacial Chasm and all the goodies. We were drawing four, five cards per turn. Felt like playing Magic. The last nail to the coffin was Torpor Orb that I had decided to include "for the heck of it". It took a while for my opponent to understand the gravity of the situation but eventually it grasped him: there was pretty much nothing he could do against it. I had found the single flaw, the single card that shut his deck down for good.

It was a good play session.
Come brew some jank with us!
https://www.reddit.com/r/jankEDH/

Blong

• Decks
« Reply #35 on: September 18, 2019, 07:57:41 pm »
I have several memorable games of EDH. One of my personal favorites was when I was playing an Athreos Apostle deck. My board was kinda stacked (Few Shadowborns, the cleric that reduces cost of them, remembrance, etc) when someone played Possibility Storm. It then got to my turn, and I played one shadowborn apostle, which then got exiled into another apostle, then I sac it all to get a demon to play it, which remembrance triggered six times. Played another apostle, got a card that put all the apostles in my grave into my hand. Basically, I killed a bunch of people by exiling apostles into demons and more apostles, then killing them. I also had a card that can put those apostles into my library too so I kept the cycle going.

I got to say, that was a once in a blue moon moment. IDK If I can replicate it in another game again lol

Aetherium Slinky

• Rules Advisor
    • reddit.com/r/jankEDH
  • Decks
« Reply #36 on: October 03, 2019, 07:37:57 pm »
Hello forum,

Yesterday I won against a dimir control deck (1v1) with the most convoluted combo and it felt good: I had a Decree of Silence that I was able to recur using Hall of Heliod's Generosity and finally closed the game with Solemnity. Someone said that's not a wincon but I beg to disagree!

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
« Reply #37 on: October 03, 2019, 10:09:36 pm »
Decree of Silence + Solemnity is basically a hard-lock. It's a win-con.

Aetherium Slinky

• Rules Advisor
    • reddit.com/r/jankEDH
  • Decks
« Reply #38 on: October 03, 2019, 10:53:14 pm »
It is, but I was also able to recur Decree of Silence for tow, three turns until I drew into Solemnity! It was satisfying, really satisfying. He also had some spells and creatures with abilities so he didn't necessarily have to cast everything so it wasn't really a hard lock. More like a soft lock. I was playing Merieke so he knew his creatures wouldn't stick for very long.

Aetherium Slinky

• Rules Advisor
    • reddit.com/r/jankEDH
  • Decks
« Reply #39 on: January 03, 2020, 11:59:13 am »
Hi forum. Sorry for the double post but I wanted to resurrect this thread.

Yesterday I played a 1v1 game against an artifact based Akiri, Line-Slinger & Reyhan, Last of the Abzan. Setting: he got all the artifact lands and lots of rocks, withering me down to 7 life within the first five or six turns of the game. He even had some extra life. I was both land and rock screwed but didn't want to mulligan down to three, so I had no other choice but to play. It was brutal and I almost scooped. My only line of defense was Myr Battlesphere and the Myr tokens it gave me. My hand consisted of Eerie Interlude.

Cue the fortunate topdeck: Sphinx Summoner. I was able to put it down, fetched for a backup Platinum Angel, waited for his attack not showing my blink plan to him. Blocked with Sphinx Summoner and Myr Battlesphere, blinked the Summoner and Battlesphere with Eerie Interlude, took another two damage from Etched Champion, got tokens from Battlesphere and fetched for Magister Sphinx. Play Magister Sphinx, drop him down to 10, drive everything I have at him and proceed to win with 5 life, the worst hand in a good while and next to nothing on the table compared to his ramp.

This goes to show it's never a good time to scoop until you've truly exhausted all options, even if losing looks inevitable. I know I'm guilty of scooping too early because time is precious to me and I don't like wasting it on games I've already lost. I don't know what kept me going with this game but I'm glad I played it out. I mean, I was a single attack away from death. Thanks for reading. :)

Red_Wyrm

• Decks
« Reply #40 on: January 04, 2020, 12:06:51 am »

Oh my god I am totally stealing this. Thanks MustaKotka for casting reanimate on the thread.
My King Baby said yes!

Please, it is Red

Varatius

• Decks
« Reply #41 on: January 04, 2020, 12:16:58 am »
My favorite game was a couple weekends ago my friend had the ability to drop me out of the game.  She said if I help her out she would let me live as long as I didn't steal the win me being me I said sure.  Well she stole my krrik and accidentally put herself in bolt range when her bf then bolted her.   This gave me the win it came back to me I  etc gotkrrik back on the battlefield then proceeded to drop chained master of dementia with an ashnods altar then drop Gary to win the game.  It wasn't the surprise out of the contract that made me love it it was her response to my win that did all she could say is I should've killed you and that made my day.

Red_Wyrm

• Decks
« Reply #42 on: January 19, 2020, 06:25:32 am »
Is it still casting reanimate if the thread is on the first page of the forum? I don't think so. I'd rather keep my mana for Swan Song and not cast reanimate.

Okay, so Bolas's Citadel is a great card, right? We all know this. It, along with the whole War of the Spark expansion, inspired me to build a Nicol Bolas tribal deck, and first off, the deck sucks, like really bad. My playgroup, however; is tired of the high powered decks of Urza, Yawgmoth, Yisan, Najella, etc, so my friend and I are going back to our old crappy decks, hence my playing this tribal deck. A quick aside, I am pleasantly surprised how  much my deck building skills have grown from building this deck less than a year ago when WotS came out.

Okay, so my friend is playing Niv-Mizzet, Reborn. He casts it and puts Havoc Festival, among other crap, in his hand. He then casts havoc festival and I drop from 28 to 14. I draw Bolas's Citadel and show it off because I am like, "This is exactly what I don't need with a Havoc Festival on the table" and we all give a little chuckle. I cast Slave of Bolas stealing The Ur-Dragon from my mischievous little brother, and swing it at the bitch ass elesh norn player and I swing Nicol Bolas, The Ravager at the Havoc Festival player. With the Ur-Dragon trigger I draw 2 and put down Sepulchral Primordial, and I get Treasury Thrull and Savage Ventmaw. I got Soul Warden too, but elesh norn was out so he died quickly.  Now because I am an ugly ginger, my brother and elesh norn player decide to attack me, bringing my life total down to 4, and I lost both my primordial and thrull and I have 8 lands and a Dimir Signet. Elesh Norn player casts Finale of Glory for x=12 I believe (it was greater than 10 for sure) and so Havoc Festival (the person right before me) casts time wipe. So now the board is empty. No angles, no dragons to worry about. I drop Bolas's Citadel and show everyone my top card because why not. It is a swamp. We all laugh as the card fails me. So I am at 2, my oppoents are 18, 18 and 9. My brother goes, casts the ur-dragon and passes. Now he is at 9.

Now, it is the upkeep of Bitch Ass Elesh Norn players turn. I let the Havoc Festival Trigger resolve. Go to draw phase. He draws a card. Before we get to his main phase, I sacrifice 9 lands and my Dimir Signet, tap Bolas's Citadel and activate an ability that is absolutely horrible and would never be played, that most people (myself included) forget it has. Each opponent loses 10 life.

Oh it was great. That was my fourth win of the night, and everyone was upset at me, but who cares, right?

Also the game before that. Playing Damia, Sage of Stone.
I played a land turn 1 and turn 2. Turn 3 I played Herald's Horn, choosing human to conceal my strategy that will become apparent in a moment. Turn 4 I drop Dimir Signet. Turn 5 I drop Thrumming Stone and the a single Persistent Petitioner. I then proceeded to get every single one out of my deck, except for the other one in my hands no one knew about (in case I fizzled out). So Turn 5 I had 32 petitioners in play and I milled someone for 96, and did the same thing the next two turns to the next two opponents. Mill can win in commander, who knew?
My King Baby said yes!

Please, it is Red

Slyvester12

• Decks
« Reply #43 on: January 19, 2020, 02:15:37 pm »
@RedWyrm

I feel bad, because I think I've already corrected one of your posts in the last few days, but Bolas's Citadel says "nonland permanents."
Elves and infect are the best things in Magic.

Aetherium Slinky

• Rules Advisor
    • reddit.com/r/jankEDH
  • Decks
« Reply #44 on: January 19, 2020, 03:30:11 pm »
@RedWyrm

I feel bad, because I think I've already corrected one of your posts in the last few days, but Bolas's Citadel says "nonland permanents."
I think that was the funny part here. Nobody noticed the second ability partly because he "fizzled" by revealing a land that was useless.