English-language Forums > General Magic

Games you've enjoyed

<< < (2/47) > >>

Aetherium Slinky:
I'm obsessed with janky stuff, so I printed out a playtest proxy for a Taniwha bounce deck. I was against Arahbo, Roar of the World cat tribal and Tatyova, Benthic Druid land(fall) deck.

Tatyova really took off and soon had ~30 lands in play. Cue Sylvan Awakening, "swing for lethal against all". It was the single most glorious Aetherize I've ever played. Tatyova player had a deep "you have to be kidding me" look on his face and said "...yeah, I'll go to discard, this will take a while".

Ended up losing because the Tatyova player was able to cast all the lands back from the grave and smash our faces. But it was still the single most legendary moment, holding that Aetherize, thinking to myself "imagine if they played Sylvan Awakening" - and it happens. The all out attack meant that there was no mana for a counterspell either. Glorious.

https://deckstats.net/decks/93006/1266627-topsy-turvy-phasing-bounce-fat/en

Izzet808:
Played my coin flip deck. Played Combat Celebrant, gave him haste with Hanweir Battlements. Both Okaun, Eye of Chaos and Zndrsplt, Eye of Wisdom was out, and a Klark's Thumb. Equipped Whisper Silk Cloak and then went to combat. Flipped for Zndrsplt first, got 5 coin flips right. Went to flip for Okaun, got 3 coin flips right. I drew 8 cards total and Okaun is at 768 power, unblockable shroud. Attacked my friend to my right with Combat Celebrant and Okaun. I exerted the Celebrant, got my extra Combat Phase. Went to combat, and flipped for Zndrsplt, got 4 flips in a row. Flipped for Okaun and got 4 flips as well. Drew another 8 cards and attacked the last player for 196,608 commander damage, ftw. Very swingy and hilarious.

Other times, I'm satisfied when my deck does its thing, I'm fine with losing. Yet, there are games where an opponent is boasting and I come out of nowhere:
I'm playing my group hug deck, Kynaios and Tiro of Meletis, and had a decent set-up - Ghostly Prison and Norn's Annex with Howling Mine and some other stuff out. Guy to my left played Avenger of Zendikar before, and now played March of the Multitudes at my end step, convoking like crazy. He also had a Doubling Season by the way and so things aren't looking so good. He threatens everyone at the table. He decides not to attack and wait. Now everyone is throwing down as much creatures as they can, but the guy is still like, "next turn I win." No one had a board wipe and now it's my turn. He looks at me and says, "if you can't do anything, I'm going to take you out first." I mean I really didn't have too much creatures. But I did have Insurrection. I stole the game. It was fun.

Marshstepper78:
I was playing my Reyhan, Last of the Abzan and Ikra Shadiqi the Usurper deck. I cast Damnation to wipe the board and in response, to save my stuff, cast Heroic Intervention. I was thinking that I had the game in the bag. My friend countered Heroic Intervention with Pact of Negation. We all lost our creatures. He had 5 lands in play so I cast Beast Within on one of his lands so come his upkeep, he didn't have enough mana to pay for Pact of Negation. He appreciated the play despite being the first one out.

WWolfe:
Playing my Grand Arbiter Augustin IV deck, opponents playing Marchesa the Black Rose, Muldrotha, and Tuvasa. Had pretty much kept everyone in check but had yet to draw my one win condition (Finale of Glory). Marchesa Windfalls, I cast Cyclonic Rift in response. Marchesa sacs some creatures in response (they all had +1/+1 counters on them). Windfall ends up being for 18, I had Smothering Tithe out so got 54 treasure tokens of it (already had 12 so this gave me 66). My turn I cast Teferi, Time Raveler, +1 him, then cast Taigam, Ojutai Master and pass turn. Tuvasa & Muldrotha both spend their turns trying to get some kind of board state going. Marchesa moves to combat and declares attacks (all on me, I was on the throne), I cast Finale of Glory in response for 60 giving me 58 2/2 soldiers & 58 4/4 Angels, Tuvasa goes to counter it with Swan Song but I just point at both Teferi's static ability & Taigam, and they all groan. Marchesa moves to his second main phase and attempts to cast his own Rift, I cast Cryptic Command. At this point they just picked up their cards & started shuffling for the next game.

Marchesa kicked himself the rest of the day for the Windfall. That 18 card draw gave me Taigam, Teferi, Cryptic Command, & Finale of Glory along with enough treasure tokens to cast it for well more than enough to swing out for lethal on the table (it also gave me another counter spell had I needed it).

Firegriff:
In general, I homebrew decks that win their fair share of games.  Some do better than others, and some take more tuning than others, but I love playing other players' custom decks more than Net decks.  It provides better diversity andmore to figure out during a matchup than playing against the same two or three decks over and over again.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version