deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Games you've enjoyed  (Read 49502 times)

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
Re: Games you've enjoyed
« Reply #60 on: February 17, 2020, 06:50:15 pm »
Hermit Druid seems like a weird choice in a Maelstrom Wanderer deck, considering that they both use basic lands and don't use their graveyard. Was there something special about the build?

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Banging and (spell) slanging!
  • Decks
« Reply #61 on: February 17, 2020, 06:53:57 pm »
It struck me as an odd choice too but from what I saw of the deck there wasn't anything that justified including Druid in the deck.
This space for rent.

CleanBelwas

• Decks
« Reply #62 on: February 17, 2020, 07:49:43 pm »
Last night, my buddy cracked Door to Nothingness, targeting himself, because I had Abyssal Persecutor out. Huge flex.

Red_Wyrm

• I'm the boss of the forums.
  • Decks
« Reply #63 on: February 18, 2020, 12:19:43 am »
Last night, my buddy cracked Door to Nothingness, targeting himself, because I had Abyssal Persecutor out. Huge flex.

Would've been funny if someone instant speed removed your abyssal persecutor.

I cast Expropriate today with both of my opponents choosing time. One was playing Zedruu and his entire goal was to be as helpful and nice as possible, so he voted for time, and the other opponent had 8+ plansewalkers in play and knew if he chose money, I'd take his Ugin and wipe his board. Well, I copied Expropriate using Mirrorpool. Again I got 3 time votes. Then I cast it again using Spelltwine. They quit, but I had the game. I copied Ezuri, Claw of Progress and Avenger of Zendikar with Clone Legion and then just pounded them with commander damage as I was able to add 10 +1/+1 counters each combat. They didn't even let me cast my Rite of Replication on Avenger of Zendikar. Man, I would've had more experience counters than the Ezuri player, who had 11.

Oh also, earlier in the game, I cast Rite of Replication on Avenger of Zendikar, which was promptly countered with voidslime by Ezuri. I am the kid's ride home and he does this to me? Well anyway, I used Narset's Reversal to copy the rite and pop it in my hand. Oh, also, the Avenger of Zendikar was on my side because I stole it via Bribery. Then the very next turn he did Cyclonic Rift before I could have fun with my plant army. So he got his avenger back, which, as I previously said, I later copied with Clone Legion and won with 10 turns in a row.

I just recently turned my Nicol Bolas Tribal deck into a clone/theft deck and it is amazing. I played it all night, except for the one higher powered game where I played Urza. It was like playing a new deck each time. Trying to see how you can copy your opponents cards and steal their win cons and win with them is so fun. It is different every game. No one can say your cards are too powerful since you are just doing what they do, albeit better, because Nicol Bolas does everything better. It is really fun. The most fun I have had playing MTG in a long while.

Also, with it I won a game against my own Urza and a cEDH Najeela deck. Urza stifled Najeela long enough to where she was not a threat, and then I was able to copy everything Urza did until I got Bolas's Citadel out, with my top card being Scheming Symmetry, which I promptly used to get Necropotence and cast a bunch of crap until I won.

I learned something, though, do not Aethersnatch your little brother's commander unless you wanna be kicked under the table. I promptly sacrificed it to Diabolic Intent because I felt bad. Also, if I kicked anyone when I was his age, I would have got my mother fucking ass beat. They spanked me so much one after the other that I would go from crying to laughing, and then I would get more spankings because I "thought it was funny." Come to learn years later than crying and laughing are almost identical when it comes to what the brain is doing, and I am sure that is why I went from crying to laughing. My parents go out of their way to not discipline this kid, I swear. Ugh. Okay sorry, just needed to get that rant out.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2020, 09:45:15 am by Red_Wyrm »
My King Baby said yes!
I thought you'd never ask
Also, I always spell your name correctly, Red_Wurm.  :)

Please, it is Red

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Decks
« Reply #64 on: February 23, 2020, 03:50:11 pm »
How did you copy Expropriate using Spelltwine when Expropriate exiles itself after resolution and isn't in the graveyard to be a target for Spelltwine?
« Last Edit: February 23, 2020, 04:08:15 pm by WWolfe »
This space for rent.

WizardSpartan

• Red_Wyrm's boo
  • Decks
« Reply #65 on: February 23, 2020, 04:37:06 pm »
I cast Expropriate today with both of my opponents choosing time. Then I cast it again using Spelltwine.

How did you copy Expropriate using Spelltwine when Expropriate exiles itself after resolution and isn't in the graveyard to be a target for Spelltwine?

Get yourself together, baby. You can't keep making mistakes like these. You're embarrassing the family.

Red_Wyrm

• I'm the boss of the forums.
  • Decks
« Reply #66 on: February 24, 2020, 08:40:22 pm »
Damn. I'm done playing magic.

This thread has done nothing but cause myself embarrassment.
My King Baby said yes!
I thought you'd never ask
Also, I always spell your name correctly, Red_Wurm.  :)

Please, it is Red

Aetherium Slinky

• Rules Advisor
    • reddit.com/r/jankEDH
  • Decks
« Reply #67 on: February 24, 2020, 08:58:46 pm »
Damn. I'm done playing magic.

This thread has done nothing but cause myself embarrassment.

You should post this to the "Games that made me question my loyalty to Magic" thread. Clearly.
Come brew some jank with us!
https://www.reddit.com/r/jankEDH/

Slyvester12

• Decks
« Reply #68 on: March 02, 2020, 04:11:31 pm »
I just had the most fun in a game I've had in a while. For reference, I was playing this Alela deck

https://deckstats.net/decks/132279/1510481-alela-s-myr-buddies/en

and my girlfriend was playing this Mayael deck.

https://deckstats.net/decks/132279/1546694-mayael-big-boi-tribal/en

Now, unfortunately, she was mana screwed for most of the game, but that let my myr durdle engine really shine. She was finally starting to pick up steam and had Mayael suited up with Illusionist's Bracers, so I knew I was on a clock. I had Clock of Omens, Ashnod's Altar, Sword of the Meek, Mystic Forge, Mind Stone, and lands. I sacrifice Inventors' Fair to tutor Thopter Foundry and run the infinite loop, making infinite thopters, colorless mana, and gaining infinite life.

And... I realized I had won. She had no way of beating that. But, the fun part was when I realized I could use my board state to keep exiling cards until I got to Tezzeret, Master of the Bridge, then sac'd Mind Stone to draw him, my last two lands and some of my colorless to play him, and +2 to deal infinite damage.

While the game itself was basically always in the bag, realizing there was a 5 card win combo I hadn't thought of before was intensely satisfying.
Elves and infect are the best things in Magic.

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Decks
« Reply #69 on: March 03, 2020, 03:29:49 pm »
Had a game I really enjoyed the other day that I lost.

Was one of my friends playing his Golos deck, one of my friends play testing his new Ishkanah, Grafwidow deck, and a friend playing his Razaketh deck that he's still upgrading. I was playing my Purphoros deck since it's what I consider a lower powered deck given the playtesting going on. It basically became a battle between the Golos deck and myself. He was the only one that was being able to keep me in check and I was the only one keeping him in check. It went on like that for approximately 45 minutes before he finally hit Mindslaver and locked us out of the game. It was fun having a battle like that but that still involved other people playing and trying to make a dent in the game.
This space for rent.

Marshstepper78

• Decks
« Reply #70 on: March 04, 2020, 10:44:30 pm »
Daretti, Ingenious Iconoclast (me) vs Kiora, Behemoth Beckoner (friend)

I never play Oathbreaker anymore, but my friend and I decided to play a game while waiting for our Commander group to show up. It was one of the funnest games I had ever played and it was one of the grindiest games I had ever been in. Both of us had our moments. Despite losing, it was super fun to see both of our decks perform the way they were designed to.

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Decks
« Reply #71 on: March 07, 2020, 07:41:44 am »
Played some games tonight and definitely had one that was very enjoyable. Playing Skullbriar against Estrid and Dakkon Blackblade. I had been kept in check most of the game and was totally surprised when the Dakkon player didn’t take me out one turn but it bit him in the ass that he didn’t. Estrid player cast Enchanted Evening and I started smiling. Skullbriar had Kaya’s Ghostform on it and I had Bane of Progress in my hand...see where this is going? The Dakkon player floated his mana and then Victimized the Bane of Progress, still leaving me with Skullbriar.

Three turns later Tainted Strike on Skullbriar to knock out the Dakkon player and lethal commander damage on the other player the next.
This space for rent.

robort

• Patron
  • Decks
« Reply #72 on: March 12, 2020, 10:22:34 pm »
I just had a fun interesting game this previous Sunday. Last game of the day and I was running my Marisi Goad deck. It was a 5 person pod so I have on the left of me an opponent dropping angels out like hot cakes,opponent on the right dropping out Ninjas, opponent next to him was burning us with stuff like mana barbs and the opponent across from me had Pramikon, Sky Rampart and making us attack right. So I have to deal with the angels while he doesn't but doesn't have a strong enough board state to damage the angel opponent. Only having Maris on the battlefield with Sandwurm Convergence in hand and have drawn it on turn 4. Conundrum of what to do but wait I do have another creature on the field who attacked last turn and forced the ninja player to attack with all his creatures. This is the fun and imaginative part because with all this going on my creature of all creatures is gingerbrute. Little Gingy I like to call him, so if I am correct I have a 6 inch gingerbread man fighting on my side. So anyway I draw a mother of all cards for my little Gingy. It was blade of selves, I equip it to Gingy and he whispers to my commander "I got this" as he does his little battlecry and realizing after attack there are now 4 of him on the battlefield. I pay 3 mana to make 3 of the Gingy's unblockable because the burn player has no creatures to block with. Significantly this takes him out thanks to the enchantment he put out where everything does double damage and he was down to 2 life. The Ninja opponent takes out the Pramakon opponent now leaving me with the Angles and Ninjas. Angels do massive damage but not enough to kill the Ninja opponent. Has to attack with his angels on ninjas cause of the goading Marisi did when Gingy hit him. I draw into another go to card and that is bedlam. Now nothing can block and I attack with Marisi and Gingy. Ninja player proceeds to pump up my commander giving me 15 commander damage to the angel opponent knowing he will die against the angels. Ninja opponent dies to the angels. I then play out Sandwurm Convergence and go nope no angel damage for you and swing out again dealing 5 more commander damage. He draws and says go and I swing out again, only drew a land this turn and he plays gideon intervention and redirects Marisi damage to one of his angels. He draws goes again, getting nothing and I win on my next swing. All this because of one gingerbread man and his battle cry that I think was "Not the buttons!!"
A legend in my own mind or so what the voices keep telling me

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
« Reply #73 on: March 14, 2020, 02:07:34 pm »
I finally got around to actually making an Urza, Lord High Artificer deck. I'm trying out different cards like Jace, Vyrn's Prodigy and Legacy's Allure.

I used Jace's +1 to de-buff Elsha of the infinite to 1 power, and gained control of it on my opponent's combo turn.

Aetherium Slinky

• Rules Advisor
    • reddit.com/r/jankEDH
  • Decks
« Reply #74 on: March 14, 2020, 02:30:06 pm »
Had a looong drawn out game with Zur the Enchanter and Astral Slide.

Bag of Holding T1. Reliquary Tower at around T10. I have 20-30 cards, he has 2-3. My cards are super narrow and conditional cycling cards, his are kinda big bombs and dangerous combo pieces.

My Magister Sphinx arrives at around T5. My opponent (Breya, Etherium Shaper) keeps cloning it so we're both at 10±5 life. He can't attack me with Thopters due to Ghostly Prison. Breya gains life and pings me, whichever is more dangerous, I fly and blink with Mulldrifter and Cloudblazer. Faith of the Devoted comes to rescue about 5 turns after I tutored for it and gets me the game. This is hands down one of the most interactive 1v1s I've ever had. Lots of removal, triggers, and counterspells flying around. Lots of thinking and decisions, glad I played the game.
Come brew some jank with us!
https://www.reddit.com/r/jankEDH/