deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Games you've enjoyed  (Read 48468 times)

iand099

• Decks
Re: Games you've enjoyed
« Reply #75 on: March 14, 2020, 03:04:36 pm »
This also falls under 'My Favorite Losses', but it was so beautiful I can't be mad about it. 4 Player game where my killer was playing Brudiclad, I was running my lifegain Tymna||Ravos deck. Opponent has Inventors fair and a bunch of clue tokens, but I'm sitting at 50 life with an Aetherflux on board. He keeps looking my way, and I warn him not to tempt fate with a charged-up aetherflux. As soon as I pulled the trigger: He pays the 4 and sacs Inventor's Fair, tutors out Tamiyo's journal, then sacs all the clues to tutor out a disallow, and disallows my aetherflux trigger. I payed all my life for nothing, lol.

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Banging and (spell) slanging!
  • Decks
« Reply #76 on: March 15, 2020, 04:41:08 am »
I produced 62 mana in one turn with my Sidisi deck today. That was fun.  8)
This space for rent.

CleanBelwas

• Decks
« Reply #77 on: March 15, 2020, 09:07:24 am »
So, Dragonstorm is a fun card.

Dragonstorm with a storm count of 9 on turn 5 is even more fun.

Went and got:

Atarka, World Render
Dromoka, the Eternal
Kolaghan, the Storm's Fury
Ojutai, Soul of Winter
Silumgar, the Drifting Death
Karrthus, Tyrant of Jund
Dragon Mage
Broodmate Dragon
Savage Ventmaw

The idea was get the dragonlords that care about number of dragons. Karrthus gives them haste. Broodmate puts more bodies on the board. Dragon mage refills my hand. Ventmaw gives me more mana for second main.

Never got to second main.

Turns out that cycle of dragon lords that care about number of dragons are REALLY good when you have all of them at the same time.

Bolster everyone, +9/+0, double strike, tap blockers or give them -9/-9.

Yea, everyone was dead and Dragonstorm is really fun.

BoBWiz

• Decks
« Reply #78 on: March 15, 2020, 02:40:58 pm »
I played a dimir surveil deck against a mardu deck with a surprising Approach of the secound sun in it. It is sure the second sun will approach a secound time next turn. In my turn I'd digging for one of two counter spells I got in my deck and miss. I got one more draw and the mana for a counter spell and pass. With the sun on the stack, I'd do my last draw, found the counter spell on top, counter Approach of the secound sun and finally won the game.

WizardSpartan

• Red_Wyrm's boo
  • Decks
« Reply #79 on: March 15, 2020, 03:46:10 pm »
It is sure the second sun will approach a secound time next turn.

That's an upvote right there.

I had a game where it was down to me and one other person and they were playing a suicide deck. They had Platinum Angel and Lich's Mirror on the field. They cast Final Fortune, copied it twice with Increasing Vengeance from the graveyard, and proceeded to get 3 extra turns. Before the end of their first, I used Generous Gift on their Angel. Mirror then triggered, resetting the game for them (-20 life). The hand they drew had 0 lands, and they passed to their 2nd turn, drew a card (still not a land) and lost on their endstep.

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
« Reply #80 on: March 19, 2020, 02:30:00 am »
Do you know what my favorite thing about untap.in is? The untap step. Because it's only one button and doesn't leave you pulling your hair out trying to figure out how to declare attackers.

Let me give context...

I entered a game with MustaKotka, WizardSpartan, and a third Deckstats member who may want to remain anonymous (I'll let you speak up). This was my first time using untap.in against people and not just gold-fishing. Shout-out to WizardSpartan for being very patient and showing me the commands and shortcuts of Untap. We started the game. Anonymous played Atraxa, Praetors' Voice, MustaKotka chose Merieke Ri Berit, WizardSpartan picked Alesha, Who Smiles at Death, and I went with The Scarab God.

Choosing that deck was my 1st mistake. I didn't know how to make regular tokens, let alone a 4/4 zombie that's a copy of something else.

Anyway, game starts I have no idea what I'm doing. I'm so used to paper magic that even the simplest things took way more effort than it should have. I struggled to play a land. The size of the cards bothered me because I wanted to read everything. The opponent's fields overlay with each other, making things a little confusing. I one point I accidentally skipped my turn entirely. I kept asking dumb questions. "Hey WizardSpartan, how do you see what cards are in the graveyard?" "You click on the graveyard."

At one point WWolfe came to spectate for a few minutes. I'm sure the reaction was something like this:

Early in the game both MustaKotka and Anonymous got a Rhystic Study. WizardSpartan exiled both of them with Return to Dust. The first big play came when MustaKotka cast Approach of the Second Sun. WizardSpartan and Anonymous had to explain how to tuck a card in 7 cards deep. To deal with the Approach, I searched for and cast Whispering Madness (Approach is now in MustaKotka's hand), ciphered it onto The Scarab God, and then attacked WizardSpartan to re-cast Whispering Madness (Approach is in graveyard).

Then we lost connection. Who would have guessed that a bunch of people stuck in Corvid-19 quarantine would tax the server? Anonymous was in and out, but eventually left the game. It was my turn to make a big play. I had Mikaeus, the Unhallowed on the field. With Scarab God, I exiled and made a copy of Custodi Lich, sac trigger targeting me. Holding priority, I brought back Phyrexian Delver, which brought back Gray Merchant of Asphodel. 10 devotion drain. Then the sac trigger resolved. Sacrifice Gray Merchant, and it comes back (undying from Mikaeus). Another 10 life. I used my turn to try to deal combat damage. Declaring attackers is confusing because there is no "attack" option. You have to manually tap each creature and get each one to target a player.

I seem to also remember casting Nexus of Fate about 3 times (correct me on this if I'm wrong). The first time was from hand, the second time I searched for it, and third time I drew into it from Whispering Madness after a lethal swing against WizardSpartan. MustaKotka countered that one with a Pact of Negation. On Mustakotka's turn they went for the win. Pay for Pact, cast Mind Over Matter, cast Archivist, equip Archivist with Lightning Greaves, use Mind Over Matter to untap Archivist to draw the whole deck and win with Thassa's Oracle.

And that would have been really cool if Lightning Greaves would gave hexproof instead of shroud. The Archivist couldn't be targeted with Mind Over Matter. MustaKotka passed and lost on my turn.

Overall

Untap.in is going to take some time to get used to. Doing things is just way slower than paper magic. On the plus side it was a lot of fun to see how what the other Deckstats member's decks are like. I've heard so much about this Merieke Ri Berit deck that seeing it in action was a real treat. I'd love to do it again some other day. Tomorrow anyone?

Red_Wyrm

• I'm the boss of the forums.
  • Decks
« Reply #81 on: March 19, 2020, 03:54:43 am »
"Hey WizardSpartan, how do you see what cards are in the graveyard?" "You click on the graveyard."

Thank you for this. This made my day. I was like oh it can't get better than this. Then Wwolfe came to spectate, and with that gif, I quite literally let out a good belly laugh and my friend who's house I am staying at was like wtf is wrong with you, and I simply couldn't explain it. I love you all so so much.

Tomorrow anyone?

I just learned my boyfriend, not WizardSpartan, that is my husband, my real bf is clinically diagnosed with schizophrenia, bipolar disorder and psychosis, and I am currently couch surfing from generous friends, so please, a break from the real world would be great. What time?

Edit: I work 10 am to 4:30 pm EST. I don't usually, but with this whole corona thing, I have to cover other people's shifts. And I work in a restaurant. Like every other restaurant in the damn nation closes, but nope, not here. If Covid 19 is all you get here, consider yourself lucky. For legality reasons, I am kidding.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2020, 03:57:10 am by Red_Wyrm »
My King Baby said yes!
I thought you'd never ask
Also, I always spell your name correctly, Red_Wurm.  :)

Please, it is Red

WizardSpartan

• Red_Wyrm's boo
  • Decks
« Reply #82 on: March 19, 2020, 03:53:05 pm »
That GIF bahaha. Very on point there, Morg.

Red baby, if you ever need to talk to someone, I'm there. I know nothing about those disorders you mentioned, but I'm still an ear to talk into. I wish you good luck with that and I hope it turns out in a favorable way for you :)

Slyvester12

• Decks
« Reply #83 on: April 08, 2020, 05:19:27 am »
Decided I should resurrect this thread after a game I played last night. I was playing Scion of the Ur-Dragon against Mayael the Anima and Kalemne, Disciple of Iroas. Mayael got taken out and it was down to me and Kalemne. I board wipe and flashback Unburial Rites on Bladewing the Risen, then used him to grab Karrthus, Tyrant of Jund. I swing and pass. He manages to replay Kalemne, but passes with some mana open. Then, I drew Patriarch's Bidding and get Scion of the Ur-Dragon, Silumgar, the Drifting Death, and The Ur-Dragon. I swing and my friend smiles. He asks what my biggest creature and I say The Ur-Dragon. He slaps down a Mirrorweave and says "All your creatures but The Ur-Dragon die!"

I point out that not only is The Ur-Dragon legendary, so is literally EVERY OTHER CREATURE on the board. Mirrorweave fizzles and I win from combat damage.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2020, 03:37:39 pm by Slyvester12 »
Elves and infect are the best things in Magic.

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Banging and (spell) slanging!
  • Decks
« Reply #84 on: April 08, 2020, 03:17:27 pm »
I'm confused how Mirrorweave was in a Kalemne deck.  :o
This space for rent.

Slyvester12

• Decks
« Reply #85 on: April 08, 2020, 03:36:30 pm »
Oh, woops. I meant Atraxa. Sorry, my friend loves running precons and upgraded precons and he switches between Atraxa, Kalemne, and Mimeoplasm. I got them mixed up because he played all three last night and I had honestly never seen Mirrorweave before. Thanks for the catch.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2020, 03:38:08 pm by Slyvester12 »

CleanBelwas

• Decks
« Reply #86 on: April 18, 2020, 02:48:07 pm »
Playing Scarab God zombies the other night. Vanquishers Banner and Rooftop Storm are fun together. Play a Zombie, draw a zombie. Repeat until you run out and miss. Had 20 zombies by the end, including 5 lord effects, giving everything +6/+5. Lord of the Accursed gave everything menace. Won by dishing out some good old fashioned horde beat downs. Scarab God didn't even get cast. Reminded me of my early Zombie decks from back in the day that I remember so fondly. Just recursion, tokens and lords. Wonderful times.

WizardSpartan

• Red_Wyrm's boo
  • Decks
« Reply #87 on: April 18, 2020, 03:50:20 pm »
Had a fun game with my meme Ishkanah, Grafwidow deck. I got a Panharmonicon out, then played Ishkanah, getting 6 spiders. Next turn, I played Conjurer's Closet, blinking her for 6 more spiders. Then next turn, I casually dropped a Craterhoof Behemoth, doubled it's etb trigger with Panharmonicon, and dealt 412 damage with my spiders. Nice.

Slyvester12

• Decks
« Reply #88 on: May 15, 2020, 08:55:00 am »
I had to dredge this thread up after the game I just played on Arena.

I was playing Bant Yorion Control against what I thought was a Keruga Fires deck, but they never played Fires of Invention or a red land (they did have Chromatic Lantern and the new Narset, though, so maybe), and I was getting BEAT. HARD.

The game started off not great. I couldn't find my early spells, so after an Omen of the Sea and an Uro, Titan of Nature's Wrath, I was topdecking. They played Teferi, Time Raveler, Liliana, Dreadhorde General, Narset of the Ancient Way, and Vraska, Golgari Queen. They were making tokens, sweeping my board, and drawing tons of cards, all while preventing me from saving things because of Teferi.

Around turn 6 or 7, I got an Agent of Treachery and stole the Liliana, netting a couple cards the next turn when they wiped out my Agent and a zombie token. I was at 16 life, they were at 30. They killed Liliana, stacked their board with 5 blockers, including Keruga, and ticked their Vraska up to 10.

The next turn, I played another Agent of Treachery, stole their Vraska, got the emblem, then played a Gingerbrute, made it unblockable, and they conceded.

Best win I've had in a while.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2020, 08:56:36 am by Slyvester12 »

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
« Reply #89 on: May 20, 2020, 07:25:31 pm »
Played a game with some friends over Cockatrice a few nights back. I used Krenko, Mob Boss. My opponents picked Urza, Lord High Artificer, Godo, Bandit Warlord, and the third person chose a deck labelled "Don't forget about this". A little ironic that they forgot. It ended up being Phelddagrif group hug.

On Phelddagrif's turn 1, they played Eladamri's Vineyard.

Me: Oh no!
Urza: Oh no!
Godo: Oh yes!

We all had some crazy turns after that. Urza managed to shoot out a bunch of artifacts. Godo made some prep for his combo turn. I played a Dockside Extortionist that gave me 6 treasure tokens.

On Phelddagrif's second turn they played Noble Benefactor. On their following turn they attacked me with the benefactor. I'm last in the turn cycle so the smart thing would have been to not block it. But I decided that with both Skirk Prospector and Pashalik Mons on the battlefield, with Outnumber in hand, I wanted a challenge. I blocked with a Goblin Token and had Pashalik's trigger destroy the Noble Benefactor.

For my search target, I debated between Thornbite Staff and Mogg Salvage. I settled with the former, and hoped that creature removal would be enough. On Urza's turn they casted Isochron Scepter. In response Godo tried to Pyroblast Urza, but it got delayed. Isochron Scepter resolved, imprinting Dramatic Reversal. Urza activated it, and copied it with Rings of Brighthearth. Phelddagrif's Stifled one of them. I looked at the boardstate and saw that Urza was the only source of blue mana, so I outnumbered him. 1 player's combo stopped.

On Godo's turn they tried to win by casting Godo. Judging by how much mana they had, they were likely going for Hammer of Nazahn, so in response to Godo's enter the battlefield trigger I sacrificed 3 goblins to have Pashalik Mons destroy Godo. 2 combos stopped.

On my turn I cast Thornbite Staff for the win. Everyone was out of interaction.