deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Dinosaur Utopia - Comments  (Read 183 times)

Comment Bot

Dinosaur Utopia - Comments
« on: May 15, 2019, 03:46:18 pm »
Dinosaur Utopia

This topic has been created automatically to discuss this deck.
Dieses Thema wurde automatisch erstellt, um dieses Deck zu diskutieren.

Eucalyptus89

• Decks
Re: Dinosaur Utopia - Comments
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2019, 03:46:18 pm »

Judaspriester

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2019, 04:22:31 pm »
even if we forget about the commander, how shall he pay for the dinosaurs? cmc of 4.5+ but only 31 lands and just 7 additinal cards for ramp/fixing.

besides that, I suggest using Gishath, Sun's Avatar as commander. It doesn't break the tribal idea and has synergies with many other cards in the deck. Besides that, you've got, at least in it's current state, just 4 cards that would have to be replaced by reducing the colors.

about the recent changes, what about Disenchant in stead of Disempower?
You say Prison Cell, I hear 'Holiday'.

Eucalyptus89

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2019, 04:41:28 pm »
The idea with disempower was to try to get out Quicksilver Amulet, however we couldn't think of any cards off the top of out heads in order to pull an artifact from library. Since it says target artifact, we weren't sure on the rulings for pulling from library as very casual players (This would be his first commander deck, and the second I've built, having never had a deck to play commander with yet,) so suggestions to replace for that are very welcome.  Gishath, Sun's Avatar may be a good idea to replace. I'll post changes when they are made.

Judaspriester

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2019, 04:54:02 pm »
then you're misunderstanding something. Disempower puts an Artifact/Enchantment from the Battlefield to the Top of the Library.
What you're looking for is cards like Enlightened Tutor (or in other colors Fabricate, Diabolic Tutor, etc.).

Since it sounds like you're lacking some basics, maybe read this thread:
https://deckstats.net/forum/index.php/topic,42562.html
Some of the more active commander players (including me) added some tips how to build (and trim down) a commander deck.

If you need more help then, feel free to ask, there are some nice guys around here, that like to help. ;)
You say Prison Cell, I hear 'Holiday'.

Eucalyptus89

• Decks
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2019, 07:45:33 pm »