deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [Oathbreaker] mono red superfriends  (Read 273 times)

sousester

• Decks
[Oathbreaker] mono red superfriends
« on: May 15, 2019, 03:55:03 pm »

Cades_Burgers

• Decks
Re: [Oathbreaker] mono red superfriends
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2019, 05:04:46 pm »

sousester

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2019, 06:00:10 pm »
I dont see how it works different with snowcovered mountains instead of normal mountains?

Sandhawk

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2019, 07:55:18 pm »
I dont see how it works different with snowcovered mountains instead of normal mountains?
Extraplanar lens only works for the named land "snow-covered mountain." If an opponent had a "mountain" they would not get the additional mana.

pokeylop

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2019, 02:49:05 am »
Love the idea, been wanting to jam new Sarkhan into a superfriends deck! Some thoughts:

1) Magmaquake is a bit of a nonbo with all the planeswalkers you're trying to run. I would suggest Earthquake instead.

2) 21 lands is not enough to reliably hit land drops up to turn 5, let alone 6 or 7. Would suggest a minimum of 24 lands, probably 25 considering the number of 4 mana spells.

3) As has already been suggested, Snow-Covered lands are advisable if you want to use Extraplanar Lens as it denies your opponents double red mana.

4) I would consider cutting some utility cards for better card selection/ draw. Just 3 or 4 cards like Faithless Looting, Tormenting Voice etc. can go a long way towards making sure you hit land drops and don't have dead cards in your hand.

sousester

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2019, 12:01:45 pm »
I chose magmaquake over earthquake for 3 reasons. With bad luck earthquake can kill you. While magmaqueka cant. Also magma can kill opponents oathbreaker. You need to have your oathbreaker on the battlefield so my PW are always creatures while casting magma.

This is a bit budget list. As the deck progress i will run snowcovered but at the moment they are quite expensive ik my local game store.

I will have a look at the manacurve. Maybe remove the nehebs for some drawspell that you suggested.

sousester

• Decks
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2019, 09:06:31 pm »

Revision 42

Added/removed cards:
+1 Anger of the Gods
+1 Iron Myr

Changed amounts:
-1 (Main) +1 (SB) Chain Reaction
-1 (Main) +1 (SB) Outpost Siege