deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [EDH / Commander] Hallar the firefletcher Kicker and big creatures  (Read 226 times)

thelegend227

• Decks
Copy of: Hallar the firefletcher Kicker and big creatures

This deck is all about the keyword "kicker" you kick a bunch of spells commander gets bigger and bigger deals more damage and then you win... but sometimes everything doesn't go according to plan so as a lifesaver we also have some traditional aggro gruul mana ramp + big creatures tell me what you think in the comments and don't hesitate to give advice i am still new to EDH deckbuilding :-)

Musgoman

• Decks
Re: [EDH / Commander] Hallar the firefletcher Kicker and big creatures
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2019, 01:38:57 pm »
You can't use Thornscape Battlemage because the card have a W color identity. Sorry but u need a replacement XD

robort

• Patron
  • Decks
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2019, 01:50:58 pm »
Great Idea trying to build big creatures along side Haller. I use Haller myself where I focus on the counters and kicking myself. First you need more ramp, having 31 lands is not a good idea. I would bring it to at least 35-37.

Now you could add in Solidarity of Heroes and Forgotten Ancient to give more counters. Now you can add Keen Sense and Snake Umbra for card draw. Kick Hallar, do damage to your opponents and draw cards and snake umbra also saves your commander.

Here is my deck if you wish to take out any ideas.

https://deckstats.net/decks/52552/1211646-hallar-the-firefletcher-under-
A legend in my own mind or so what the voices keep telling me

Judaspriester

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2019, 02:05:50 pm »
Hmm.. the land base seems low budget but clean (no crap like Guildgates). Thats already a good sign. ;)
If you want to improve it, Command Tower and Cinder Glade would be the next steps. Opal Palace and Forge of Heroes could also be interesting for some additional counters on your commander.

All in all, I think you need some more mana/ramp. 2-3 Lands + some cards like Fellwar Stone, Llanowar Elves, Cultivate, Rampant Growth, Elfhame Druid or Grow from the Ashes.

Naturalize could be replaced with Nature's Claim (cheaper) or Return to Nature (more flexible).

Elemental Appeal seems fine on the first look, but I think hes to hard to cast to be worth it.

Rhythm of the Wild would be another great haste enabler.

If you manage to get Hallar stong enough, Mage Slayer could be interesting.

If you want to play a little more risky, you could think about damage doubler like Dictate of the Twin Gods, Gratuitous Violence or Furnace of Rath.
You say Prison Cell, I hear 'Holiday'.

thelegend227

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2019, 02:21:51 pm »
thanks for the advice my mana base i myself find stable because of the fact that i put in so many land searchers and mana boosters and judaspriester i tried to put in rythm of the wilds but for some reason it wouldn't let me (don't know if it's banned) but otherwise your card replacements seems pretty solid i will try my best to incorporate them in the deck. :-)