deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Lord Windgrace .01 - Comments  (Read 329 times)

Comment Bot

Lord Windgrace .01 - Comments
« on: May 17, 2019, 04:05:26 pm »
Lord Windgrace .01

This topic has been created automatically to discuss this deck.
Dieses Thema wurde automatisch erstellt, um dieses Deck zu diskutieren.

mjb3102

• Decks
Re: Lord Windgrace .01 - Comments
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2019, 04:05:26 pm »
I just so happen to be working on a Windgrace deck myself; not sure which way you are planning on going with it (land toolbox, land destruction, landfall, etc.) but I would recommend Assassin's Trophy, Constant Mists, World Shaper, and Ob Nixilis, the Fallen. My deck is still a work in progress, but just from my handful of games those card were very useful :) Good luck!

DeleteriousDagon

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2019, 04:29:46 am »
@mjb3102 Thanks. Those are some solid recommendations.

The decks currently in the construction phase as I need to get the money for it.

But thank you for the advice. Appreciate it.

Renesktun

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2019, 02:43:04 am »
(I have this built)
https://deckstats.net/decks/114139/1135781-lord-windgrace-v1-less-budget/en?revision=4

I would point you towards my V4 of my windgrace deck. The most recent build is a little more expensive and was a testing thing. I have the above built and it's pretty fun to play. I'd look at either list for inspiration.

(more expensive, was testing)
https://deckstats.net/decks/114139/1135781-lord-windgrace-v1-less-budget

I would take out Decimate and put in Casualties of War - it does the same thing, only better.

Before you write off Skull Swarm, consider that your commander can get the lands that he needs to pay for the commander tax when you play him, so if they keep killing and removing him, you can get to 3-4 copies of skull swarm, which... well, it's half your life rounded up if you can't sac a creature... so... with 4 copies, that's 20 life, 10 life, 5 life, 3 life, which puts them at 2 life from starting unless they have a Stifle/Disallow and a counter, or a Time Stop... or Flusterstorm, ect. Narrow answers..

Hope it's helpful. This Commander is the perfect excuse to play 8-9 CMC spells and get away with it. Make sure to have a lot of lands that sac themselves to get lands so that you can take advantage of windgrace's minus ability when you cast him. That way, there is little that people can do to stop you from getting a lot of land and a lot of landfall triggers.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2019, 03:23:03 am by Renesktun »

DeleteriousDagon

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2019, 02:33:15 am »
Snip

Hey, thanks for the input.

I've had a look through your revisions, I quite like a lot of it, and I'll probably take some inspiration and reform the deck a bit.

At this stage my deck is still a very early prototype and any input is welcomed.