deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Chandra Goblin FACE Deck - Comments  (Read 297 times)

Comment Bot

Chandra Goblin FACE Deck - Comments
« on: May 18, 2019, 01:39:10 am »
Chandra Goblin FACE Deck

This topic has been created automatically to discuss this deck.
Dieses Thema wurde automatisch erstellt, um dieses Deck zu diskutieren.

Renesktun

• Decks

Renesktun

• Decks
Re: Chandra Goblin FACE Deck - Comments
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2019, 02:07:02 am »

Clanin

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2019, 07:49:36 am »
I like this idea, have you considered Goblin War Strike?

Renesktun

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2019, 02:08:00 am »
I like this idea, have you considered Goblin War Strike?

I hadn't considered it. I think the idea has merit - it has a big upside -- the potential for it to be a good Fork target is there. The only thing that I don't like about it is that it's a sorcery. If it were instant, I would be on board.

I think the idea of the deck is very much a political one. You're aiming to be the guy that picks off the last 1-2 players with direct damage, since you probably can't get all 4 players. And people know that. But you can use the pressure of Goblin Grenade as a threat to keep people away. Why would they go after someone who can do like half their life total in burn in retaliation to them doing mean things?

Similarly, the planeswalker choice encourages people not to hit it. Like, that's fine if you want to hit it, but that damage from the planeswalker is going to your dome. And if you don't hit it, I'll just basically draw another card each turn.

But getting back to the reason that I don't think I like it.. I think Goblin War Strike is bad after a board wipe, which is exactly when I want to spike someone for like 14 and take them out in retaliation for murdering my goblins.

Ideally, I can chip away at people and then finish people off with goblin grenades + fork, or other silliness. The damage from the goblins themselves should be somewhat tame. Arc Slogger is in this deck primarily because I love it and needed an excuse to play it... and I think throwing 40 cards out of your library for 8 damage to someone's dome is hilarious.

Not sure about Goblin Welder yet. I put in Goblin Kaboomist, Wily Goblin, Chrome Mox in. Speaking of which, I should play Great Furnace. I'll add that in.. Hoping to weld into Memory Jar or Triskellion, but I feel like there have to be better welds than this somewhere... Let me know if you think of any..

Renesktun

• Decks
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2019, 04:43:22 am »

Revision 6

Added/removed cards:
+1 Great Furnace

Changed amounts:
-1 Mountain

Renesktun

• Decks