deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [EDH / Commander] The Profiteer EDH Deck  (Read 350 times)

Maunaloa

• Decks
[EDH / Commander] The Profiteer EDH Deck
« on: May 19, 2019, 04:46:35 pm »
The Profiteer EDH Deck

Tried to go for a semi Stax semi Flyers deck, suggestions are always welcome. Fairly new to EDH. Fingers Cross I get off Azor's Elocutors once in my life. Need helping finding reasonable upgrades to the deck. All suggestions are great right about now.

Judaspriester

• Decks
Re: [EDH / Commander] The Profiteer EDH Deck
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2019, 07:14:00 pm »
Hey,

first of all, I reccomend to clean up the mana base. my basic rule here: "if it always enters tapped, it needs to have a significant effect". if this doesn't fit, I'll use a basic in stead. If you're afraid of color fixing, Exotic Orchard and Fellwar Stone usually do a good job. Since you're playing UW, you can also use Nimbus Maze.

What about Willbreaker? he would allow you to steal your opponents creatures in stead of bribre them. Thousand-Year Elixir and  Umbral Mantle would also be great, but I think thats a little out of budget.

About your counter section: What about Counterspell, Split Decision and  Narset's Reversal?

For Stax, I've just taken a look at my collection, this is what I found: Aven Mindcensor, Spelltithe Enforcer, Imprisoned in the Moon, Darksteel Mutation, Fade Away, Leonin Arbiter, Magus of the Tabernacle, Ashes of the Abhorrent, Supression Field, Aura of Silence, Fatespinner, Psychic Surgery, Aether Barrier, Siren's Call, Aura Flux, Frozen Aether, Soul Barrier, Tsabo's Web, Cursed TotemIsochron Scepter (allows alot of nasty spells imprinted like Counterspell or Dramatic Reversal), Damping Matrix, Thought Prison.
Maybe some of that stuff catches your eye. ;)
« Last Edit: May 19, 2019, 07:52:56 pm by Judaspriester »
You say Prison Cell, I hear 'Holiday'.

Loggiu

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2019, 11:41:06 pm »
my suggestion is yo!! use more counter ore you're opponents will burn you with fire!!

Judaspriester

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2019, 10:17:22 am »
my suggestion is yo!! use more counter ore you're opponents will burn you with fire!!

Mhh.. I disagree with you. The point is, EDH/Commander is a multiplayer format. This means every counterspell is a card disadvantage. Yes, especially in a control/stax themed deck, you'll need some, but you don't need to counter everything. If they burn their ressources to remove your stax pieces, see it as a sign that you're doing right. Just drop the next (even worse) and watch them cry, because they can't remove this one as well.
You say Prison Cell, I hear 'Holiday'.

Loggiu

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2019, 08:05:54 pm »
he got a lot of stax against creature, so something against control/burn can be better, if card disadvantage it's a problem ertai, wizard adept or glen elendra archmage can be solutions....

Loggiu

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2019, 12:48:24 am »
 and this is my example of deck with counterspells https://deckstats.net/decks/91253/1302016-urza/it