deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Edgar - Comments  (Read 176 times)

Comment Bot

Edgar - Comments
« on: May 20, 2019, 11:20:21 am »
Edgar

This topic has been created automatically to discuss this deck.
Dieses Thema wurde automatisch erstellt, um dieses Deck zu diskutieren.

khalitas18

• Decks
Re: Edgar - Comments
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2019, 11:20:21 am »
pongamos una situación de juego, y si la partida se complica y el tival tiene más campo que tu, de que manera limpias todo el campo¿?
ira de dios o damnation al menos

Judaspriester

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2019, 04:04:21 pm »
err.. the deck seems a little strange. you've got 10 cmc 1 creatures and a average cmc of ~2.6. But on the other hand, you use lands like Akoum Refuge that slow you down. This somehow doesn't fit.

Btw, if you want to play that agressive, what about Mass Hysteria as haste enabler?
You say Prison Cell, I hear 'Holiday'.

SveinMarvin

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2019, 04:47:16 pm »
Thank you for your input. This is only a work in progress, and my first deck ever, so there's bound to be strange things happening in it :-)   Also, I have only recently started my collection and have only a few cards (70-80% of all my cards are in that deck), and I didn't even realize there was a card called Mass Hysteria. I Have Fervor which seems to do the same thing except it only works on my cards.

When you say that Akoum Refuge slows me down, what do you mean? Should I replace it with a basic land that doesn't enter the battlefield tapped? As I said I haven't constructed any decks before, but I need both red and black mana. I felt that the flexibility of dual cards was worth the price of them entering tapped...
Btw: I'll ba grateful for any other tips you might have :-)

Judaspriester

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2019, 05:34:50 pm »
The big point between Mass Hysteria and Fervor is the cmc. Fervor has 3, Mass Hysteria only 1. Since it seems like you want to be as fast as possible, this may make a difference. ;)

About the lands that enter tapped: My basic rule here is "If it always enter tapped, it need to have a significant effect". If this rule doesn't fit, I use a basic land in stead. The background is, that every land that enters tapped costs you 1 mana, because you can't use it imidiately. An example: You're at turn 3 and already got 2 swamps out. If you play Akoum Refuge now, you would get access to red next turn, but at this turn you can only play stuff up to cmc 2. If you play a Mountain in stead, you'll get imidiate access to red and are able to play stuff for cmc 3.

For 3+ colors I often use Fellwar Stone and Exotic Orchard. They are cheap, and since you're playing multiplayer, there are good chances that your opponents got the colors you need. If you want to invest a little more money, Isolated Chapel, Dragonskull Summit, Smoldering Marsh and Luxury Suite would do a great job. Btw, the red equivalent for Tainted Field is Tainted Peak. ;)

If you really want to learn something about brewing commander decks, take a look here: https://deckstats.net/forum/index.php/topic,42562.html
Some of the more commander active players wrote some tips there, that should help alot in building (and trimming down) a deck.

I sadly can't say much about your vampires, I would have to make some research first. But if you look a little around here, there should be alot of edgar decks. I'm sure you'll find some more interesting cards in them.

Btw, I've just noticed Victim of Night in your maybe board. depending on your playgroup Walk the Plank could be an alternative. For black removal I like Tragic Slip and Curtains' Call (please notice the undaunted effect here).
You say Prison Cell, I hear 'Holiday'.

SveinMarvin

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2019, 08:16:29 am »
Thank you again. I will definitely do something about my lands. I don't have any of them right now, but they're only a click away :-)  For now I might just swap some of the dual lands for faster basic lands.