deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Sliver Overlord, The Godfather - Comments  (Read 3397 times)

KawaKele

• Decks
Re: Sliver Overlord, The Godfather - Comments
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2021, 11:07:06 am »
Ich verstehe das nicht, kann mich jemand aufklären? Da steht das es eine neue Revision von dem Deck gibt, aber wenn ich die verschiedenen Revisionen vergleiche, hat sich nichts am Deck geändert... Ist das nur bei mir so oder kriegt Ihr das auch nicht angezeigt?

MrPonzi

• Decks
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2021, 11:56:54 am »
Hi KawaKele, sometimes I add cards that I'm considering or testing in the maybeboard, it's probably because of that. I honestly don't remember if those appear in the revision or not.
Slivers don't learn. They just know.

SirPoonga

• Decks
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2021, 07:06:42 am »
Nexus made it :)  Survival is good if you have a bunch of graveyard revival.  I used it early on when I didn't have many slivers. Combined with reanimate and raise dead it was good.  I think you would want the unearth sliver if you decide to use survival.

MrPonzi

• Decks
« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2021, 11:47:41 am »
I would say that Nexus made it just because I don't own Survival yet. Survival of the fittest is the best deal in order to find Emiel and Dockside. I honestly think that I don't need the unearth sliver, since even if I discard a couple of slivers, I can still win pretty easily with that combo.

Der TodesKnopf

• Decks
« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2021, 09:52:15 pm »
Hi, fellow hivebuddy.

Any thoughts on Scuttling Sliver? Trying to make him work, seems to be a little unwieldy. (something something
Leyline of Abundance + gemhide sliver + training ground hmm janky... Maybe Sliver Queen infinit mana +
Screeching Sliver lol)
Is training ground enough for you? Thinking of Biomancer's Familiar/Zirda, the Dawnwaker for more consistency/redundancy.
I'm also interested in the edition of Shifting Sliver instead of Shadow Sliver. Do you encounter that many shadow creatures, that +1 mana is worth it? Was just wondering.

ty

MrPonzi

• Decks
« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2021, 10:40:13 pm »
Hi @TodesKnopf!

I honestly never thought about that combo. I would say that is effective but not efficient. That's why I've picked up Emiel and Dockside for an infinite mana combo. The fact is that you have to tutor 2 enchantments for that combo, which might become a little bit hard.

I never felt like I need more then one ability cost reduction, like biomancer. I think that the best card that provides that effect is training grounds. Adding more will result into cutting cards that, in my opinion, are making my deck a "Better" One.

MrPonzi

• Decks
« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2021, 11:19:55 pm »
Hey, I live in Europe and prices are lower here. I also bought them though time, so prices were lower.

MrPonzi

• Decks

casualD123

• Decks
« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2021, 01:13:14 am »
very pricey  ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Diskret

• Decks
« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2021, 06:58:39 am »
...yeah right that's a 4k€ deck.

Kronos

• Decks
« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2022, 12:22:03 am »
Hello!!
I really like your deck! I play a very similar deck.
I have a few things to ask you!

1. What do you think of the Bloom Tender? It's a nice ramp and combo card with intruder alarm.
2. About Yawghmoth's Will: why not dregscape? I have never played a game where I had a piece of each combo in a grave ... I usually use dregscape if I need a sliver from the grave or use the combo with morophon + hibernation + overlord + first sliver, to cascade up until I find noxious revival or another combo.
3. Shifting Sliver: How many times do you close the game with the attack? Flying I think it is enough to win by attacking.
4. What do you think of the screeching sliver instead of galerider? 1cc the same but stops the 1cc tutors and it's a nice mill combo.

MrPonzi

• Decks
« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2022, 11:32:48 am »
Hello!!
I really like your deck! I play a very similar deck.

Hey, thanks!
I have a few things to ask you!

1. What do you think of the Bloom Tender? It's a nice ramp and combo card with intruder alarm.
Bloom Tender is really good in a 5 color deck. What I don't like about it right now is its CMC, at the moment I'm running all accelerators that costs 1 or less, except Dockside Extortionist, wich is a combo piece. Tender is good with Intruder Alarm, but also Gemhide Sliver and Manaweft Sliver are, and I think that those 2 have more sinergy then tender with the tribe.
2. About Yawghmoth's Will: why not dregscape? I have never played a game where I had a piece of each combo in a grave ... I usually use dregscape if I need a sliver from the grave or use the combo with morophon + hibernation + overlord + first sliver, to cascade up until I find noxious revival or another combo.
Yawghmoth's Will is a card that can help me with anything. And if I need to bring back some slivers, they'll stay on the battlefield, things that I can't do with Dregscape Sliver. I also don't play Morophon, since I don't find it "strong enough" for a 7 mana hard cast.
3. Shifting Sliver: How many times do you close the game with the attack? Flying I think it is enough to win by attacking.
Since competitive games doesn't really expect a lot of combat damage, sometimes I just voltron the game with Bonescythe Sliver + something between unblockable or flying, it really depends on what the board state is. Current meta runs some flyers, so I want be prepared for everything.
4. What do you think of the screeching sliver instead of galerider? 1cc the same but stops the 1cc tutors and it's a nice mill combo.
There are some effects that I like to have with some redundancy in my deck, and those are Flying and Haste since all of them helps me on getting wins. It's true that Screeching Sliver stops topdeck tutors, but the odds of having it at the right time are really low and the combo you're talking about is a combo that involves at least Intruder Alarm, Gemhide/Manaweft and enough mana to cast Overlord so we can have enough mana for tutor, cast, untap and so on. At that point I can win without it, so I prefer redundancy over some kind of mill-combo piece.

MrPonzi

• Decks
« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2022, 12:54:21 pm »

MrPonzi

• Decks
« Reply #28 on: February 10, 2022, 12:21:42 pm »

MrPonzi