deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Sliver Overlord, The Godfather - Comments  (Read 3652 times)

Wymyk

• Decks
Re: Sliver Overlord, The Godfather - Comments
« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2022, 02:50:22 am »
Hi, I have been playing overlord in the past
Sneak Attack is great with Hibernation Sliver, just saying.

MrPonzi

• Decks
« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2022, 12:22:51 pm »
Slivers don't learn. They just know.

AHURGH

• Decks
« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2022, 01:00:03 am »
Man be rough if someone played blood moon

MrPonzi

• Decks
« Reply #33 on: March 24, 2022, 06:48:18 am »
Man be rough if someone played blood moon

That's why we play counterspells and removals ;)
BTW Blood Moon can be useless if our dorks are already on the battlefield. Generally speaking that effect Is super strong against mostly all competitive decks that are 2 or more colors.

MrPonzi

• Decks
« Reply #34 on: June 01, 2022, 09:13:45 am »

seadaddypatty

• Decks
« Reply #35 on: June 30, 2022, 12:57:53 am »
I don't know why you wouldn't add morophon

MrPonzi

• Decks
« Reply #36 on: June 30, 2022, 09:09:05 am »
Morophon's CMC is too high for what it does. Generally speaking if I have to cast something that big, it should let me win (IE: Ad Nauseam / Peer Into The Abyss).

If you're aiming at a less competitive meta, just slide it in ;)

wtyrrel

• Decks
« Reply #37 on: July 11, 2022, 12:54:48 am »
cost,s to much

MrPonzi

• Decks
« Reply #38 on: July 25, 2022, 11:11:14 am »

seadaddypatty

• Decks
« Reply #39 on: July 31, 2022, 11:56:37 pm »
I put morophon in mine and win the turn he comes out which is often turn 5 and has been as quick as turn 3. still beats "CEDH" decks regularly and mine isn't for comp.

MrPonzi

• Decks
« Reply #40 on: August 01, 2022, 08:49:06 am »
I put morophon in mine and win the turn he comes out which is often turn 5 and has been as quick as turn 3. still beats "CEDH" decks regularly and mine isn't for comp.

Can you describe a situation when you put morophon out turn 5 and win in the same turn? I'm curious about It!

seadaddypatty

• Decks
« Reply #41 on: August 02, 2022, 12:12:13 am »
yeah, any good rocks with running tutors for creatures or vampiric tutor or anything of the sort. gonna need essentially 2 creatures but I feel like  it hasn't really failed me that often. run 44 lands to clear your cascade triggers and essentially you get to (Morophon, first sliver and hibernation sliver) pretty quick. you also have your commander just incase you couldn't get to it and you can have it by turn 6 instead with things like training grounds out it can still be turn 5. also cryptolith rites and mana slivers make it a turn quicker. make sure you put suspend rocks and cool free cast suspend stuff in that is 4 or less cause it removes suspend counters and hard casts it off cascade. I spent about 3 years making one that does this and it seemingly does good even against control cause your stuff doesn't appear as threatening at a cedh table but it's you playing your whole deck in 1 turn with slivers that do what slivers do lol. I don't even run the queen cause she doesn't align with the goal.

MrPonzi

• Decks
« Reply #42 on: August 02, 2022, 12:26:16 am »
yeah, any good rocks with running tutors for creatures or vampiric tutor or anything of the sort. gonna need essentially 2 creatures but I feel like  it hasn't really failed me that often. run 44 lands to clear your cascade triggers and essentially you get to (Morophon, first sliver and hibernation sliver) pretty quick. you also have your commander just incase you couldn't get to it and you can have it by turn 6 instead with things like training grounds out it can still be turn 5. also cryptolith rites and mana slivers make it a turn quicker. make sure you put suspend rocks and cool free cast suspend stuff in that is 4 or less cause it removes suspend counters and hard casts it off cascade. I spent about 3 years making one that does this and it seemingly does good even against control cause your stuff doesn't appear as threatening at a cedh table but it's you playing your whole deck in 1 turn with slivers that do what slivers do lol. I don't even run the queen cause she doesn't align with the goal.

I know how to play a card some turns earlier but you said you win when morophon hits the floor. I'll ask you again: can you explain to me how? You said you run 44 lands... It doesn't feel consistent to me. If you have a list feel free to share, or if you want to discuss it in our Sliver discord, feel free to join ;)

AeroTheFallenAngel

• Decks
« Reply #43 on: September 07, 2022, 05:53:34 pm »
Question: Why do you include Dormant Sliver in the deck? Would that not make all of your slivers unable to attack?

MrPonzi

• Decks
« Reply #44 on: September 08, 2022, 03:07:42 pm »
Question: Why do you include Dormant Sliver in the deck? Would that not make all of your slivers unable to attack?
True, but when performing a combo, you can always sac it for Basal Sliver ability. But generally, if you combo off, you don't need to attack.