deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: If you could unban one card for one of your EDH decks, which would it be?  (Read 1584 times)

Xaarvaxus

• Decks
Braids, Cabal Minion as it remains one of my favorite cards ever.  I was fine with the 'banned as commander' designation [at least I think it was one that had that tag] as I was more interested in just having her in the 99 anyway, but I do get the 'unfun' aspect of playing against her.  Still, it would be cool to be able to sleeve her up in my Meren deck.  Primeval Titan or Recurring Nightmare would be close seconds to unban.

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Banging and (spell) slanging!
  • Decks
I wish they'd bring back the Banned as Commander list.
This space for rent.

robort

• Patron
  • Decks
If I really had to choose then I probably choose this one Sylvan Primordial. I would care less if you blow stuff up and go and get yourself some lands.
A legend in my own mind or so what the voices keep telling me

Red_Wyrm

• I'm the boss of the forums.
  • Decks

Yeah. There are some cards I see as too powerful in the command zone, but something like leovold is nowhere near as powerful when a path to exile gets rid of him. And honestly I dont understand why Iona isn't banned. She says any mono colored decks cant play magic. That's less fun than a leovold lock. Why should I be forced to run scour from existence in every one of my mono colored decks?
My King Baby said yes!
I thought you'd never ask
Also, I always spell your name correctly, Red_Wurm.  :)

Please, it is Red

BoBWiz

• Decks
OK, for me it's definitely Primeval Titan for a maze's end-brew i got when I started playing Commander (and than realized that Titan is banned).

Leonixious

• Decks
I would have to say Limited Resources was a hit to my old mono-white EDH deck I built back in the day. I also hade a 5-color deck I had a while ago (Slivers) that ran it with Global Ruin.
Unpopular opinion: Mono-White is NOT the weakest color.

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Decks

Yeah. There are some cards I see as too powerful in the command zone, but something like leovold is nowhere near as powerful when a path to exile gets rid of him. And honestly I dont understand why Iona isn't banned. She says any mono colored decks cant play magic. That's less fun than a leovold lock. Why should I be forced to run scour from existence in every one of my mono colored decks?

Iona is one I don't understand either.
This space for rent.

Red_Wyrm

• Decks

Sliver boy cares about other people's enjoyment? Iona is exactly the type of card you would play.
Iona is one I don't understand either.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2019, 04:06:27 pm by Red_Wyrm »
My King Baby said yes!

Please, it is Red

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Decks
I use to run Iona but I don't like how it just straight locks some players out of the game. I'm all for limiting what an opponent can do but to totally lock someone out just makes the game no fun at all for someone.
This space for rent.

Aetherium Slinky

• Rules Advisor
    • reddit.com/r/jankEDH
  • Decks
So I have this new pet deck with Taniwha leading it. There are two options: Upheaval and Sway of the Stars. Unsure how I would cast either one of those. Probably with Leyline of Anticipation or Vedalken Orrery. Nevertheless, I would love to see my opponents' faces when they realize I keep my lands and they won't. I already run Sunder but these deal with other permanents, too, so they're much more powerful in terms of leveling power. I'm actually kind of bitter for not being able to run either of those because I know they're banned for other reasons. For me they're combo pieces and a win condition, unlike for most decks that just prolong the game needlessly.
Come brew some jank with us!
https://www.reddit.com/r/jankEDH/

Red_Wyrm

• Decks
So I have this new pet deck with Taniwha leading it. There are two options: Upheaval and Sway of the Stars. Unsure how I would cast either one of those. Probably with Leyline of Anticipation or Vedalken Orrery. Nevertheless, I would love to see my opponents' faces when they realize I keep my lands and they won't. I already run Sunder but these deal with other permanents, too, so they're much more powerful in terms of leveling power. I'm actually kind of bitter for not being able to run either of those because I know they're banned for other reasons. For me they're combo pieces and a win condition, unlike for most decks that just prolong the game needlessly.

You're exactly the kind of evil I like.
My King Baby said yes!

Please, it is Red