deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: commander EDH storm question  (Read 304 times)

Caveman Clay

• Patron
  • Decks
commander EDH storm question
« on: May 31, 2019, 04:11:39 pm »
question #1     Thousand-Year Storm  and a Storm card like  Ignite Memories work ?  (spell count is 2 or 1)?

question #2      Thousand-Year Storm +  tapped Primal Amulet + Volt Charge (2R)   =  3 damage (Proliferate)+ 3 damage (Proliferate) spell count is 2 now correct.  (storm was played before turn).

question #3  Thousand-Year Storm + Primal Amulet + Guttersnipe is on the battle field.  lighting bolt (3 damage = +2 GS) (SC=1) Tapped PA as a land play Volt charge 3 damage + 2 GS  (SC+2) +3 damage + 2 GS  from copy. (do I get second 2 damage from GS). then second copy from Primal Amulet (Sp count 3)  volt  charge = 9 + 6 form GS.     total damage = 30  + 5 Proliferate.

I hope this make scene.  Guttersnipe is 2 damage do you get the 2 for each copy off of Thousand year storm.  and does also apply to a storm card.

https://deckstats.net/decks/107838/1260176-mizzix
Est. MTG player 2018.
Goblins collecting 505

zacem

• Decks
Re: commander EDH storm question
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2019, 05:21:25 pm »
Let me see what I can do.

Answer #1, assuming Thousand-year storm was cast the last turn, you would only get the original copy of Ignite Memories. If you cast Thousand-year storm this turn, you would get two copies of the Ignite Memories, the original and a copy from the original. (Thousand-year storm only counts instants and sorceries towards the storm count, unlike normal storm cards which count all cards cast including your opponents.)

Answer #2, assuming the Primal Amulet is still an artifact, it would get a charge counter from you casting the Volt charge, then the Volt charge would resolve, dealing 3 damage and proliferating the counter. Your storm count for Thousand-year storm would be at 1 because you have only cast 1 instant.

Answer #3, Your lightning bolt would deal 3 to any target, Guttersnipe would deal 2 damage to each opponent, storm count is at 1. Then using the Primal Wellspring (I think that is what Primal Amulet turns into) to cast Volt charge, Guttersnipe deals 2 damage (only 1 trigger because you only cast 1 spell, the copies aren't cast, therefore no guttersnipe trigger) copy the spell with the wellspring once and then with the storm once, (storm count is still only 1 because the copies aren't cast) dealing 9 damage and proliferating 3 times. Total damage = 16 + 3 proliferate.

I hope that is clear. If I made a mistake anywhere, please let me know, because this is how I have been playing the cards for some time now.

Caveman Clay

• Patron
  • Decks
Re: commander EDH storm question
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2019, 08:00:04 pm »
Thank you,  thanks for clearing that up.   I think i Have it now.  so I need to run two spell counters when playing with storm cards and thousand year storm.

Est. MTG player 2018.
Goblins collecting 505