deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [EDH / Commander] Beckett Brass v2  (Read 908 times)

HotPotato

• Decks
[EDH / Commander] Beckett Brass v2
« on: June 06, 2019, 01:02:23 pm »
Beckett Brass v2

YAAARH MATEY !
This deck is centered around Beckett's ability, which means we have to hit quick and hard the opponents in the face to take their stuff and survive in the late game.

This deck is not totally optimized, especially the manabase, but it is meant to be fun and it really is ^^ If you have any suggestions I'm glad to hear them.
" The worst part isn’t the pain, or the smell, or even the fear of death. It’s hearing the clatter of bone on stone and knowing the bones are yours. "

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
Re: [EDH / Commander] Beckett Brass v2
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2019, 12:53:25 pm »
Aside from the lands, it looks good for it's theme. Was there anything else you were looking to improve on?

HotPotato

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2019, 04:41:06 pm »
Thanks for the feedback ! Yeah, the manabase is my greatest concern, but for multiplayer I guess it's okay. Too bad I can't spend much on lands to improve it, as I want to keep the deck as cheap as possible. (I got more than half of the cards through exchanges)

Note : The Sword Of Body and Mind is highly synergistic in my meta / deck, as I'm facing Big Mommy Ghalta most of my multiplayer matches 😂 And a Sword + evasion is kinda nice, it won me many games in the first version of my deck.
" The worst part isn’t the pain, or the smell, or even the fear of death. It’s hearing the clatter of bone on stone and knowing the bones are yours. "

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2019, 07:27:33 pm »
Call it strange but lands that enter tapped are actually worse in multiplayer. You want to accelerate, not decelerate (this is also why mana ramp is important.

You can improve the land base by removing all of the lands that enter tapped unconditionally, and replace them with basics. Exotic Orchard is also a card that works well for a low price.

HotPotato

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2019, 07:01:17 pm »
I didn't know that .. In fact my meta is quite slow and combo based (aside from the monogreen players) so I didn't quite catch that subtelty. But isn't the fixing also important ? I mean, I need some critical mass of duals to be sure I can function in the early game, as my game plan is to setup the board to take control of the battlefield as early as the midgame begins.

Thanks for the recommandation, I also hate to play tapped anyway.

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2019, 10:16:07 pm »
You do want some mana fixing, but a lot of the good lands for this cost money. Some cheap ones that you can use are Tainted Peak, Tainted Isle, Shivan Reef, Foreboding Ruins, and Choked Estuary. If everybody else uses lands that enter tapped, then you can afford to go slower than usual. But upgrading the land base will give you an edge.

The other option is to use more artifacts that give mana. You already have Sol Ring and the three signets in your colors, which are all good, but you can also add Fellwar Stone, Talisman of Indulgence, Talisman of Dominance, and Talisman of Creativity when it releases this Friday.

HotPotato

• Decks
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2019, 11:36:48 pm »
Yeah that's true, I didn't consider the tainted lands and it could be a good addition to the mana base. The Talisman are really good ! I didn't knew about the first two, but thanks to Modern Horizons it's going to be real easy to get my hands on the last one. Thank you very much !