deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: I need help with a morphon elf deck  (Read 571 times)

Varatius

• Decks
I need help with a morphon elf deck
« on: June 26, 2019, 04:19:43 am »
So I want to make a deck using morphon that runs elves and changelings with coat of arms craterhoof and triumph of the hordes as potential win cons I want it to be focused around a token strategy the cheat effect of morphon is not relevant there will be a handful of nonsense elf none changeling cards in the deck but not many what I have so far is the following price is literally no problem I am fine with removing some cards in my current list but I want it to remain mostly unchanged I do like fork and reverberate if more instants and sorceries are ran but they are definitely the first go to cards to cut if not. https://deckstats.net/decks/117870/1336900-morphon-changeling-elves

Marshstepper78

• Decks
Re: I need help with a morphon elf deck
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2019, 05:01:15 am »
I wouldn't bother with Morophon, the Boundless as an elf tribal commander. Rhys the Redeemed seems a far better choice if you want to go the token route. Coat of Arms, Triumph of the Hordes and Craterhoof Behemoth can easily remain your wincon. Coat of Arms, however, can be a double-edged sword as it also buffs an opponent's tribal army. You can add Ezuri, Renegade Leader to pump your elf token army as well. Less colors makes building the mana base easier as well.

Your list is a bit confused imo and needs some refocusing.

Morophon is a great commander for tribes with not much support; elf tokens is not without adequate support.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2019, 05:24:55 am by Marshstepper78 »

Marshstepper78

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2019, 05:19:41 am »
And if the token route is really where you want to take this deck, Selesnya has Anointed Procession, Parallel Lives, Doubling Season, Second Harvest, etc. Add cards that let you untap and reuse Rhys the Redeemed (e.g. Thousand-Year Elixir) and you are off to the races.

Selesnya also has great mana doublers like Mirari's Wake and Zendikar Resurgent so you can start doubling them elves quicker.

Try Aura Shards.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2019, 05:32:03 am by Marshstepper78 »

Varatius

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2019, 06:30:32 am »
I know it sounds weird but I like the changeling part of the deck and thought it'd be cool with morphon as it just drives it home when people see all the changelings plus my changelings also help punish other tribals with coat of arms as I will get buffs from their creatures as well meaning average is my changelings are bigger than theirs.   I decided elves because I can run deathrite with rhys as well as make a huge army easy with the tokens. The few non elf cards also boost my changelings I know it sounds weird but its more of a focus on the changelings for fun but I want it to be more than just a casual deck I want it around like a 5-6 on a scale of 1-10 because we added a few people to our play group that play decks that are strong but not broken and I thought it would be fun to play a deck that has a bigger focus on the good changelings but there really isnt many strong one which made me sad.   I appreciate your help but the biggest thing is I want the flavor that morphon brings to the changeling idea for what I want to play when I play with them.

Varatius

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2019, 06:33:17 am »
I did forget about zendikar resurgent and miraris wake those will definitely go in there too thankyou