English-language Forums > Off-Topic

Game of Thrones Series Finale opinions (S8 opinions)

(1/1)

MystikMonkWarrior:
So was anyone here not completely disappointed with the last three episodes of GoT?

Red_Wyrm:

--- Quote from: MystikMonkWarrior on June 15, 2019, 08:50:32 am ---So was anyone here not completely disappointed with the last three episodes of GoT?

--- End quote ---

It felt rushed, but the overall plot was satisfying to me. I like how danny, despite everything she said and did to cure the targaryen name of what the mad king did to it. That was nice. All though I do have quite a few things I didn't like. Danny died so damn easily. So did Cersei. In fact, most of season 8 was focused around Danny. How much screen time did Cersei get? Like half an hour total, maybe? I loved the show because I never knew who to root for, but season 8 made it clear that Danny was the good guy (or girl). I always hated Cersei, but I loved her character. And the battle of winterfell was short too. Disappointing. Arya can somehow kill the night king? He knew she was sneaking up on him, and he was able to catch her with one hand while she was in the air, but he couldn't predict her stabbing him with the dagger? We saw how strong he is when he threw a spear/javelin thing through a god damn dragon no problem. Couldn't he have just crushed her throat?

Bran is king? What? Ugh fine. I thought he would be important when fighting the night king (he kind of was), but no apparently he is king material. Jamie's arc was disappointing because ultimately he came right back to where he started, returning to Cersei despite knowing they had lost. Personally I think he should have been killed in the battle of winterfell. Give him some heroic moment where he sacrificed himself to kill the night king, but nope.

I absolutely loved the ending scene though. I loved the first 30 or so seconds where their actions parallel each other, but they have each found their destiny. I mean Jon didn't have much of a choice, but why is he going even further north? We are left to draw our own conclusions, which I guess is fine. But why does there need to be a nights watch now? There is no wall. And Arya should've had a line similar to Inigo Montoya. "I have been in the revenge business so long, now that it's over, I do not know what to do with the rest of my life." She wasn't in exactly the same position as Inigo, and I don't think this line exactly would fit, but a line similar to this would've been great. I guess, "What's west of Westeros?" will have to do. I think she kind of had this moment with Sandor. Her parting words to him, "Sandor. Thank you," were powerful and it spoke volumes about how much she had grown. Ever since she was a little girl, she had her list of names, with every intention of killing them all, and we saw her start to go down that path when she poisoned an entire castle of people, but she finally realized she had to live her own life.

In fact, that was my favorite part, where she said thank you to Sandor.

Overall though, I think the entire season was done hastily and lazily. I mean come on. A water bottle in the final episode and a star bucks cup in like episode 2 or something? Get your shit together. A 100 million dollar budget. That is $100,000,000.00. Ugh. And they had two years to do this because we didn't have any episodes in 2018. This season should have been the opposite of rushed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UClXV5UJXxs

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version