deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: turn 3, every time - Comments  (Read 527 times)

Comment Bot

turn 3, every time - Comments
« on: June 16, 2019, 03:26:38 am »
turn 3, every time

This topic has been created automatically to discuss this deck.
Dieses Thema wurde automatisch erstellt, um dieses Deck zu diskutieren.

THEpuy

• Decks
Re: turn 3, every time - Comments
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2019, 03:26:38 am »
Seems strong. Thoughts on splashing blue for a cantrip or too?

NameisMatt

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2019, 04:02:54 am »
You could, it really depends on what you want out of the deck. It feels like there is a shell here; brake it your way.

I have not needed blue, i played a version with mana tithe for permission but even that felt unnecessary.  This deck has a ton of redundant pieces so drawing the card needed happens. With that said extra card draw is always good.

If the people you play with use a lot of exile effects like path and surgical i can see adding cantrips to make up for it.  I dont think it will be necessary unless that is the case, especially with the new mulligan rule coming in.

I would cut anafenza first because double white after wanting turn one black might be an issue if you do go a third color. then maybe the seer because it's scry doesnt win the game by itself and you are making up for the loss of scrying.

Best of luck.  if you actually test it like that i would be curious to hear how you do with it.

NameisMatt

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2019, 03:30:38 pm »
This made me think and here a few other ideas that can use this deck

Adding some soul sister effect to the deck to gain infinite life for when you dont draw kitchen finks.  From there you would win the game if the opponent had drawn more cards than you, either by passing your turn until they deck or until you draw the altar and mill them out.
Blasting station works as a sacrifice outlet, at three mana, that also causes infinite damage and is an artifact that would be harder to remove than a creature.
Having a genesis chamber, two mana artifact, out means that you get infinite one/one tokens. This deck works in a way that you can combo at any time so just do it in the opponents end step and you win. They also can block early as you fill the board.
Finally Melira is a green legendary creature that fills the same role as cards like vizier or solemnity in that two mana slot, so she could be a consideration.  Plus she is incidental hate against infect

Nils

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2019, 07:27:24 pm »
Your deck was selected as our deckstats.net deck of the week this week. Congratulations!

Capadearmadillo

• Decks

NameisMatt

• Decks
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2019, 02:16:34 am »
I mean capadearmadillo you can run it like that and win games. The core of the deck isnt changed much
I think i would cut the redcaps and at least one anafenza(solemnity randomly hoses infect and isnt legendary) from the deck before anything else then probably unearth just in general.  But unearth can just be i win if you are digging for a combo piece with altar.

This is a shell. You can cut down to like 6 of each of the 3 combo effects and still have the deck work, but then i would add card draw in another color.

At the end of the day you could play 4 altar, 3 carrion feeder, 4 visier, 2 anafenza, 3 putrid goblin and 3 safehold elite and replace everything else in the deck. ( i chose these because i like these the most.  Any six or seven of the combo cards is enough to draw at least one eventually.) 
This would allow you to have about 20 slots to fill with discard or removal or draw or counter magic. 
This shell can be used more like a classic combo deck or as a midrange deck

The deck i posted is was just focused on getting consistent fast kills with a creature beats backup. Which is what i feel like the best decks in modern recently are doing, speed first then a backup if it fails(infect lacks the backup; for example of why not having a backup limits a fast deck)

Also just as an aside, i dont like generous gift in all of modern unless the deck is built to take advantage of having the opponent get the 3/3.  But i have been wrong about cards before.

ematomi

• Decks
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2019, 07:52:13 pm »
really nice combo