deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Feature Request: More attributes to Import Card List (from magemarket.com)  (Read 2371 times)

Zombo

• Patron
  • Decks
A few weeks ago, I made a feature request to alter the CSV import to make it compatible for Snapcardster which in the meantime was renamed to magemarket.com. https://deckstats.net/forum/index.php/topic,44017.0.html
Today I discovered, that they changed the Export feature to a new format, which has less information and "Spaces" instead of "Commas" as a delimiter.
Code: [Select]
1 Arlinn's Wolf (WAR) 151
1 Band Together (WAR) 153
I couldn't find a way, to convert the Space delimiter to a comma delimiter, as many Magic card names consist of two words, yet.

Instead I found out that your "Import Card List" feature works out of the box with the new format. Sadly this feature lacks the possibility to mass import the attributes Language and Quality and Foil.

Is there a way, we might alter the Import to work this way? Example:
Code: [Select]
1 Arlinn's Wolf (WAR) 151 DE NM !Foil
1 Band Together (WAR) 153 DE NM
Than I could write a PowerShell FOR-Loop or Notepad++ Macro to alter the Exported list, and prepare it for an import at deckstats.

Let me know what you think!

Nils

• Decks
Based on what you wrote I think by far the easiest option would be to ask Magemarket/Snapcaster to bring back the CSV export.

If they are unable/unwilling to do that you could write a script to convert their format back to CSV. It sounds like you could just read the input as a space-separated file, figure out which column contains something that looks like a set symbol inside parantheses and then calculate the column numbers for the card name and the other info based on that. I don't know about PowerShell, but for example in Python that should be relatively easy using their CSV functions.