deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Suggestions for Improving Deckstats?  (Read 17555 times)

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
Suggestions for Improving Deckstats?
« on: June 23, 2019, 06:16:09 pm »
We have two new moderators, and the forums are more active than they've ever been. Time to make some changes. If anybody has any suggestions on improving this site, let's hear it. Anything at all.

I'll start.

I know one thing I've heard a lot of complaints about is the look of Deckstats. Not so much the forum layout, but more-so the spoilers for cards.

You can see that some of the cards are cropped, and some of them aren't. Some cards also have the text blurred out. It also seems to be like this for newer cards but not older cards. It's possible that this could be fixed by taking the images from Scryfall instead of mtg-forum.de
« Last Edit: June 29, 2019, 11:23:13 pm by Morganator 2.0 »

Red_Wyrm

• I'm the boss of the forums.
  • Decks
Re: Suggestions for Improving Deckstats?
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2019, 07:08:20 pm »
I would like to be able to fit more quotes of people saying I'm awesome in my signature line. The main problem I have is that the BBC code for quoting someone counts a lot toward that limit. Is there a way no not count that stuff?

Okay so for example:

{quote}
Hello world
{/quote}

Takes up 29 characters, but it would be great if it only counted the characters in Hello world.

My King Baby said yes!
I thought you'd never ask
Also, I always spell your name correctly, Red_Wurm.  :)

Please, it is Red

entropize

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2019, 09:04:11 pm »
My suggestion would be able to see the visual images of upcoming sets. For example, in addition to the list of cards coming out in say M20 to have the option to see the image of the card. For the ones without an image already uploaded, to have an unknown image with its ability if it has one. Perhaps a visual tab for the sets as an option
« Last Edit: June 30, 2019, 03:02:52 am by entropize »

Varatius

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2019, 12:37:29 am »
I'd like if you could put like a card price tracker with charts showing price trends.

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2019, 12:51:12 am »
I'd like if you could put like a card price tracker with charts showing price trends.

This seems like a little much for a deck-building/forum site. MTGStocks already exists.

Shredwick

• EDH
  • Decks
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2019, 03:49:26 pm »
Is this just for the forums or for the deckbuilder or both?

I have no issues with the forums, but I have a few suggestions for the deckbuilder:

The ability to filter cards by color identity, not just color.  And to be able to filter multicolored cards by their actual colors, not just by that their multicolored, i.e. searching for only BW cards.  on the flip side, being able to filter cards excluding a certain color, i.e., filter out cards with white and/or blue in their color/identity.

The ability to filter with more than just one set.  Say I want to pull up all the shocks, or the checks.  the first requires at least two sets (guilds and allegiance), same with the other (dom and ixalan).

The ability to filter with keywords.  i.e., contains "exile target creature" (exact phrase), or contains the words "whenever enters battlefield."

The ability to filter supertypes and subtypes.  i.e., able to search only creatures that are Legendary and have the Warrior subtype.

that's all I have on the top of my head for now.

A single victory is all I need.

Soren841

• Decks
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2019, 03:56:31 pm »
You can do all of that except the filter by multiple sets.
Nils is the God I worship

Shredwick

• EDH
  • Decks
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2019, 04:19:05 pm »
Well then I'm dumb and can't figure it out
A single victory is all I need.

Soren841

• Decks
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2019, 04:19:51 pm »
I'll upload screenshots when I get on my PC.

Soren841

• Decks
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2019, 04:47:48 pm »
You can just type words into the search bar and it'll search cards with those words. It just filters the cards with those words in their NAMES to be first. For example if you search "destroy," it'll find all the cards with the word destroy in their name, put them first, and then filter all the cards with the word destroy in their text after those.

Tomguta

• Decks
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2019, 07:22:19 pm »
Hi,

would it be possible to add more keyboard shortcuts while working with collections?
- to focus on the Search card input field (I need to use mouse to refocus, which is a bit annoying)
- to show the edition selection for the last added card to the collection
- to add +1/-1 to the last added card (I know, enter works, but not when the focus is lost).

burn your face

• Decks
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2019, 08:38:25 pm »
This is a very small thing and I'm not sure if I just can't figure it out.

When I used to post a deck on the forum, it would categorize the cards on the forum how I told the deckbuilder to categorize them (I.e. color, card type, ext...). Now when I post a deck to the forum, I doesn't categorize the cards in the deck at all.

I just find this kind of irritating because I find it overwhelming to look at a decklist and have to categorize the threats, lands, spells and stuff in my head.

Ginso

• Decks
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2019, 10:19:56 am »
I would like to search for decks that only contain cards currently allowed.
It would be enough if i can limit it to decks that only contain cards of certain expansions

pigpill

• Decks
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2019, 05:43:39 pm »
Love the site so far. Two suggestions I thought of.

1. Feature for subsections on the maybe board. I want to categorize my maybe board and allow others to see the thought process behind the maybe board.

2. When building the deck, allow column customization.  An example is that I build a lot of budget decks, so I would love to see the price column right in my deck building to help me decide if one card is worth the extra money vs another.

crimsonking

• Decks
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2019, 12:53:29 am »
Hi,
No need to say I love the website and I sincerily think you guys are doing a great job.
Nonetheless, I have 3 feature requests:
  • I've noticed the stats for mana sources are quite inaccurate.
    For instance, in this deck:
    https://deckstats.net/decks/54477/531750-durdle-deck
    The stats clearly say I only have 1 any-color land (Command Tower), which isn't true since Reflecting Pool can produce mana of any color too (at least virtually).
    Also, I play 4 fetchlands that can all grab Overgrown Tomb and Prismatic Vista that can grab either a Swamp or a Forest, but they don't seem to participate to the statistics.
    Moreover, I suspect Phyrexian Tower counts as a double-black mana producing land, which isn't that true since I'd rather count that ability as a sac outlet.
    Now, you can agree or not to what I've just said, what I actually request is a tag to manually set the mana produced by lands (like the <cost=CC> to set the casting cost).
    I put this first because I heavily rely on the stats when deckbuilding (especially for EDH) and I find this issue quite misleading.
  • I'd like to be able to format the text in the deck description (using BBCode, HTML, RTF, you choose), for instance like in tappedout.net.
    This could be very useful if people ever want to write some kind of primer about their deck or such, and I think it will benefit the website in general.
  • I'm a sofware engineer and the thing I like the most of the website is the version control of the decks.
    I often use the compare tool to see the changes between two versions of the same deck, or to compare similar decks.
    Most of the times, I find it quite cumbersome to read and not that descriptive.
    I use extensively the manual deckbuilder, so I really miss something like Beyond Compare or any diff tool for programmers.
    Here's a screenshot to have a visual idea of what I mean:

I understand though that this feature ain't probably that trivial to implement, and that's why I put it last.
As a side note, I'm Italian and I've noticed throughout the website that some translations to my language are incorrect or missing.
For instance, in the deck page, the tab "Details" is not translated and the tab "Charts" is rendered as "Classifiche", which is clearly incorrect.
"Classifiche" means "Charts" when talking about music charts and stuff like that, here the correct translation would be: "Statistiche".
I could volunteer to fill the gaps if you tell me how to do that.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2019, 01:36:46 am by crimsonking »