deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Suggestions for Improving Deckstats?  (Read 17553 times)

WizardSpartan

• Red_Wyrm's boo
  • Decks
Re: Suggestions for Improving Deckstats?
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2019, 01:39:11 am »
When I print out text proxies of 2 faced cards or cards with a lot of text, it will just continue printing the text over the text of the card beneath it. For 1 sided cards with a lot of text, I would like for the font to automatically shrink to fit the borders of the card. For 2 sided cards, I would like a toggle for printing the back face, or the back face printed on a separate sheet of paper, so I can cut both sides out and stick them into 1 sleeve. The way it is set up now is messy and hard to understand (no offense). Thanks!

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2019, 01:46:34 am »
I'd like to be able to format the text in the deck description (using BBCode, HTML, RTF, you choose), for instance like in tappedout.net.
This could be very useful if people ever want to write some kind of primer about their deck or such, and I think it will benefit the website in general.

Deckstats does use BBCode, although I've noticed that the buttons at the top don't always work, so I've had to resort to manually typing out the BBCode.

crimsonking

• Decks
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2019, 08:12:18 am »
I'd like to be able to format the text in the deck description (using BBCode, HTML, RTF, you choose), for instance like in tappedout.net.
This could be very useful if people ever want to write some kind of primer about their deck or such, and I think it will benefit the website in general.

Deckstats does use BBCode, although I've noticed that the buttons at the top don't always work, so I've had to resort to manually typing out the BBCode.
I'm not talking about the forum, I'm talking about de deck description in the "Overview" tab of the deck page.
In the deck description, BBCode doesn't work, HTML doesn't work. The deck description is text-only, I've checked.

paulusdeboself

• Decks

Judaspriester

• Decks
« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2019, 09:59:20 am »
I can't find the 'new topic button, but I think this topic suits as well.

I can't find decks with Kethis, the hidden hand as a commander via the search function. I wanted to find other elves legend decks with him as a commander but the results are empty: https://deckstats.net/decks/search/?lng=en&search_title=&search_format=10&search_season=0&search_cards_commander%5B%5D=Kethis%2C+the+Hidden+Hand&search_price_min=&search_price_max=&search_number_cards_main=&search_number_cards_sideboard=&search_cards%5B%5D=&search_tags=&search_age_max_days=0&search_age_max_days_custom=&search_order=updated%2Cdesc&utf8=%E2%9C%94

I can confirm the problem. With Kenthis as commander, nothing's found. If I just search for EDH Decks with "Kenthis" in title, I'll find some. Maybe caused by the comma in the name?
You say Prison Cell, I hear 'Holiday'.

easyy

• Decks
« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2019, 02:16:46 pm »
so I'm not sure what any suggested so far but things I think would be great just for deck building itself.

Search Page:
1. Removing everything on the left side of the page besides the Search Box. Direct Entry Box and Intro to Our Deckbuilder box. (allows for more cards on the page)
2. Making it so that thumbnails pop up and you can hover over to see a bigger picture if you want.
3. Possibly moving the Navigation Bar to the bottom of the page. Again helping fit More on the page for search and building features
4. Right side of the page could be narrower so that you can make the left side bigger a bit, since the left side doesn't need all the images and is only text

honestly you guys are the closest thing to amazing for Deckbuilding. I love your interface and setup more than any other one I've used. These are just the few things I would love to see personally .
Keep up the good work, your stuff is awesome.

12raybone

• Decks
« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2019, 04:21:52 pm »
When viewing a deck, be able to put things to a cart from a company that is not US based such as ChaosCards for the UK.

paulusdeboself

• Decks
« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2019, 04:23:21 pm »
I can't find the 'new topic button, but I think this topic suits as well.

I can't find decks with Kethis, the hidden hand as a commander via the search function. I wanted to find other elves legend decks with him as a commander but the results are empty: https://deckstats.net/decks/search/?lng=en&search_title=&search_format=10&search_season=0&search_cards_commander%5B%5D=Kethis%2C+the+Hidden+Hand&search_price_min=&search_price_max=&search_number_cards_main=&search_number_cards_sideboard=&search_cards%5B%5D=&search_tags=&search_age_max_days=0&search_age_max_days_custom=&search_order=updated%2Cdesc&utf8=%E2%9C%94

I can confirm the problem. With Kenthis as commander, nothing's found. If I just search for EDH Decks with "Kenthis" in title, I'll find some. Maybe caused by the comma in the name?

I still can't find decks with Kethis as commander. I would like to make a topic about this, but I can't make topics (at least not in this forum) as far as i know. So feedback is that it's impossible to create a topic to report a bug.

Nils

• Decks
« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2019, 06:20:31 pm »
Thank you for all your suggestions! I am going through all of these, but a few quick things to note:

@paulusdeboself, @Judaspriester: The issue you reported with searching for some commanders has now been fixed: https://deckstats.net/decks/search/?lng=en&search_title=&search_format=10&search_season=0&search_cards_commander%5B%5D=Kethis%2C+the+Hidden+Hand&search_price_min=&search_price_max=&search_number_cards_main=&search_number_cards_sideboard=&search_cards%5B%5D=&search_tags=&search_age_max_days=0&search_age_max_days_custom=&search_order=updated%2Cdesc&utf8=%E2%9C%94

@easyy: I have made a lot of changes to the new deckbuilder over the last week, which should cover some of the things you mentioned. Please give it another try now!

paulusdeboself

• Decks
« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2019, 08:03:37 pm »
Thank you for all your suggestions! I am going through all of these, but a few quick things to note:

@paulusdeboself, @Judaspriester: The issue you reported with searching for some commanders has now been fixed: https://deckstats.net/decks/search/?lng=en&search_title=&search_format=10&search_season=0&search_cards_commander%5B%5D=Kethis%2C+the+Hidden+Hand&search_price_min=&search_price_max=&search_number_cards_main=&search_number_cards_sideboard=&search_cards%5B%5D=&search_tags=&search_age_max_days=0&search_age_max_days_custom=&search_order=updated%2Cdesc&utf8=%E2%9C%94

@easyy: I have made a lot of changes to the new deckbuilder over the last week, which should cover some of the things you mentioned. Please give it another try now!

Thanks!

Nils

• Decks
« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2019, 12:08:34 pm »
@crimsonking: Thank you for all your great suggestions. I have now implemented the first one, allowing you to override which cards are counted as mana sources. Use source=XXX, where XXX can be any combination of mana symbols or * or {ANY} for any color. So for example you could set source=* for Reflecting Pool and source=C for Phyrexian Tower.

crimsonking

• Decks
« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2019, 03:55:24 pm »
@crimsonking: Thank you for all your great suggestions. I have now implemented the first one, allowing you to override which cards are counted as mana sources. Use source=XXX, where XXX can be any combination of mana symbols or * or {ANY} for any color. So for example you could set source=* for Reflecting Pool and source=C for Phyrexian Tower.
Thank you! :)

crimsonking

• Decks
« Reply #27 on: August 04, 2019, 04:21:07 pm »
One quick question: how do I force a land to not to produce mana (like Maze of Ith)?
This has come to my mind because I realized I shouldn't count Cabal Coffers as a mana source.

Nils

• Decks
« Reply #28 on: August 04, 2019, 04:53:20 pm »
"source=" should work!

crimsonking

• Decks
« Reply #29 on: August 04, 2019, 08:54:31 pm »
As a side note, I've noticed that - unlike Reflecting Pool - Exotic Orchard does count as "any color".
I came to the conclusion that's because Reflecting Pool says "any type" instead of "any color" (that's because this way it can produce colorless mana too).
There are many cards with the same wording, Plaza of Harmony is among them and I suspect it has the same problem.
Don't know how much this is a bug or a feature, but I think the criteria used to determine "any color" lands should be extended.